• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy (Recruiting/OOC)

Name: Jordan "Jordy" Greenbottle
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: None
Background: Haunted One (from CoS)
Alignment: Neutral
Experience: 0/300
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 11 (+0)
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 14 (+2)
AC: 12 (dex+2)
Initiative: +2
Proficiency Bonus: +1
HP: 5
Hit Dice: 1d6
Speed: 25 ft
Passive Perception: 11
Inspiration: no

OFFENSE
Weapon
Dagger
Dagger, off-hand
Sling
Range
20/60
20/60
30/120
To Hit
+3
+3
+3
Damage
1d4+3 (p)
1d4 (p)
1d4+3 (b)
Notes
Finesse, Light, Thrown
Finesse, Light, Thrown
Ammunition
[sblock="FEATURES AND TRAITS"]Proficiencies and Languages
Languages: Common, Halfling, Deep Speech
Armor: None
Weapons: None
Tools: None​
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
Brave: You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
Naturally Sneaky: You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only be a creature that is at least one size larger than you.​
Background: Haunted One (CoS)
Heart of Darkness: Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy along.
Harrowing Event: Prior to becoming an adventurer, your path in life was defined by tragedy, Now you feel a darkness threatening to consume you, and you fear there may be no hope of escape. (You survived a monster attack that slaughtered dozens of innocent people, only to almost die in a fire.)​
[/sblock][sblock="EQUIPMENT"]Common Clothes
Dagger
Sling
Pouch of Sling bullets
Sack
Wooden Tankard, charred
Waterskin
Bread (1 loaf)
Cheese (1 hunk)
Belt pouch (with coins) 9 sp, 13 cp[/sblock][sblock="DESCRIPTION"]Age: 16
Height: 2’ 9”
Weight: 37 lbs
Eyes: Hollow, Watery Blue
Skin: Pale with burn scars
Hair: Red with white streaks
Personality Traits: I hide scraps of food and trinkets away in my pockets.
I expect danger around every corner.​
Ideals: I'll stop the spirits that haunt me or die trying.
Bonds: No one else should have to endure the hardships I've been through.
Flaws: I'll never fully trust any one other than myself.
"Poltergeist" effects happen around me when I'm under stress. (see prestidigitation, first two bullets only. The effects are harmless, are under GM control, and will abate once he gets any magic training, as they are manifestations of his magical potential activating due to trauma.)​
Background
Jordy worked at a tavern, clearing tables, washing dishes, and cleaning the privies. One night, vampires attacked the tavern. Jordy watched from behind the bar as the creatures sucked the life from servers and patrons alike, including his mother and sister. When a vampire grabbed him and he felt the thing's fangs on his neck, Jordy know that he was dead, and he fainted. When he recovered, the tavern was on fire, and the vampires were nowhere to be seen.
Jordy suffers from nightmares in which he is tormented by spirits (many in the forms of Aberrations) speaking an unknown language (Deep Speech, which he will recogize if he encounters it while awake), which he somehow understands. [/sblock]

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Yep. Milestone. Basically, a year at the academy gives you a level. Don't worry, years will pass quickly, at least for the first few.

Greenmtn

Explorer
If there is still room alow me to introduce...

Zilzivar Kivrippliss Seodoireacht the 3rd son of Kanzum Fricomems Seodoireacht. The Seodoireacht family is an up and coming mercantile family making a name for themselves making trinkets, jewelry and work inlaying gems into precious metal decorations.

The Patriarch of the family has decided that in order for their family to move further up the social ladder and gain the name recognition to make pieces for clients that can truly bring the family name to the forefront is for his Sons to be Academy trained. His two oldest sons being too busy at the moment with contracts and already too important to the business to be gone for long means that Zilzivar will represent the family at the academy.

Zilzivar is passionate about his work. The truth of it is that he loves the sparkle and beauty of the products that he produces. His brothers Bozutras Vuh and Nizzeenzix Honsives (Boz and Niz for short) get along well with him, Boz being the consumate salesman arranged a deal with a local Dwarven mine to get the families supply of gems, and Niz is an excellent craftsman. Anything not worthy of the family name simply is not acceptable.

[sblock]

Attributes
STR: 10
DEX: 12
CON: 11
INT: 14
WIS: 13
CHA: 11
Race: Gnome
Background Guild Artisan

Height: 3’ 3”
Weight: 43 lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: fair skinned with rosy red cheeks
Hair: Bark Brown
Personality Traits: Anything worth doing is worth doing right
Ideals: I work hard to be the best at my craft
Bonds: One day I will return to my family and prove that I am the greatest artisan of them all.
Flaws:I’m horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I’m surrounded by rivals. This at times extends beyond my trade and into other things that I apply myself to.

[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok! I'm going to try to get this going. First up, I'll be putting up the Roster thread, hopefully by tonight. I'd like everyone to post there for the usual reasons. Just copy paste from this thread. Everyone's characters look good.

Time frame is typical fantasy medieval, very classic DND. I've done a lot of stuff with adding high tech and industrial age stuff in my games, but for this one, I'm going for a very Hogwarts feel. Magic is rare outside the Academy, but overblown inside the academy, so remember that for your characters.

I'm going to start you all at a port, waiting to take a ship to the Academy. I'm also going to come up with a real name for the Academy. The beginning will be RP heavy, cause your characters aren't trained for combat. Not to say there won't be surprises, but just giving you a heads up.

I'll probably try to post only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but I might do the random post during the week depending on what's going on.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads