Amazon: Prime Day or Online Garage Sale?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Did anyone here buy anything special or cool during Amazon's Prime Day? 'Cause I tried early in the morning, in the middle of the day, and late at night, and couldn't find a DAMN thing.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Thanks for that!

Loved this sequence in the comments:

Collin Forrest Ryan
All this hate on Prime Day... Did no one else see that those sugarless Haribo gummi bears are only 25 bucks for ten pounds?
Wednesday at 2:03pm
157 people

Mirhanda Devarelle
With a bonus of explosive diarrhea!

(Seriously, don't eat them)
Wednesday at 2:12pm

Benjamin Williams
yes, and the crippling diarrhea is free!
Wednesday at 2:18pm

Crothian

First Post
I looked and saved a lot of money but not buying a thing! The twitter comments I've seen it though have been worth it.

I bought the Batman version of Love Letters. Saved about $3 over normal pricing. Not really a big deal.

I actually check Amazon's Gold Box deals about once a day. Along with Slickdeals and Newegg's Shell Shockers, it's just one of the sites on my regular rotation for news and current events. I buy things on these sites less than once a month. But I make a passive attempt to keep up on pricing trends, especially for tech stuff, because I think it helps me both professionally and as a consumer.

Ryujin

Legend
I browsed through the items on sale - The few things I wanted to buy were gone before I found them.

Unfortunately it seems that they didn't do anything to block auto-clicking. As a result a ton of stuff was loaded into carts before anyone could see it, so that the people involved could go through it at their leisure later on. That's why stuff started appearing randomly through the day, as it was viewed and dumped from carts.

Remove ads