• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Oh, I missed that. At least the sphere can burn down the caller where it is.
I think I'd better wait for the frog to go first. I intend to hit zombie 1, so it will be better if it doesn't split the damage.

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: I'm fairly sure I'm going to wind up using my second wind and letting the toad act instinctively. We need the healing to go elsewhere (or will) and I'll still get an attack in via the toad.

If the Caller's "Tortured Cry" isn't an encounter, we need to move that sphere asap. We may need to let it disappear if Kane's unable to move it. +60 thp per round isn't something we can cope with.

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: *Fist shaking* I was looking forward to sweating bullets while we sorted that out. :p

"Keep an eye out for these skulkers when they've disappeared. The Pict says they can be quite nasty. They appear to be in some way tied to that larger one. Also, on this thing that's got a grip on me... Benjamin, what are you doing?"

Everyone can see Benjamin's tongue stuck to a tree, as if he's just attacked it, "Nuphing. Mofe alomg."

The Captain shakes his head and steels himself. Telling his men to spread out and prepare for the attack.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Nature check on Bloodthorn
Move>Minor: Wild Shape to Beast Form
Standard: Second Wind, recover 8 HP
Instinctive: Giant Toad attack Zombie 2: +6 vs. Reflex; 1d8+4 and Pull 2

[sblock=Dartmoor Irregulars]Dartmoor Irregulars – Piskie Swarm (Druid) 2
Passive Insight: 14, Passive Perception: 19
AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:14, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:13/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 9/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used

Powers:
Grasping Tide

Grasping Claws
Swarming Locusts

Scattered Form

Summon Giant Toad
Fiddlin’ Grig
Conditions: Bloodied
Notes: -3 damage from melee/ranged attacks in Beast Form
[/sblock]

[sblock=Giant Toad]
Giant Toad – Summoned Creature
AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:14, Will:14 -- Speed:5, Swim 6
HP:16/16, Bloodied:8
Attack: Melee 3; +6 vs. Reflex; 1d8+4 and Pull 2

Instinctive Actions: Attack the same creature as last turn. If it can’t do that, it attacks an enemy within 3. Otherwise it moves to a square within 3 of nearest enemy.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Castile is momentarily torn between focusing on the large plant that's dragging Noriaki around and the humanoid zombie who just tried to strike her. One further clunk against her shield from the zombie is enough to force a decision. Castile sidesteps away from the bloodthorn to flank the zombie. The next time it swings at her, she surprises it with a shield bash to its face-mass. The zombie stumbles backwards and Castile pursues it.

Castile's psychic headache from the Caller is somewhat lessened by Hú Lí's melody, but it does not abate.

OOC: Zombie 1 is now in K12 and Castile is in L11.
Does Ishirou have his own AP?
[sblock=Castile stat block / actions]Actions
Start of turn: take 5 necrotic damage, leaving 25/39 hp and no THP.

Move: Shift to L10 for flanking.

Standard: Tide of Iron vs Zombie 1 hits AC 20 for 19/2 = 9 damage, and it is pushed to K12 and marked TENT. Castile shifts to L11, gains 4 THP, and gains 4 real hp from Hú Lí's healing piñata effect. (1d20+8+2=20;1d12+7+2=19)

End of turn: Saving throw vs ongoing necrotic fails. (1d20=2)

PC:Castile (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Dwarf Fighter 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:14, Will:13, +5 saves vs poison, Speed:5
HP:29/39 + 4 THP, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:12/13
Initiative +1
Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions
Tonic (+2 str-attack damage, +2 athletics)
Ongoing 5 necrotic (save ends)

Powers
MBA: Waraxe, +8 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage (see Combat notes below)
RBA: Waraxe, +8 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, 6/12
Combat Challenge, Pass Forward
Crushing Surge, Tide of Iron
Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Dwarven Thrower Waraxe, Villain's Menace

Combat notes: +2 melee / close damage with THP, +2 to attack roll on OAs, OAs stop enemy movement[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí dances forward, to better see what is going on, and away from the creature that threatens her and Kane. It lashes out as she passes, and she winces as its venomous bite cuts into her arm. Undaunted she continues with her flute playing. Again the harsh, hard note sounds, and again the bloodthorn is pushed away, but not before some of the Irregulars get in a few jabs at its roots, tangling it up even as it is shoved back to where the flickering orb of fire still burns.[sblock=actions]Move: to N13
Twig Blight OA vs. Hú Lí: 18(1d20) +6-2 = 22; 8(1d8) +4 = 12

Standard: Staggering Note (Will) vs. Fungal Bloodthorn 2: 16(1d20) +6 = 22 4 damage, and Bloodthorn is pushed two squares to J17-K18.
Dartmoor Irregulars free MBA: Dartmoor Grasping Claws (Reflex) vs. Bloodthorn 2: 17(1d20) +6 = 23; 6(1d8) +4 = 10 and Bloodthorn 2 is slowed.[/sblock][sblock=Hú Lí]The Black Fox Fox Spirit (Changeling) Bard 2
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 19
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:17

:bmelee: +3 vs. AC, 1d6-1 damage

HP:17/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Fox Spirit Disguise, Wild Shape, Staggering Note, Vicious Mockery
Blunder, Fox Spirit Trick, Grasping Claws, Majestic Word x2, Words of Friendship
Stirring Shout, Canon of Avoidance

Virtue of Cunning: Once per round, when an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares of the Black Fox, the Fox may slide the ally 1 square as a free action.

Conditions:
none
[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
Energy rippling in the air around him, Noriaki throws off the psychic presence and the bloodthorn's vine alike. His eyes burn with vengeance for the rotted attack from the zombie, and he steps forward, cutting into it cruelly. As his katana clears the zombie's body, he sheaths it, and holds one hand on his scabbard, the other over the hilt. Noriaki pulls on even more of his energy, and begins a chant in Tsugo, his voice resounding with thunder as sparks ripple over his form.

"O lord!
Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings,
Ye who bears the name of Man!
Dance but lightly upon this earthly sky,
Allow this blade to fly upon the wings of your Heavenly Voice!
Way of Thunder Number 41: Wings of Storm!"

Noriaki's voice reaches a crescendo as peals of thunder ring forth from his form. Small currents of electricity flow over his body and out from his shoulder blades, forming the silhouette of wings. He draws forth his sword and cleanly cuts the zombie down, the blade not even slowing as it passes through the tainted flesh. The stroke carries through as Noriaki turns, and the bloodthorn, as it reaches for him, finds its closest vine severed. In his thunderous double-voice, Noriaki cries, "Come! Cut down the rotting dead and vile plants that would defile this land! We are the Storm which will wash away this filth!"
[sblock=Mechanics]
Move Action: Break grab. Athletics vs Fort: 1d20+8=19. Freeeeeeedom!

Standard: Pressing Strike on Zombeh 1:
Shift to K11
Attack Roll: 1d20+8=16 Hit! Barely, but still.
Damage Roll: 1d12+5=17. Now that's Striking! Zombeh is Bloodied. I gain 4 hp and use Roar of Triumph, catching both bloodthorns and the zombeh, if I'm right.

Minor: sheath sword. For Style!

Let's keep this rolling :D Action Point, taking Taka's Gamble, as always
AP Action: Swift Panther Rage on Zombeh
Attack Roll: 1d20+11=23
Damage Roll: 3d12+5=36 Welcome to Sparta. By my count, this zombeh is dead, er, double dead. Re-dead.

Free Attack from Taka's Gamble, on bloodthorn 1
Attack Roll:1d20+8=23
Damage Roll:1d12+5=6[/sblock]

OOC: Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present the Party Striker.

[sblock=Noriaki]Noriaki Matsumoto Male Human Thaneborn Barbarian 2
Initiative: +4(+6 with Takahaan),
Passive Perception: 11,
Passive Insight: 12,
Senses: Normal
AC:19
Fort:18
Reflex:16
Will:14
HP:21/33
Bloodied:16
Surges left:7/9
Surge Value:8
Action Points: 0
MBA: +8 to hit, 1d12+5 damage
Howling Strike
Pressing Strike

Escalating Violence []
Howl of Triumph [x]
Shrug it off [x]
Heroic Effort [x]
Second Wind [x]

Swift Panther Rage [x]
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
GM: Zombeh 1 is dayed. :D Roar of triumph gets bloodthorn 1 and both twig blights. Bloodthorn 2 is a little too far away.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads