PF [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN - Page 88
Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3878798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 893
  1. #871
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,842
    "Drams man risked a lot to point us toward the mushroom fields. You will be fairly safe, just don't get caught in another scheme for dangerous men. Find honest men, hard working men and help each other protect your communities. Fight if you need to, there is nothing to say that women cannot be powerful - you don't need to strike hardest in order to strike most dangerously" Marius points to women in their group.

    He looks around meeting the eyes of the girls and catching sight of the zombies.
    "Mourgrym, how fast can you cast your spell? We have hungry mouths here."
    Turning back toward the girls
    "Ladies, do you know where the caves are? Would you dare go there by yourselves? Anyone knows what mushroom fields are and where they are? Let's move while we talk." He keeps goind eastwards away from the pursuing group.
    XP MetaVoid gave XP for this post

  2. #872
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186
    EVERYONE

    Stealthily, the group moves around, avoiding the occasional search parties that still appear here and there.

    "Ladies, do you know where the caves are? Would you dare go there by yourselves? Anyone knows what mushroom fields are and where they are? Let's move while we talk."
    The feistier one responds almost immediately, in a secretive tone that adds nothing to situation, but denounces her own fear and weariness.


    "The mushroom caves are in the back of this cave complex. They were the reason the settlers chose to dig and build here. Part of the mushrooms have been tamed by Belara's mentor with his druid powers, years ago. She's the main caretaker there. If Belara's willing to have us, we'll be safe. Everyone knows the place, but no one crosses her. Not there, anyway."


    @Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid

  3. #873
    Member
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)



    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    22,736
    Perception and Stealth in that order: 1d20+5 17 1d20+4 7

    As the crew made their escape, they saw the dragon-blooded woman Shayuri waving at the frantically as she ran to catch up from a block over. It was good fortune she spotted them after being separated in the fog, but stealth was well and truly out the window in her haste to rejoin the companions.

    "Ah there you all are! I thought I'd lost you in that fog!"

  4. #874
    Member
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    5,814
    Nerath Wall/Long Return
    Morning
    Round 4

    “Wherever we’re gaein’, we need t’ gae noo,” Morgrym said. “I c’n cast as I gae.” He pulled out one of his rations and dug out some dried berries. Palming them, the murmured some words of blessing.

    Goodberry: 2D4 = [1, 4] = 5

    “There,” he said. “Tha’s wot I c’n dae f’r t’day,” he said, handing over the five berries.

    Actions and Rolls

    Move:
    Action: Hide


    Ministats

    HP: 59/59 NL: 0
    AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
    CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
    Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
    Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
    Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
    Storm Burst 7/7/day
    Wild Shape 1/1/day

    Conditions:

    Spells Prepared
    0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
    1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
    2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
    3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)]

  5. #875
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,762
    "That is actually great, we get to escort you there and at the same time check the caves we were pointed to. Assuming of course this is not just Drams contingency in case his killers fail." Hagadark is not enthusiastic about going once again blindly after the group. Especially since his original contract included bringing them here without knowing what's up.
    XP Neurotic, Archon Basileus gave XP for this post

  6. #876
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186
    EVERYONE

    As Morgrym casts his spell, the zombies glance hypnotically towards the berries. they swallow the things almost immediately, still a bit incredulous, but as soon as the fruits kick in, they glance back at the druid with an odd expression.

    "Good fruit. Good fruit! You made the good fruit, yes?" - one of them inquires as the heroes go along, eagerly seeking confirmation.

    The group moves forward, attempting to avoid any patrols as best as possible. Here and there, they have the impression that their advances have been spotted, as if they were followed somehow, but as they glance around, they can't truly find anything to blame for it. On the contrary, their awareness is sufficient to keep them away from anyone's sight, and Dram's searching parties walk around unaware of the heroes' exact location...

    The town in the caves spread out through a set of three main chambers, all of which are organized in well-mannered blocks and cozy homes. Here and there, the smell of fresh food is complemented by busy steps, children's voices, cart's wheel's and animal sounds.

    After several minutes, the heroes manage to reach the mushroom fields. Hidden in the back of the caves, three chambers of impressive size house a wood of mushrooms, which spreads literally everywhere - floor, walls and roof. The fungi range from a few inches to several feet in size, growing in all colors and types. Amidst them, a perpetual row of workers keep busy, tending to the fungi as they grow and harvesting from chosen paths. On the walls and up above, engineered platforms and contraptions allow workers to get to the most stubborn exemplars, tending to the upside-down section of the farm.

    Carts of a strange type of manure are brought in, while some workers spread it around, throughout selected areas. In the back, a few barns seem quite alive with cart traffic as well, as aurochs come and go, pulling cars filled with bottles of a strange glue. A line of greenhouses protect a peculiar combination of plants, from which no doubt all sorts of substances are gathered. Stubs and animal corpses won't be far as well, readily producing necrotic fungi for consumption.

