Dark Fairytale IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
GM: Sorry got distracted moving house sucks lol.
OOC: Yeah, I hate how hard it is to get the basement up on the trailer :p

The bottom of the stairs opens it onto a small 10ft ledge with a rather large stone placed over what you would assume is the entrance to the caverns beneath the city."Ah well easiest 500 gold I ever made, better luck next time"

Leonan looks at the dwarf incredulously.
"Are you trying to be funny? The Academy does not take such jokes likely and we're in the middle of murder investigation. Now, will you take us out into the tunnels or your idea of fun is to have strangers dig around underground city cesspit? Now, I'm sure we can all appreciate the joke on Academy youngsters...but there are always teachers as a safety measure. And those can turn idiots into...say, dung beetle?" Leonan casts something and gathering of power can be seen as slight shifting of light around his hands. And as he keeps talking magical words it increases in intensity and his face grows older as his focus increases.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] <-- in case Azurewraith grants advantage on good bluff :)

OOC: Two minor illusions, one to get spellcasting right, the other to add few aging features to the face
EDIT: better if I only rolled intimidate :) with 17 for base roll

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: You may certainly try again if you wish you where pretty close. You know the risk.

The dwarf loses his composure briefly at the threats levied at him before regaining his cock sure attitude"This is the place, guess someone sealed it shut given the horrors that lurk down their who can blame them? Ever been attacked by a pack of rust beast? It's not pretty. If you can't move the rock that's on you not be as your guide." Dale looks over his shoulder as he finishes speaking just making sure no one is there.

Neurotic

The dwarf loses his composure briefly at the threats levied at him before regaining his cock sure attitude"This is the place, guess someone sealed it shut given the horrors that lurk down their who can blame them? Ever been attacked by a pack of rust beast? It's not pretty. If you can't move the rock that's on you not be as your guide." Dale looks over his shoulder as he finishes speaking just making sure no one is there.

Leonan releases the magic into the air and changes tack. "So, what you're saying is we need to call someone else, such as guards to help open the stone and then close it behind us? Or do we simply find someone else to take us down, someone we can count on to help? You do understand you will not get paid for leading us to unpassable stone, right?"

He positions himself to help with the stone and motions for prince Kalember to take the other side. While not as strong as the warriors, he is stronger than wizards usually are. And he can use magic to keep the stone from sliding fully back. While he waits for others to position themselves around he motions with his hands and lose earth, debris and dust swirl toward him and around his legs waiting to slide under the stone and keep it from slipping back.

OOC:
[MENTION=6802065]Searinox Nagharha[/MENTION], assuming no one objects to working together, I think you can roll again with advantage (help action) :)

Shildoor grunts, "Fine! If you insist on seeing how It's done up close then Go ahead, Just Don't Let the rock fall on you.
He slightly adjusts his posistion to get a better grip on the Stone and applies force. "Heaaaave..... HO!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Azurewraith

Explorer
With a lot of straining and a little rocking the boulder rolls just enough to cause the bottom corner of the cave to be accessible. Dale scurries on inside clapping the goliath on the back perhaps closer to his back side than round be liked due to the height difference.

The inside of the cave is pitch black but Dale deftly leads the way. Until you reach a fork in the path. "Where we heading over way leads to a underground lake which connects to deeper in, the route is quicker but more hazardous, the other way takes us closer to the surface while safer it is possibly twice as long if not more. Both paths will see its to similar locations."

Neurotic

"More hazardous due to terrain or due to monsters?" The sorcerer is not keen on climbing across ledges or walking on crumbling cliff paths, but clearing monsters is what they do for living.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Dale strokes his beard hoping to appear wise and all knowing. "A little from column A and a little from column B. Sure it won't be anything a few pros like you can't handle."

Azurewraith

Explorer
"likely headed to the the wailing grotto where I'd head off I wanted to do sorting nefarious undisturbed." Dale adds emphasis to the word undisturbed you would imagine this has something to do with the grottos name.

Remove ads