Yedan's Troubleshooters (Eberron)

ghostcat

First Post
I think you would be better off portraying your character as either trained by members of House Deneith, Aundairians who were upset by being turfed when they got too old, or Brelish agents experimenting with duplicating Aundairian training. Medani just does not quite make as much sense as people who would be interested in combat research.

Thanks for the tip. I did say I am not that familiar with Eberron, so any advice is welcome. I think I'll go with the disgruntled House Deneith members.

Kaodi

Hero
I do not suppose then that there is anyone else interested? What more do people feel like they need to see before they are willing to comit?

Damage Inc.

First Post
I'm still very much interested and the only reason I have yet to respond is I've had some trouble connecting to threads and no luck posting. You still need two more players before you should consider starting the actual game or character creation. Just be patient. I'm uncertain of what race/class I want to be and will decided soon. I want to read up on the deities and so forth before I commit to a class.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I would be interested as well if you're not full up yet. I'd be interested in playing a Cyran refugee from the New Cyre colony in eastern Breland. He'd be fixated on figuring out what caused the Day of Mourning.

I've got a lot of ideas to choose from, depending on what other people pick. I figure I'll go for some sort of melee character. A dwarf monk (with the Hungry Ghost alt. option) trying to cement the new peace from the Treaty of Thronehold or a human rogue that only uses saps because he is done with all the killing from the Last War.

One other option I was considering, but this one is more work to convert:

There is an eberron book called Magic of Eberron where there was a half-daelkyr race. They count as aberrations, have darkvision, and it has a symbiont that it has to keep contact with or they character starts to die until it can grow a new one. I was thinking that he was caught in the edges of the Mournland disaster which warped him. The symbiont is like a familiar. I was thinking the breed leech. It gives 5 extra temporary hit points every day. I considering fighter or barbarian for that one.

Last edited:

Damage Inc.

First Post
I'm thinking torn between an elven ranger (archer) or a human barbarian that only goes into rage mode when he misses several times in a row or gets hit several times in a row. The elves temperment would be casual but the barbarian would be a jackass, but towards NPC's he dosen't like and not the group.

Currently I'm leaning towards the elven ranger (archer).

jkason

First Post
I do love a good Pathfinder game. What do you think of the Menhir Savant Druid archetype? Was thinking a druid fascinated by the warping of the natural magic fields created during the war, hoping to one day find a way to repair them. Would probably go with a domain rather than an animal companion; leaning towards the Storms subdomain.

Kaodi

Hero
Eh... while I would technically allow Menhir Savant, I might appreciate it if you refrained. Being able to detect outsiders, fey and undead at will at 1st level, even if not unbalancing per se, might be too much of a wrench in the works of any plot involving deception and those types of creatures.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I slapped together two guys. They're not all done but the backgrounds and basic stuff is there. Take a look at the half-daelkyr fighter and tell me what you think. If you don't like it I'll work up that dwarf monk. Not sure which I like better yet. Kinda waiting to see what we need to fill out.

Rogue, Evret
[SBLOCK]
Code:
Character Name: Evret 
Class: Rogue
Race: Human
Size:  M
Alignment:  NG
Deity:  

Str: 16 +3 (05p.)     Level: 1        
Dex: 14 +2 (05p.)     BAB: +0         HP: 10 (1d8+2)
Con: 14 +2 (05p.)     CMB: +3    
Int: 13 +0 (03p.)     CMD: +14    
Wis: 10 +0 (00p.)     Speed: 30'      
Cha: 12 +0 (02p.)     Init: +2                 

Stat Increases by Level
4th - 
8th - 
12th - 
16th - 

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:              10    +3    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0    15
Touch: 12              Flatfooted: 13

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      0    +2    +0    +2
Ref:                       2    +2    +0    +4
Will:                      0    +0    +0    +0 

Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical
Sap                      +3     1d6+3       20x2
 Sneak Attack                   1d6+1d6 (Sap Adept Feat)
Sling                    +2     1d4+3       20x2