    A few encampments have been prepared around large tables. There, fungi are traded and workers take their rest.

    One encampment in particular guards the entrance to this underworld set of valleys. The table nearby serves a group of tired workers that just climbed from the plantations, while another team prepares to go down the stone-and-sand path, reaching out for their tools and filling up a cart with bags of manure. Around the same table, a halfling girl tries to close a deal as she avidly discusses prices with two old dwarven peddlers. In the back, and old dwarf woman scolds a well-dressed dwarf gentleman, going on about corpses and fungi needs as he refuses to give her any credit.


    [Ok, you reach the mushroom farms without further incident. The entrance is large enough so you can avoid being detected. You can go down towards the plantations without having to talk to anyone. the area you occupy is a bit above the thick of the three main halls, allowing you to map the area, despite the gloomy environment. Points of interest: the barns in the distance, from where most of the glue and manure's being handled; the encampments, set around large tables and housing workers and merchandise; the greenhouses; the closest table in particular, where the aforementioned debates take place.]


    @Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid

  7. #877
    Member
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    5,814
    Nerath Wall/Long Return
    Morning
    Round 4

    “Aye, I made the good fruit,” Morgrym said. “Tha’ shuild ‘old ye ‘til t’morrow.”

    Morgrym grew quiet as they made their way to the caves. He looked around at the large mushrooms and the people haggling, the scent of the manure strong. He murmured a cantrip and scanned the immediate area for magic.

    Actions and Rolls

    Move:
    Action: Cast Detect Magic


    Ministats

    HP: 59/59 NL: 0
    AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
    CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
    Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
    Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
    Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
    Storm Burst 7/7/day
    Wild Shape 1/1/day

    Conditions: Detect Magic (50r)

    Spells Prepared
    0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
    1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
    2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
    3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)]

  8. #878
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,762
    Hagadark watches carefully, but tries not to stare at anyone. He is an orc in dwarven settlement. He doesn't try to hide, that could be suspicious, but he doesn't intentionally attract attention to himself.

  9. #879
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Far away, trust me!
    Posts
    1,186
    EVERYONE

    Scanning the area for magic auras gives Morgrym an expected answer. Some of the farming tools have a faint aura around them. Many flasks, carefully placed in boxes over the bartering tables, follow the example. Even part of the manure has been deliberately enchanted, probably to facilitate growth. It wouldn't be too much to assume that a druid's been around as well, since many of the crops for sale still hold a faint memory of growth spells about them.

    Oddly enough, Morgrym also sees strong auras coming from the dwarf merchant and the halfling debating with him. The halfling holds a magic medallion, and the dwarf, a magical hat, as well as a set of four magical rings. Dwarves and halflings from the fields aren't too reliant on magic, mind you, but these ones seem to be entirely comfortable with it - as well as with the strong magical aura coming from the mushrooms they're negotiating right now.

    As Morgrym measures the strength of the auras, a young halfling of clever eyes approaches, chewing on a generous loaf of bread.

    "Heya! So, how can I help ya'll?"
    - he says, half of his mouth still full. The joyous expression vanishes for a second as he studies the group - or at least those he can see around - with a curious glance. "So nice t'see some distinct folks 'round these parts! So ya... You ain't from here, right?" - he asks in a low tone of complicity. He doesn't seem to recognize Hagadark, and if he does, he doesn't seem to care. "Bet ya heard from our fiiiine crops and figured you could score some of it for a damn good price, am I right? Mighty fine! Not a common sight ta see traveling folk 'round here. Not ever since the vanishings and them lizards running up and down the desert..." - he pulls up the front of his hat, studying the companions a bit more.

    @Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid

  10. #880
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,842
    As soon as they passed into the shadows of the cave, Marius again fades into the background of flittering shadows and susurrus of many voices and many actions performed in enclosed space. He was never one for talking too much and remaining unnoticed helps with protection of his party.

    He is next to the wall then ten paces along the group of workers as if one of them, quick step through the shadow between the carts left for loading and slide among the plants not yet loaded and he ends up on the side of the dwarven stall slightly behind the halfling. He remains still in the shadows watching.

    OOC: Archon, if that's too much or it is impossible to approach the stall without being noticed, find some other place within 20-30 feet to settle him down.

    Stealth - (1d20+10)[30]
    Perception - (1d20+12)[23]
    Last edited by Neurotic; Sunday, 23rd December, 2018 at 08:38 PM.
    XP MetaVoid gave XP for this post

Similar Threads

  1. RECALL - TIDERULER OF MARAN
    By Archon Basileus in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 370
    Last Post: Tuesday, 25th December, 2018, 09:25 PM
  2. TIDERULER OF MARAN - HALL OF HEROES - PC SHEETS
    By Archon Basileus in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Wednesday, 15th November, 2017, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •