Who ruined D&D's Rep?

catsclaw227

First Post
Interestingly, I have heard mention on news casts and web blogs (none that I can specifically remember, but it was months ago) that the relationship dynamic between the Twilight characters is terrible example to be showing to young and impressionable girls. I have a youngster, she's only 21 months, but if I knew as a young adult (17-22) she was into relationships like that I would be freaked out as a father.

Count me in on the dudes that are worried about their wives and daughters getting into this stuff.

Hell, I am have some (semi-shameful) guilty reading pleasures. I love Stephen King, I like my dark-romantic fantasy like C.S.Friedman's Coldfire trilogy. Black Sun Rising was astonishingly seductive. And good fantasy to boot; one of the heroes is unspeakably evil.

But if my daughter was learning about how to form relationships based advice upon a book (fictional or not)... the Twilight books wouldn't be on my list.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Interestingly, I have heard mention on news casts and web blogs (none that I can specifically remember, but it was months ago) that the relationship dynamic between the Twilight characters is terrible example to be showing to young and impressionable girls.

ummm ever see beauty and the beast.... dont worry girls if he is a brute ...you can fix him and make it all better.... feh.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
When you should have been dating girls? HELL YEAH! (and welcome to our club!) B-)

I played football and baseball and did art for the drama club and weirded out more serious jocks... as I was definitely a member of the smart nerdy types on top of it. Archetypes are way too limiting ;) but I was definitely too shy for dating till college... Dancing Dating and D&D all better during college years ;)

Remove ads