Heroes: (Volume Three: Villains) The Second Coming--Season Premiere

Felon

First Post
But time after time on these forums, you continue to vent about Sylar as if the reality of the shows fans was something other than what it is.

Look: Zach Quinto has become one of the three principal stars of the show. That may not sit well with you - but it happens to be true. Thinking they are going to somehow make him less of an emphasis when he is so damned popular isn't just misplaced hopes - it's downright delusional.

You don't have to like it; but complaining about it as if your complaint had a reasonable prospect of being satisfied is becoming a little trollish.
Can't speak for anyone other than myself, but the hordes of Zach Quinto fans aren't amassing outside my window, so I don't presume to know what the majority of Heroes fans think of Sylar. You seem to assume everyone is equally in tune with this knowledge of the character's popularity that you claim as factual without citing sources.

Personally, I think the character's serial killer element is played out, and the character needs to do more than show up out of the blue, be all creepy, and open up people's heads. And of course, since he's a villain, there's a natural desire to want to see him answer for his crimes. Maybe they'll pull a Barnabus Collins with him, who knows? But right now, plant me firmly in the "Sylar oughta go" camp. Pardon me if that's somehow trollish.

IMHO, Heroes has a lot of folks complaining about it rather than tuning out completely because they like the premise, they see some seeds of coolness here and there, but on the whole the show lacks cohesiveness. King and his team seem to prefer throwing out lots of ominous foreshadowing through magic paintings, dream sequences, and disjointed trips to the future over actually telling the story they're foreshadowing.

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
I disagree with the analysis, but thinking back I think you're on to something.
Who were the four in Angela's dream? Niki/Jessica/Tracy, Adam, Knox?, and Maury. My bet is it's Maury, especially given that he's seen Nathan before, and is manipulative. Why else show him in the dream?
I was thinking of him as well, although I think Linderman's alive, and Maury uses his power to conceal his appearance to others. Nathan did magically come back to life somehow. Maybe Adam showed up and gave him some magic blood. Again, the fact that Peter didn't use his magic blood makes little sense, and once characters have stopped behaving rationally, then trying to figure out rational explanations for things that happen is futile.

Staffan

Legend
Again, the fact that Peter didn't use his magic blood makes little sense,
Do we know if Peter's blood retains its healing properties after it has left his body? My impression of Peter's abilities are that he has to actively think about using abilities (with the possible exception of regeneration), which could very well mean that the blood can't heal anyone else the way Adam's and Claire's can.

Though it's a bit odd that he hasn't even tried.

drothgery

First Post
What bothers me is that anyone would even try to manipulate Sylar at this point. Anyone with the slightest bit of experience with him knows he needs to be put down. Heck, I don't see why the other 'worse than Sylar' guys are alive, either.

What bothers me is that anyone would even try to manipulate Sylar at this point. Anyone with the slightest bit of experience with him knows he needs to be put down. Heck, I don't see why the other 'worse than Sylar' guys are alive, either.

Didn't Ma Patrelli tell Sylar that she was his mother. Now maybe she meant that figuretively, as in she was responsible for the experiments that gave everyone her powers. But there is a chance that she was literal and actually gave birth to him and placed him with his "family" for some reason or another. That could be why she thinks she can manipulate him.

drothgery

First Post
Didn't Ma Patrelli tell Sylar that she was his mother. Now maybe she meant that figuretively, as in she was responsible for the experiments that gave everyone her powers. But there is a chance that she was literal and actually gave birth to him and placed him with his "family" for some reason or another. That could be why she thinks she can manipulate him.

Consider what he did to the woman who raised him (at the very least).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I was thinking of him as well, although I think Linderman's alive, and Maury uses his power to conceal his appearance to others. Nathan did magically come back to life somehow. Maybe Adam showed up and gave him some magic blood. Again, the fact that Peter didn't use his magic blood makes little sense, and once characters have stopped behaving rationally, then trying to figure out rational explanations for things that happen is futile.

Maybe future Peter did use his magic blood and has put Nathan on this new path to distract, inclusive of the Lindemann delusions in case he needs to be discredited for shooting his mouth off again about superpowers. I wonder if Peter also disabled Nathan's power to keep him from proving anything to anyone. I'll bet this tack goes on for a bit, then Nathan spills the beans and tries to proove it only to be locked up as a nutcase, complete with any number of nurses having witnessed his hallucinations.

Brown Jenkin

First Post

I think she is just a controlling biotch. She called him Gabriel even after he told her to call him Sylar. I think she knows his past and that he always wanted the approval of his real mother. Real mom got killed because she didn't support him. Ma Patrelli knows how to push peoples buttons and I think she is doing that right now. Her goal is to make herself Sylar's new mother figure. Of course it will probably come back to bite her, maybe even right in the brain :).

DonTadow

First Post
It was okay. The stupidest part was them claiming those other escaped villians were worse then Sylar. Most of the characters though have become blah. There is a story being told and the writers don't seem to care if they have characters do dumb things so long as whatever their story becomes is not effected. That, and the cast is way to big they need to thin the heard.
I'd have to agree that all of those characters are worse than sylar. To take a d&d reference, they are all choatic evil, no whim as to what they do or who they hurt. Sylar, as proven the episode, is laweful evil, if he does not have to kill he won't. He has a greater purpose. From a who is more eivl point of view, I"d say sylar becahse he has a plan. But who is more dangerious, the evil people who don't have a plan.

We haven't seen what they can do, but torching an old lady for her car and laughing at her body. That's horrible. I can't wait to see Mario's fear power can do.

DonTadow

First Post
Not even close. I complain about the show, too. IT has flaws and it is fine to have people in a discussion thread to discuss those flaws and what they don't like about the show.

I think the worst thing the show did to Sylar was show his face and give his backstory. He was cool as the killer of heroes and before he was understood. The show does do characters well which is a shame.
I too was saying to myself yesterday that the show's worse features are the time traveling (which still makes Dr. Who the only show to do it right) and the large amount of characters. I need to see some real death. The cast seriously needs to be curtailed. I have no problem connecting the storylines, nor having favorite characters but i need to spend more time with a certain set, even if its not my favorite. I"d be happy if everyone not on this episode is nothing more than a reoccuring character. They need to take some lessons from soap operas. Only have a handful of main characters and a bunch of reoccuring ones.

As for time travel, its bad but not unfixable. They need to establish some rules. what happens to old time lines. How many realities are there out there. When the future is changed does any future travelers in the past cease to exist.

BTW, what if peter's girlfriend is the darkness. The thing that should exist but doesn't. I'm just throwing that out there because i know she'll be back.

NOt sure if this was mentioned earlier but remember, we're seeing young (character level) heroes. I've said since season 1 that nathan's power is simply not flight, no more than parkman's was mind reading. Nathan has the power of an angel, and flight is the simplist of the powers, simliar to linderman.

Sylar is a complicated villian, which i liked. i think it would have been lame to have him as the nameless killer who keeps showing up and killing people. I think we'll see another change in sylar now. Another evolution of his character. he honestly has the best power, will he realize that he has won.

Remove ads