• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes# 12: Our Father/Dec 2008

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
2700236359_9cdc845618.jpg

Our Father

Writers:Adam ArmusKay Foster

Stars:Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli)
Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
Zachary Quinto (Gabriel Gray/Sylar)
Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh)
Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennett)
Jack Coleman (HRG/Noah Bennett)
James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi)
Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman)
Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli)
Ali Larter (Tracy Strauss)

Recurring Role:Robert Forster (Arthur Petrelli)
Jimmy Jean-Louis (The Haitian)
George Takei (Kaito Nakamura)
Jessalyn Gilsig (Meredith Gordon)
Blake Shields (Flint)
Brea Grant (Daphne Millbrook)
Kristen Bell (Elle Bishop)
Ashley Crow (Sandra Bennett)
Jamie Hector (Benjamin 'Knox' Washington)

Guest Star:Seth Green (Sam)
Tamlyn Tomita (Ishi Nakamura)
Chad Faust (Scott)
Breckin Meyer (Frack)
Hiro and Claire unite in their bid to stop Arthur by traveling back in time. Peter and the Haitian must face Sylar in order to get to Arthur

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer

It's alright.... just be greatful that this season is nearly over, which prevents them from having yet another time traveling episode. However, why they don't just time travel back to Aurther Patrelli's conception date and slip in some Birth Control pills in his mom's drink is beyond me.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Live Comentary:

[sblock]

9:00: Save the bike messenger, save the world. Save the Emo, save the world.

9:01: At least no retcon between episodes. Come on Claire, I know your smarter than that.

9:02: Hopefully Masi Oki will get along better with the new writers next season.

9:03: Why are they speaking English. Oh, I get it, so Hiro won't understand.

9:05: How convienient, Hiro's mom has Linderman's power.

9:06: How convienient, Sylar's deserted Island has cell towers.

9:07: Yea, they actually killed someone.

9:08: Comercials and a thought. With Elle dead there is some hope for this episode.

9:09: Comercials and another thought. Go away tumor, go away. Maybe they can still get the tumor that is the writers and the show can be healthy again.

9:11: Arthur is too powerfull, but Peter wasn't?

9:12: Thats right Peter kill Daddy.

9:12: How convienient, Tracy is always on the same side as Nathan. Tracy needs to die as well, she doesn't really serve a purpose.

9:14: As long as it doesm't become Tracy Patrelli.

9:14: 100 Men does not an army make unless you are working the same angle as the Haitian's brother and want to rule a village.

9:16: Good thing the Haitian wiped large chunks of Claire's Mom over the years.

9:17: Great, now you can't lie to Sylar. Boo.

9:19: At least Sylar is back to normal.

9:20: Comercials and a thought. What is Claire's plan?

9:22: Comercials and another thought. I think I am coming down with something. This sucks.

9:23: Just what we need, 100 bug soldiers. Not.

9:24: Save the messenger, save the world. At least Matt and company are back.

9:25: Matt's power is cooler with sound effects.

9:26: At least Nemesis is thinking.

9:27: Poor Masi Oki.

9:28: I didn't know Noah had that much of a wind wipe as well.

9:29: Just what is Claire's plan? Thats right she is the one who took an unstable energy projector on a plane.

9:30: Comercials and another thought. Yes, I do seem to be coming down with something. Boo.

9:31: Comercials and another thought. Save Keanu, Save the World.

9:33: Is Claire planning on staying in the past for 17 years?

9:34: Oh, I get it, Claire needs to save Claire from future daddy issues?

9:35: 16 eggs and and pound of flour to make four waffles?

9:36 Now just give Hiro the light so we can go back to the future.

9:37: At least Linderman didn't have to kiss people to heal people.

9:38: So I guess its now Save Hiro, save the world.

9:41: Comercials and a thought. So how much will the world change become of this. If they go back will there be two Claires because we are in another timeline? Will both Hiro and Claire Prime both be catalysts now in the new future?

9:42: Local news trailer: Indiana now officially wants people to not smile for thier driver license photo.

9:45: If Claire is not the catalyst what did Sylar see that was different in her brain. Bad Writers, Bad. Way to mess up time travel stories.

9:47: I thought Sylar got Lie Detection, not mind reading?

9:48: Or Hiro and Claire are now stuck in an alternate future like Peter's Irish Girlfriend.

9:49: Theve really made things screwy now.

9:50: Except Arthur is in another timeline.

9:51: Bad Writers, Bad!!!!!!!!

9:52: Comercials and a thought: I can't believe how much they are going to have to use Dues ex Machina next episode to fix things. And the episode started so well too.