Languages: 
Common, 

Race Abilities: 
Race : Ability
Human : +2 to (Str) Ability
Human : +1 skill point per level

Class Abilities: 
Rogue : Sneak Attack : 1d6 vs flat footed opponents
Rogue : Trapfinding : 1/2 Level to perception and disable device for traps

Feats: 
Feat - Location - Description
Human 1 - Combat Expertise : -1 to attack rolls to add +1 dodge to AC
Level 1 - Sap Adept (UC book) : Additional 1d6 to sneak attack damage when using a sap. SA damage is non-lethal

Future Feats
Rogue 2nd - Combat Talent - Improved Feint
Level 3 - Weapon Focus (Sap)
Level 5 - Sap Master - Sap Sneak Attack does 6d6
Level 7 - 
Level 9 - 
Level 11 - 
Level 13 - 
Level 15 - 
Level 17 - 
Level 19 - 

Skill Points: 10        
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Acrobatics                  1    +2     +3   +6
Appraise                    0    +0     +0   +0
Bluff                       1    +1     +3   +5
Climb                       0    +0     +0   +0
Craft                       0    +0     +0   +0
Diplomacy                   1    +1     +3   +5
Disable Device              1    +2     +3   +6
Disguise                    0    +0     +0   +0
Escape Artist               1    +2     +3   +6
Fly                         0    +0     +0   +0
Handle Animal               0    +0     +0   +0
Heal                        0    +0     +0   +0
Intimidate                  1    +1     +3   +5
Knowledge (arcana)          0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (dungeoneering)   0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (engineering)     0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (geography)       0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (history)         0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (local)           0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (nature)          0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (nobility)        0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (planes)          0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (religion)        0    +0     +0   +0
Linguistics                 0    +0     +0   +0
Perception                  1    +0     +3   +4
Perform(Dance)              1    +1     +3   +5
Profession                  0    +0     +0   +0
Ride                        0    +0     +0   +0
Sense Motive                1    +0     +3   +4
Sleight of Hand             0    +0     +0   +0
Spellcraft                  0    +0     +0   +0
Stealth                     1    +2     +3   +6
Survival                    0    +0     +0   +0
Swim                        0    +0     +0   +0
Use Magic Device            0    +0     +0   +0

Equipment:               Cost  Weight
Bedroll                        1sp  1.25lb
Silk Rope                     10gp     5lb
Sunrod x3                      6gp     3lb
Black Explorers Outfit	       
Masterwork Studded Leather   175gp
Sap                            1gp
Sling

Total Weight:00.0lb      Money: 00gp 0sp 0cp

Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push
Max Weight:              00.00  00-00  00-00  000   000

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 150lb
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: White, Tanned

Description
The man standing still before you looks wholly unremarkable. His plain face and tosseled hair looks like it could belong to any commoner, farmer, or merchantman. When he moves however his entire deamoner changes. His movement can only be described as a prowl. Grace belies rippling strength beneath his sun and weather tanned skin. Once he might have dominated any encounter but ages unrelenting flow has worn on him. One day a younger, stronger man will bring him down. But not today.

Background
Evret was born 35 years ago in the midst of a bloody conflict. A son of Cyre, jewel of Galifers Crown, and home to the greatest and most advanced people of the known world. The war had been going on long before he was born and looked like it would continue long after his childrens children were born. Cyre lay at the center of the continent and as such it was constantly preyed upon from all sides. It should have been ripped apart like a fawn by a pack of wolves but the proud, strong people stood their ground against predations on all sides. They lost ground here and there, but they gained it back with blood and steel and grit. Evret was born a farmers son. He helped his family raise horses and work leather into shields, armor, saddles, and tack. The call came each year for the able bodied to come and fight for their country, their lives, and their freedom. When he was old enough he volunteered proudly. His father served before him, but lost a leg to the zealots of Thrane. His father before him was slain by an Aundairian raiding party. Evret knew he had an honored line to live up to and he would do his best.

