Ali Larter (Niki Sanders)
Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet)
Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura)
Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh)
James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi)
Dania Ramirez (Maya Herrera)
Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet)
Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)

Recurring Role:Randall Bentley (Lyle Bennet)
Ashley Crow (Sandra Bennet)
Ronald Guttman (TBA)
Jimmy Jean-Louis (The Haitian)
Jessalyn Gilsig (Meredith Gordon)
Adair Tishler (Molly Walker)
Brea Grant (Daphne Millbrook)
David Anders (Adam Monroe)
Malcolm McDowell (Daniel Linderman)

Guest Star:Thomas Robinson (TBA)
Jamie Hector (Benjamin "Knox" Washington)

Peter adapts a dangerous ability in order to save the world, HRG gets rid of his partner, and Hiro and Ando want to find out who hired Daphne.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I am not as looking forward to this episodeas usual since Mr. Super-Stupidity is being featured tonight. Other than that I do wonder what they will bring us next.

rowport

First Post
ROCK ON! That was *GREAT*!

I did not even mind the Mohinder/Maya parts tonight-- she was reduced to eye candy, which the actress is very good at, so no more lousy acting. Mohinder moves into "The Fly" of course, but no surprises there.

BUT!

I did not see the rest coming *at all*. Nice to see there are still some surprises left in the show, even as it redoes some plot points. I will leave this post spoiler-free. But, check it out at NBC.com if you missed it-- worth watching.

Steel_Wind

Legend
There were elements to this episode that were interesting sure, but ... in order to get there (or perhaps, just along the way) the writers seem to feel the need to break with established convention or require us to accept stupid things happening in order to reach the destination. There is a phrase for that in serial dramas. It's a technical term of art called bad writing.

I'm talking about:
  • how does FP die from two bullets to the chest? (I saw nothing in his head - not that there is any good reason to believe that would even work, but...still);
  • why does Future Gabriel stand by and do nothing while his son is killed? Sure, I get the hunger and guilt and fighting the internal demons thing - but his son was in plain and obvious danger; and
  • how does Future Claire go to Costa Verde, threaten - and actually kill her 3.5 yr old cousin, have Future Gabriel go nuclear over that - and then rationally - or even irrationally - blame Present Peter for that result?

There were a few others - but that will do for now.

When the writers on Heroes require us to jump through hoops to arrive at these results - they are just doing it WRONG.

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
I enjoyed the Gabriel bits a bit this time around so that surprises me.

The rest?

"He's going to meet Sylar! Let's not take the Haitian! After all, what's the worst that could happen?"

rowport

First Post
I enjoyed the Gabriel bits a bit this time around so that surprises me.

The rest?

"He's going to meet Sylar! Let's not take the Haitian! After all, what's the worst that could happen?"
Hey, Joe! Your point about the power-sucking Haitian is a good one; in fact, I found myself puzzled whether he was or was not always affecting the Heroes (like when he left the room leaving The Pres with Peter). Umm. Good move there...

And sure, there are plot holes galore in the series. But, I find the characters entertaining so can mostly go with the flow. (Except Maya. Wow, what a useless character.). I even liked Molly coming back as a background supporting "NPC.". The Peter and Future Gabriel interaction was perfect.

I do hope that Sylar is not "redeemed" in our time, though-- the dude is a mass murderer, and I am not OK with blaming that on his power's "hunger" as an excuse!

rowport

First Post
There were elements to this episode that were interesting sure, but ... in order to get there (or perhaps, just along the way) the writers seem to feel the need to break with established convention or require us to accept stupid things happening in order to reach the destination. There is a phrase for that in serial dramas. It's a technical term of art called bad writing.

I'm talking about:
  • how does FP die from two bullets to the chest? (I saw nothing in his head - not that there is any good reason to believe that would even work, but...still);
  • why does Future Gabriel stand by and do nothing while his son is killed? Sure, I get the hunger and guilt and fighting the internal demons thing - but his son was in plain and obvious danger; and
  • how does Future Claire go to Costa Verde, threaten - and actually kill her 3.5 yr old cousin, have Future Gabriel go nuclear over that - and then rationally - or even irrationally - blame Present Peter for that result?

When the writers on Heroes require us to jump through hoops to arrive at these results - they are just doing it WRONG.
Hey, SteelWind! I generally agree with your point, although I am more interested in the characterization than the silly plot. FWIW, I thought Gabriel's hesitation to act causing the "chain reaction" (heh-- watch the show...) was *good* writing, in highlighting the irony of his not wanting to use his powers leading to that. Who is a Hero? Who is a Villain? I find those questions interesting even if there are some transparent plot gyrations to get there. I find this Peter to be much more fun to watch! I do miss the Ando and Hiro teammanship, though.

DonTadow

First Post
A lot better than the previous episode and I a confident in the writers again. A lot of my questions from last episode was answered in this one and i'm sure that "why was the hatian not there " will be answered, which was the only glaring question.

As far as fp dying with two bullets to teh chest? I a not sure if you ever been shot before but most shots to the chest are fatal. The head is too difficult of a target and knocking out major organs works just as fine as one to the brain.

I have no idea how clair got out but again, i'm b
etting that will be explained as well. Remember its the future, and its apparent (sylar understanding a power with opening them up) that everyone has level 20 powers. Clair seemed to be the only one that escaped and peter, the only people who can prevent damage. My bet is that sylar is not dead either in the future.

Also Steel, remember that we don't know what present peter did to cause this ire. As far as she's concerned he's as much a terrorist as the future terrorist. Its obvious that something snapped in clair to make her hate peter.

Darkwolf71

First Post
As far as fp dying with two bullets to teh chest? I a not sure if you ever been shot before but most shots to the chest are fatal. The head is too difficult of a target and knocking out major organs works just as fine as one to the brain.
:confused:

I have no idea how clair got out but again, i'm b
etting that will be explained as well. Remember its the future, and its apparent (sylar understanding a power with opening them up) that everyone has level 20 powers. Clair seemed to be the only one that escaped and peter, the only people who can prevent damage. My bet is that sylar is not dead either in the future.
It's obvious that you know Peter has Claire's regen abilities, yet you don't understand why two to the chest should not have killed Future Peter? :hmm: (Oh, and Sylar has it as well...)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, though I did have most of those quibbles. At least I can think of the answer to the first two:
- The Hatian was there stopping FP's power, so he dies like anyone else.
- Gabe was telling Noah II to get out. Apparently too afraid of himself to do anything directly. To be fair, it was the thrown table that did the killing (nothing yet had hit him).

Of course, my big beef with that scene was, once again, the lack of use of stopping time. Guess Pete still doesn't have it under control... :erm:

The show has good ideas, but the execution could be better. Course, I've said that about a lot of shows.

Remove ads