9:55: I'm really not looking forward to these last few minutes.

9:56: There will be a fakeout and between episodes retcon still coming, I am sure.

9:57: Just Shoot. The writers so hate us.

9:58: So the haitian can only stop one person at a time now, how convienient.

9:58: And that is the fakeout. Arthur will be back next episode.

9:59: And this is the retcon that will happen.

10:00: Preview: Doesn't really matter.

[/sblock]
This episode started a 7 but ended as a 3. At least next week the pain will end.

Edit: Edited Live

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
See, I thought this was almost a perfect episode.

I'm glad Kyle Baldwin got a better power this time around. :)

I liked Sylar's return to a) serial killer, and b) dark humor. However, what I also liked was they didn't completely negate his growth this season, especially in regards to Peter.

Peter is, of course, still the moral compass by which the others are judged. However, I like that he had the guts to fire... albeit a little too late.

This was, for me, the perfect use of time travel, with regards to telling Hiro and Claire's stories. I thought both were interesting and poignant, and completely believable from the point of Hiro's Mother and HRG. Both are immersed in worlds where the impossible is possible... so they both accept Hiro/Claire immediately.

Then... they crapped all over that, with Arthur. Ugh, I almost turned off the TV when that scene on the rooftop happened. Way to make the whole time travel thing utterly pointless. Hell, my friend, who likes the show but isn't a fan (and didn't know the Haitian could disable people like that) immediately said to me, "Why didn't Arthur do that in the first place?" Even he was upset. This is why the numbers are down... it's not just the hardcore fans complaining, it's the general audience.

Of course, that bullet was not to the back of the head. Hopefully Sylar got it right.

[EDIT]Matt/Daphne/Ando was cool... I believe Matt is the only one besides Future Peter to have experienced all three modes of Enhanced Travel (Speed, Flight, Teleport). I liked his line about teleporting.

Also, I can chalk it up to being excited, but Ando should know he doesn't get Time Travel, he gets Red Lightning. Small continuity thing there. I was hoping he stopped and came back because he remembered Hiro's warning from the beginning of the season.

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
This episode reminded me of the recent NBA trade by Detroit of giving away Chauncy Billups for Allen Iverson, right now it was pretty average, maybe even slightly below average, but in the future it couldn't have made me more happy (other than destroying half the heroes in a comet)

Don't get me wrong, this was a very convulted episode. Filled with the various inconsistencies (particularrly with time travel) that has made the show incredibly stupid recently. How does that scene go when sylar is taking from clair healing if claire is not special. We've never seen Hrg have a hint of recognition of Claire. How in all the seconds of time does Papa Petrelli find the exact moment Claire and Hiro are at.. or for that matter know that they are back in time? How does he have such a grasp of the power that he is able to send people through time and space without traveling there himself.

Then there is the nerfing the Hatian. We've allways seen his power as a blanket ability. As a matter of fact we've seen him plenty of tim4e including several this season not even know heros are around and nerf their powers. But for some reason, this time, he has to concentrate (despite having nerfed heros powers whom had just as many (peter, sylar). ) Then to kick us further in the balls sylar comes in using his powers like ..hatian... what hatian. And, sylar does not even go after the hatian's power (considering how he has some type of mastery over it). I a glad to see sylar back to being a serial kiler of mutants, but goodness, now he's killing regular old folk, despite (before this seasons many transformations) declaring that the hunger only compulses him to take the power, not kill randomly for no reason.
I don't even want to mention how silly it is that speedster can travel with two people and not break their molecules apart.

HOwever, all this said, this sets up the next season without time travel and without the hatian's blanket power. That I can live ith

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
All I have to say is this:

[sblock=Sad Truth About Heroes...]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpraJYnbVtE]We all know it has all ready happened.[/ame]

I can't wait until 24 begins!
[/sblock]

The agony. They are so cruel. They keep me coming back with just the faintest glimmer of hope by providing in each episode something that doesn't totally suck but it never gets better. Please just cancel this show so I can stop watching in agonizing hope...

At least Lost comes back Jan 21, and I still have Life and Eli Stone.

Darth Shoju

First Post
I'm pretty much in line with most people here. I thought it was a better episode overall, with Sylar's and Hiro's story lines standing out as the strongest to me. However, the Pa Petrelli moment was really frustrating, particularly when he says to Hiro "Now I will have all your powers..." (or something like that). Didn't he already have his powers? How else would he have gone back in time if he didn't?

Also, is it just me, or was anyone else getting a Captain America vibe from that test they did on the soldier? Of course, based on his personality, he may be more like US Agent than Cap.

Remove ads