Heroes: (Volume Three: Villains) The Second Coming--Season Premiere

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Suresh is not stupid. He's a 18 or 19 Int; he just happens to have a "7" wisdom... :D

My wife actually hit on it yesterday. Suresh isn't actually particularly smart. He actually already has a power - "Biology Superscience". basically, he doesn't know jack about real biology or medicine (which is why every word out of his mouth on the subject of biology or medicine makes real biologists cringe) - he just has the superpower to manipulate biological systems.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I think she is just a controlling biotch. She called him Gabriel even after he told her to call him Sylar. I think she knows his past and that he always wanted the approval of his real mother. Real mom got killed because she didn't support him. Ma Patrelli knows how to push peoples buttons and I think she is doing that right now. Her goal is to make herself Sylar's new mother figure. Of course it will probably come back to bite her, maybe even right in the brain :).
I don't, I do think she is using her voice power on him, plus from the intro sneak peak spoiler....
she provides him a super with that knows a person life just by meeting them...she then feed her to him...this tell me they are making him more like Peter. With this power he no longer has to kill.
I just don't know if I like that thought.

My wife actually hit on it yesterday. Suresh isn't actually particularly smart. He actually already has a power - "Biology Superscience". basically, he doesn't know jack about real biology or medicine (which is why every word out of his mouth on the subject of biology or medicine makes real biologists cringe) - he just has the superpower to manipulate biological systems.

Does that mean that Sylar has somehow managed to get Suresh power without eating his brain? Because Sylar also has no clue about biology. (See "percentage of brain use" myth. ;) )

---

I liked the start of the season. The only thing I don't care much about (yet) are those "supervillains". They just lack any characterisation.

And count me in as a Quinto/Sylar fan. I like this character. Maybe Heroes would work without him (probably), but I still enjoy his presence on the screen, and the character he plays. Maybe I am just a "power-gamer". ;)

Arnwyn

First Post
Don't get me wrong; you are perfectly entitled to not like it or criticize it all you like.
And after all that, this is all that needed to be said. Thanks!

You don't have to like it; but complaining about it as if your complaint had a reasonable prospect of being satisfied is becoming a little trollish.
*shrug* Your love of Sylar/Quinto has been well documented on these boards AFAIC, so that pretty much explains your entire post.

In any case, I'm certainly not going to pretend how much I know about "the shows fans". And while it's great that, after others have noted their dislike for what has become of Sylar, you decided to jump on my particular post, if you really really have a problem with my dislike of Sylar, you are free to put me on ignore - I know I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Felon

First Post
Do we know if Peter's blood retains its healing properties after it has left his body? My impression of Peter's abilities are that he has to actively think about using abilities (with the possible exception of regeneration), which could very well mean that the blood can't heal anyone else the way Adam's and Claire's can.

Though it's a bit odd that he hasn't even tried.
Well, scratch what I said. Brain fart. Peter was really Future Peter and he didn't want Nathan to survive. Which is why I believe Linderman is alive.

DonTadow

First Post
Does that mean that Sylar has somehow managed to get Suresh power without eating his brain? Because Sylar also has no clue about biology. (See "percentage of brain use" myth. ;) )

---

I liked the start of the season. The only thing I don't care much about (yet) are those "supervillains". They just lack any characterisation.

And count me in as a Quinto/Sylar fan. I like this character. Maybe Heroes would work without him (probably), but I still enjoy his presence on the screen, and the character he plays. Maybe I am just a "power-gamer". ;)
I stayed quiet after the first mention but thought I"d step in on the second. Everytime someone says the ole 10 percent argument there's always one person who steps with the old biological answer.

Actually it is not as much a myth as much as it is a misunderstanding about what is meant. Physically we use most of our brain about 90 percent. But theoretically we only use a small capability of what is beleived can be done when factoring in evolution. And that us usually what is meant. The things that we could be able to do with millions of years of evolution is amazing to theorize about. It's like a computer. You actually use a lot or most of your hard drive even if you have only 5 or 10 gig abites of a 200 gig harddrive saved. However, It's not until we start loading in new programs and files do we actually manipulate all of its capabilities. YOu're making an argument of biology and the actual argument is theoretical use.

Krug

Newshound
[sblock]I like the pathos involved when Sylar eats his mom's brain; maybe at the end of the season. ;) [/sblock] Very Greek Opera.

Felon

First Post
Oh, Umbran, please don't ever change. :cool:

Been said before, but it bears saying again: real science is great and all, but it just doesn't work too well at explaining highly unrealistic things. Sometimes you gotta fudge it, y'know? Can't always just say it's magic.

Suresh is plenty stupid though, I'll give you that!

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
I too was saying to myself yesterday that the show's worse features are the time traveling (which still makes Dr. Who the only show to do it right)
I thought B5 did it pretty well, though they only had it happen once (though we got to see both sides of it).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I thought B5 did it pretty well, though they only had it happen once (though we got to see both sides of it).
Yeah, but it worked because it was planned (both sides) and incorporated into events long before Season 1 was on paper. Heroes used it w/o thought whenever. If they plotted more long term (or left more possible hooks), it'd be different.

Remove ads