His speed, strength, and agility made him an invaluable scout and spy for his people. He tracked patrols, supply lines, and army movements on every front. Death was a constant companion, though never his enemy. He bloodied his hands time and time again. A black knife in the dark. A bottle of poison in the ale. A signal to begin an attack. He did it all for his way of life.

That was all taken from him on what was to be known as the Day of Mourning. Some cataclysm, some kind of attack, some divine judgement, he never knew for sure what it was. He was near the border when the earth threw him to the ground and all around him the world shook. From the north east came a rolling tide of horror. A dead grey mist blown outward by a foul wind and carrying with it the damned cries of his countrymen. Scared witless he turned tail and fled. He ran for hours. Sometimes he saw people from other lands running as well. None of them paid him any mind. No one wanted any more killing that day.

For him, that was the last day of his life.

He fled over the border into Breland. There he waited with the other refugees, dejected and broken hearted at the thought of all he had lost. In the depths of his despair he saw a glint of hope. The Treaty of Thronehold was signed. The Last War was ended. It was the last war anyone would ever need to fight. He knew then that he would not bloody his hands again for war. However he made a second oath, along with every other man, woman, and child of Lost Cyre. He would find those responsible for the devastation of his home and kin. Then he would have blood one last time.
[/SBLOCK]

Fighter, Edgar
[SBLOCK]
Code:
Character Name: Edgar 
Class: Fighter
Race: Half-Daelkyr
Size:  M
Alignment: CN 
Deity:  

Str: 16 +3 (05p.)     Level: 1        
Dex: 15 +2 (07p.)     BAB: +1         HP: 12 (19) (1d10+2) (+5 Temporary, +2 Feat)
Con: 14 +2 (05p.)     CMB: +4    
Int: 10 +0 (00p.)     CMD: +16    
Wis: 13 +1 (03p.)     Speed: 30'      
Cha: 10 +0 (00p.)     Init: +2                 

Stat Increases by Level
4th - 
8th - 
12th - 
16th - 

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:              10    +4    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0    16
Touch: 12              Flatfooted: 14

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      2    +2    +1    +5
Ref:                       0    +2    +0    +2
Will:                      0    +1    +0    +1 

Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical
Two-Bladed Sword           +2/+2  1d8+3/1d8+1 19-20x2
Shortbow                    +3     1d6+0       20x3

Languages: 
Common 

Race Abilities: 
Race : Ability
Half-Daelkyr : Ability Bonus? (Going with +2 to str for now for human heritage)
Half-Daelkyr : Abberation Type
Half-Daelkyr : Darkvision 60'
Half-Daelkyr : Unbalanced Mind - Attempting to read a Half-Daelkyrs mind requires a DC11 will save or be dazed for 1 round.
Half-Daelkyr : Symbiont Mastery - +4 to will saves for personality conflicts with a symbiont. +2 hp per symbiont attached.
Half-Daelkyr : Symbiont Dependancy - Lose 1 con/day if not in contact with symbiont until a new one is grown in 2d4 days
Half-Daelkyr : Symbiont - Breed Leech - Provides 5 temporary hit points that are refreshed each day and +1 fortitude saves. Ego Score 4

Class Abilities: 
Fighter : 

Feats: 
Feat - Location - Description
Level 1 - Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Two Bladed Sword)
Class 1 - Two Weapon Fighting

Future Feats
Class 2 - Double Slice
Level 3 - Dodge
Class 4 - Mobility
Level 5 - Spring Attack
Class 6 - Vital Strike
Level 7 - Fleet
Class 8 - 
Level 9 - 
Class 10 - 
Level 11 - 
Class 12 - 
Level 13 - 
Class 14 - 
Level 15 - 
Class 16 - 
Level 17 - 
Class 18 - 
Level 19 - 
Class 20 - 

