• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes: (Volume Three: Villains) The Second Coming--Season Premiere

Crothian

First Post
Can we start with Mohinder and Maya. Please Please.

Next would be Sylar and Peter.

Anyway. I agree the cast is too large.

There is no character that I think the show really needs. There are characters the show thinks it needs like Peter and Hiro and Sylar since it focuses on them. But I have no favorite character which is a real shame and would have no issues with half the characters just stupidly dying in between episodes.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It was okay. The stupidest part was them claiming those other escaped villians were worse then Sylar. Most of the characters though have become blah. There is a story being told and the writers don't seem to care if they have characters do dumb things so long as whatever their story becomes is not effected. That, and the cast is way to big they need to thin the heard.

I think they are "worse" then Syler because unlike Sylar they kill indiscriminately where as Slyar only kills to steal powers and escape capture.

I also agree that they need to thin out the characters and I think it's bad when many people agree on which ones should get the axe. Sadly, since the writers seem to like the concept of deus ex machina and macgruffins I just wonder who will be around to save Heroes's world's future from the Nothing if Peter and Sylar was edited out of the story..

Last edited:

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Loved it. Sylar, Elle, and Noah continue to be my favorites. Be interesting to see this year who steps up to do the right thing and who takes an easier path.

Oh, and "What? That's disgusting."
I still hate Sylar, although that was the best line in the two episodes. (Of course he also had the stupidest line about only using 10-20% of the brain's capacity. As someone else said, that well debunked myth needs to be shot in the head. Repeatedly. And the body buried at sea. Wrapped in a few tons of cement.)

Mohindar is my second least favorite. Peter has enough things going on that I don't hate him, but he could easily become another Sylar. And now that Elle's manipulating bastich of a dad is gone she could become one of my favorites.

Thanks to hints in the TV Guide the 'big reveal' regarding Mrs. P. came as no surprise to me. And the prevelence of product placement in shows these days had me wondering if the "You're in good hands" line was there because it belonged or because All State paid for it? (Still a ggod line. But that thought, which popped immediately to mind, lessened it.)

And characters who ought to know better acting like idiots all the time. But a whole lot better than the last season, so I'll stick around for a while, which I hadn't expected to. And nice to see Ali playing a non-nurotic character. So far. (But yeah, how did she get to be such a trusted advisor so quickly? Unless it really isn't Nikki/Jessica. After all, its said that everyone has a twin somewhere. And I didn't see her as an 'ice queen' either, except with regards to her powers.)

One last complaint: Doesn't anyone ever stay dead in this show? I hate it in the comics and I hate it here even more.

Staffan

Legend
I think Nikki/Jessica/Tracy is/are the same person.
Unless there's time travel going on with her, that's not possible. We first see her coming out of Governor Sheridan's bathroom as Sheridan sees the news about Nathan's miraculous recovery. That's approximately one day after the end of season 2. You don't get to show up and become the governor's aide and mistress in less than 24 hours.

She could be Niki's and Jessica's triplet or something, separated at birth. That's the most reasonably-sounding explanation, as far as I'm concerned.

Felon

First Post
There is no character that I think the show really needs. There are characters the show thinks it needs like Peter and Hiro and Sylar since it focuses on them. But I have no favorite character which is a real shame and would have no issues with half the characters just stupidly dying in between episodes.
I happen to agree. Everyone's either outrageously powerful or fairly useless. And nobody's terribly smart or organized; Noah Bennet is pretty much as good as it gets.

And how many immortal/regeneration/healer guys do we have running around now? Can anybody be killed anymore?

Speaking of being killed, do you guys think that was Mojinder tearing off Claire's head in the future vision?

LightPhoenix

First Post
I don't tihnk Nathan's mind got fractured at all. I think Nathan started seeing Linderman right when Future Peter showed up - and put it in his head as a means to control his brother and ensure he does not go off script.

It's Parkman's talent going on here; not a Nikki / Jessica fracture.

I disagree with the analysis, but thinking back I think you're on to something.
Who were the four in Angela's dream? Niki/Jessica/Tracy, Adam, Knox?, and Maury. My bet is it's Maury, especially given that he's seen Nathan before, and is manipulative. Why else show him in the dream?

I was pretty sure they had. It was brief and on one of the pages describing them all, but the villian had something to do with sound.

I missed that, and thought that character was someone else. Good catch. I only noticed him in the scene with HRG and Claire, going through the profiles... he mentions the flamethrower, the german (magnetism), and Knox (fear to strength), and says of the fourth, who Peter is trapped in, "you're better off not knowing."

Staffan

Legend
And how many immortal/regeneration/healer guys do we have running around now? Can anybody be killed anymore?
Four regenerators: Sylar, Peter, Adam, and Claire. Sylar and Peter should have the same type of regeneration Claire does, while it's not certain Adam's works the same way.

We've only seen one actual healer on the show as far as I can tell: Linderman. And he's dead, Nathan's delusions notwithstanding.

Speaking of being killed, do you guys think that was Mojinder tearing off Claire's head in the future vision?
No. In Angela's vision, we got a good look at the people who were killing our Heroes off: Adam, Niki/Jessica/Tracy, Maury Parkman, and Knox. Knox is the guy who tears off Claire's head, and he's one of the escapees from level 5. His power is super-strength, boosted by people's fear.

Remove ads