Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
Hadn't you seen the cards? I assumed you had a deck. Either way, let me know if you need another spread during the adventure, detail which cards and I'll post it up for everyone's benefit. I'm a very visual person, so I love seeing what things look like when I play.

Ambrus

Explorer
Yeah. I hadn't exactly expected a ruff wearing unicycle riding bear either.:confused:

But what do you expect? The cards were drawn by Kyle Hunter of Downer fame.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Hadn't you seen the cards? I assumed you had a deck. Either way, let me know if you need another spread during the adventure, detail which cards and I'll post it up for everyone's benefit. I'm a very visual person, so I love seeing what things look like when I play.

No, I toyed with the idea of getting one, but I'm saving money at the moment and couldn't quite justify the expense.

I'm sure another Harrow reading will come up at some point. There's a neat little thematic mechanic running through this AP with them. Particularly cunning is the way that they've given the cards meanings that will almost certainly have *some* form of resonance in the adventures ahead :)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I just learned Taro this weekend and it's fascinating. I appreciate you taking the time to post that, Ambrus. Thanks, it was very awesome!

Ambrus

Explorer
I've always loved Tarot cards (and runestones); I own a handful of sets. I don't put a whole lot of credence in them though. I mostly like their mystique and evocative imagery. I own a set of the old dragon magazine's Deck of Many Things and am also a big fan of Paizo's item cards – so much so that I've bought them all and have been supplementing them with new cards that I design myself based on the items that figure in my current home campaign.

As for divinatory cards in-game I've tried incorporating a similar theme in a previous campaign: the Drabani deck. It was used commonly by a group of gypsy-esque halflings and detailed, in a figurative way, most of the major NPCs and plot points of the campaign. Although the PCs acquired a Drabani deck, they never really bothered looking through the cards so as to recognize its themes or the clues it might have provided them about what was to come. In fact, shortly after acquiring the deck, one of the players burnt it after waking up from a frustrating dream in which the cards figured prominently.:erm:

Ambrus

Explorer
Dr Simon, did Dj'hân succeed in opening the door to Yargin's bedroom?

Neurotic, I think you're mistaken in your last post; the office that Edmond entered isn't the same one that Thorson and Dj'hân are in. And, if I'm not mistaken, all the doors are closed so it's problematic for Edmond to be addressing Dj'hân just yet; that is unless he opens the door leading to our room.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond

Edmond entered the fishery and has full round movement. If I read the map correctly he'd be near office door few seconds after breaking the door and thus, would be able to survey the situation.

Ambrus

Explorer
Yes, but I believe that door, like all other doors are closed. It's true that Edmon could move and open the office door as a full round action; that is if it isn't locked or barred.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases