D&D General why do we not have an armourless half caster?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
honestly, I want to make an icon, something that takes those basic ideas into something that is just beyond the parts something more, damn I am going to have to learn to write at this point.
I will always give a thumbs-up to someone who decides to just build that which they want in D&D so they can have it, rather than just passively waiting for WotC to do it for them.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I mean with a new edition 2 years away...
They still won't get it. Because if WotC is going to introduce a whole new class to the base game, the Psion, Warlord, and arcane half-caster are probably all ahead of the unarmored half-caster for production.

Anyone who wants this class in the game produced by WotC probably needs a setting made that would have it as an important pillar of the setting design. Otherwise, there are other options on the docket coming first (if at all.)

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Honestly they just need to stop Monks being "Monks", make them a Martial Artist in general ...
I wish I could like this one 100 times. Yes please.

Don't even make Monk a Subclass, shuffle Monasticism to a Background where it belongs: let Clerics or Paladins be Monks, not just Martial Artists.
YES! A "monastic" background applied to a "martial" character makes them ... a martial monk.

This really hit me when I actually finally got a chance to play instead of DM and made myself a Fighter with an Acolyte background. He used to live in a monastery and fights - he's a martial monk, but not a Monk.

I will always give a thumbs-up to someone who decides to just build that which they want in D&D so they can have it, rather than just passively waiting for WotC to do it for them.
I could homebrew up a subclass to do exactly what I want - I probably will - but that doesn’t mean I’ll ever get to play it. I wouldn’t even say it’s likely I’ll ever get to play it. Many dm’s will assume I’m just trying to powergame or have a “no homebrew” policy.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
They still won't get it. Because if WotC is going to introduce a whole new class to the base game, the Psion, Warlord, and arcane half-caster are probably all ahead of the unarmored half-caster for production.

Anyone who wants this class in the game produced by WotC probably needs a setting made that would have it as an important pillar of the setting design. Otherwise, there are other options on the docket coming first (if at all.)
you assume it is not a compatible fusion with the arcane half caster anyway as they are still trying to make it less paladin and less ranger.

Remove ads