Fall Ceramic Dm™ - Winner!

Hellefire

First Post
hey guys!

How is everyone? Just wanted to sayhi and let you know I'm back. Things got aboslutely crazy in life. I hate having to miss a CDM, but life is like that sometimes. Good luck, and I'll try to login and give some sideline comments when I can.

Aaron

mythago

Hero
Round One, Set Four

Ketjak vs. spacemonkey vs. MarauderX

Attachments

• matches.jpg
    matches.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 137
  • takeoff.jpg
    takeoff.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 136
  • tophat.jpg
    tophat.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 134
  • vintage.jpg
    vintage.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
Since the minor biographical inaccuracies in this piece bother me, here is the annotated guide to what's fictional, just for the record:

---------
1. The timeline of the thoughts/events/activities depicted has been compressed. This probably didn’t all happen in two days.

2. The 17th floor studio wasn’t actually in Roxbury—it was in South End, at the very edge of Roxbury. I didn’t want readers to get confused between “South End” and “Southie”—completely different neighborhoods. And I didn’t actually reside in the 17th floor studio. I had my own apartment in Fenway. But I did leave for work from there on more than one occasion. :)

3. My fiance never pulled the New Year’s Eve shift because he was always able to swap it out for Christmas, us being Jewish and all. But there were plenty of times that were like this, and the isolation seemed important to the narrative.

4. There was no rat in the pet store. It was all birds. But I didn’t have a picture of a parrot to work with. My fixation with rats grew entirely out of Piratecat's game, but it seemed too much of a distraction to go there.

5. We didn’t attend a Bharat Natyam performance. It was capoeira. But I didn’t have a picture of that, either.

All things considered, I thought the changes to reality were minor. But just for accuracy, I wanted to make note of them.
------------

Last edited:

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
Sialia, I loved the story, but either the link you posted is broken, or I'm not smart enough to make it work (which would bode ill for me in the competition...) I want to know the minor biographical inaccuracies...

yangnome

First Post
maxfieldjadenfox said:
Sialia, I loved the story, but either the link you posted is broken, or I'm not smart enough to make it work (which would bode ill for me in the competition...) I want to know the minor biographical inaccuracies...
click on the page after her last statement and drag down to the end of her post. She posted in black to hide teh text from the judges.

As an aside, I went into work and got a copy of my full story. I've also received some new inspiration that I can include in one of the scenes toward the end of the story. I should post late tonight once I get my family to bed, or very early in the morning tomorrow.

Sialia

First Post
Yay yangnome! I'm glad we are going to get to see the whole story. I'm really looking forward to it.

(And thanks for explaining about the spoilered text--I should have specified.)

And thank you to Funeris and maxfieldjadenfox for the kind words -- I'd forgotten just how hard it is to wait for the judging to find out what people think.

Note regarding the what's true/what's not post: it's compeltely irrelevant. I just needed to get it off my chest.

TheGM

First Post
I deeply apologize. Something came up and I haven't even been out here in about a week.

I will have to withdraw. I'm sorry for not notifying anyone.

Don.

BSF

Explorer
Reading through stories, trying to process judging thoughts. You all aren't impatient are you? :D

Of course you are! It's the agony of being a contestant and getting through your round. Then the waiting begins. Everyone always talks about how hard the writing is to do. But it is rare to mention how difficult the waiting is afterward.

OK, a little more seriously - I am working on my judgement. Hang tight folks. Let's get a little more spectator commentary. Even competitor commentary would be good.

Remove ads