Skill Points: 02       
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Acrobatics                  0    +0     +0   +0
Appraise                    0    +0     +0   +0
Bluff                       0    +0     +0   +0
Climb                       1    +3     +3   +7
Craft                       0    +0     +0   +0
Diplomacy                   0    +0     +0   +0
Disable Device              0    +0     +0   +0
Disguise                    0    +0     +0   +0
Escape Artist               0    +0     +0   +0
Fly                         0    +0     +0   +0
Handle Animal               0    +0     +0   +0
Heal                        0    +0     +0   +0
Intimidate                  1    +0     +3   +4
Knowledge (arcana)          0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (dungeoneering)   0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (engineering)     0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (geography)       0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (history)         0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (local)           0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (nature)          0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (nobility)        0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (planes)          0    +0     +0   +0
Knowledge (religion)        0    +0     +0   +0
Linguistics                 0    +0     +0   +0
Perception                  0    +0     +0   +0
Perform                     0    +0     +0   +0
Profession                  0    +0     +0   +0
Ride                        0    +0     +0   +0
Sense Motive                0    +0     +0   +0
Sleight of Hand             0    +0     +0   +0
Spellcraft                  0    +0     +0   +0
Stealth                     0    +0     +0   +0
Survival                    0    +0     +0   +0
Swim                        0    +0     +0   +0
Use Magic Device            0    +0     +0   +0

Equipment:               Cost  Weight
Bedroll                        1sp  1.25lb
Silk Rope                     10gp     5lb
Sunrod x3                      6gp     3lb
Explorers Outfit
Two Bladed Sword             100gp
Chain Shirt                  100gp

Total Weight:00.0lb      Money: 00gp 0sp 0cp

Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push
Max Weight:              00.00  00-00  00-00  000   000

Height: 6'
Weight: 190lb
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Skin: Brown

Description
Something is not quite right about this man. His tall form hunches slightly at the shoulders. His limbs are overly long and limber. His fingers flex and bend just a little farther than normal. His eyes dart about as if checking every shadow for danger. Sometimes his lips move as if he talks to himself. When he moves, his hulking form lurches but somehow manages to avoid bumping into obstacles. Each flaw by themself might have gone unheeded but all together in one unfortunate person leads the mind to wonder what is wrong with him. He wears a heavy aundairian chain shirt over padding and a large leather skullcap with metal bands of karranthian make. His greaves look of elvish craft, possibly from valenar. Across his back he carries a long weapon with leather coverings for both ends. Its grip in the middle looks as if it were made for something with only three fingers but he still wields it with some skill.

Background
Edgar is an unfortunate man. He only ever wanted to serve his country. Cyre was his home, and his fathers home, and so on back through the generations. When his time came he signed up immediately and with eager anticipation. However his first combat patrol was routed leaving most of his companions dead. He gathered what supplies from the field that he could and he limped his way back to the nearest staging point. Once more he was sent out. Again his unit was decimated. Each time he would fight his way back to his own people, replacing whatever bits of armor or weapons that he had lost with what he could scavenge from the battlefield. He was considered bad luck, an ill omen. No one wanted him in their squad. He was left guarding supply trains or standing watch on depots.

On the Day of Mourning when the sky was rent assunder and the earth groaned in agony, he knew it would be his end. There was no where to run when all the world seemed to be turning itself inside out. He ran anyway, as fast and far as his legs could carry him. He was nearing the border to Breland when he tripped and went down in a foul smelling swamp. When he regained his senses and struggled to rise he found he was caught in the bog. Behind him rose the miles-high killing grey mist blown along by the dying cries of all life. He covered his head and hunkered low in the filthy swamp.

He doesn't recall anything after that. He only knew that when he stumbled his way out of the grey mist he wasn't alone. Something came with him. He could feel it stuck between his shoulder blades just out of reach. At night he dreamed of madness. Colossal sky worms burrowing through clouds of tin. Blood rain that falls upward from the living. Voices from everything he touched. His mad wanderings carried him away from the borders of the shattered country and into Breland. His body was warped and in his mind he felt another presence. An unwelcome one. He does his best to hide his conditions from his fellow refugees but one day he will be unable to hide his condition any longer. When that day comes where will he find succor at? What home will take in a monster like him? How many zealots will hunt him down and burn his taint from the land? Fear drives him forward now, the fear of discovery and the fear of the future.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads