• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone planning on running another Mutants and Masterminds Game?

Tokiwong

First Post
I am thinking a teen hero... in the vein of Spiderman... though I like the idea they had from the Manga version of Spiderman, a ninja type with some tools, and incredible dexterity... think spider-ninja... :)

Last edited:

Set Harth

First Post
I'm In as well if you need more people. Though posting in four games and DM'ing a fifth Maybe asking for some punishment later on. :D

As for hero concepts, howbout:

WARLOCK Son of ancient Merlyn, he has lived for centuries guarding the earth from the forces of darkness. (Mystic Archtype)

Or

STARMAN Former Astronaut Richard Hauck, was blasted by Solar radiation while on EVA above the earth. His body was incinerated, but he now lives on as a being of cosmic energy. (Original Archtype)

And can we start at PL 12 or so. Just to be different from the other M&M games.

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
Hmm higher PL... let me think about that for a bit. I like the balance of 10 but I might be able to work with 12 if I have to.
And hey I am playing in 4 games myself right now :) all goodness. Both character ideas sound good, but I like Starman a little bit more...

themaxx

First Post
Character concept

How's this sound:
Man who has worked long and hard all his life, and was comfortable and middle aged, and then had the joy of being relocated to an office right by a big corporation that did rather iffy radiation and high-energy work. His family eventually succumbs to cancer and other diseases that could have been caused by exposure, and he gets pissed. He also realizes that he has not suffered at all from the exposure.

He starts a new life away from the industrialized cities, and finds a deep connection to nature. He pursues spirit guides, buys up some land to make a sanctuary, and begins to exhibit powers granted to him by a mother earth vision.

He helps others, and tries to keep the corrupt government and corporations in check. He hates pollution and disregard for human or animal safety.

More later (like powers and 3x3) if you like where this is going.

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
Great! For right now we can post character ideas, etc here. I will write up something in the Rogues Gallery later today or tomorrow. Also for right now, assume PL 10... I might try PL 12 but is always easier to add points then to take them away.

Skill point cost... I am torn by this one. I don't think skills are that bad the way they are written so I am inclinded to stick with the basic rules...

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
If you've got room for one more, I may be interested. I'll give it some thought and post something later if you're willing (I was leaning towards something along the lines of the totem archetype, but that might interfere with themaxx's concept, so I'll keep on thinking).

thanks,
tKL

bkmanis

First Post
Hey Sen, I have two characters created, which I will post here. Let me know what you think and if you have any preference between these characters.

Harbinger:
Donald Drake

Power Level: 10
Power points earned:
Power points spent:

Description:
Sex: Male
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 170
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Costume: Wears a black trench coat over a dark blue jumpsuit. A full mask covers his face.
Identity: Secret

Abilities:
STR: 12(+1)
DEX: 20(+5)
CON: 14(+2)
INT: 10(0)
WIS: 12(+1)
CHR: 20(+5)
(Total ability pp = 28)

Saves:
Damage +2
Fort +2
Reflex +10
Will +1

Attacks:
Base +5(15 pp)
Melee +6
Ranged +10

Defense:
Base +5(10 pp)
Defense 25
Flat Footed 20
Initiative +10

Hero Points: 5
Speed: 30’(50’ teleport)

Skills:
Acrobatics +11/1
Bluff +6/1
Diplomacy +9/4
Gather Information +6/1
Open Lock +11/1

(Total pp spent in skill 8)

Feats:
Attack Finesse
Connected
Dodge
Evasion
Radio Hearing (Flaw: Device)
Radio Broadcasting (Flaw: Device)

(Total pp spent in feats 10)

Super Powers:
Create Object +10 (Extra: Create Attacks (Energy Blast), Realistic, Shapeable. Power-Stunt: Dual Damage. Flaw: Weapons only) 4pp/lvl (42pp)

Super-Dexterity +5 (Extra: Protection) 5pp/lvl (25pp)

Teleportation +10 (Power-Stunt: Extended Teleport) 2pp/lvl (22pp)

(Total pp spent: 89)

Weaknesses:
Quirk: Hatred of Drug Dealers. Will go out of his way to stop drug dealers.
(Total pp spent: 160)

Background:

Donald Drake was born into a normal middle-class family in Freedom City. Donald always had a vivid imagination, as a child he would write stories and draw pictures of strange people and places. He would tell his parents of his strange dreams he would have.

Don’s father, Ben, was a Biochemist that worked for a medical drug company. One day Ben found out that the company he worked for was controlled by a criminal organization that used the company to develop designer drugs. Ben left work and rushed home to see to his family’s safety before reporting to the police. But the company knew about Ben’s discovery and sent enforcers after him. To eliminate the problem the enforcers decide to inject the Drakes with an overdose of a new drug they recently developed. The drug of course killed Don’s parents but it had a strange effect on him, it activated a latent mutant gene. Don discovered that all his imagination and strange dreams were due to a mental connection to a parallel universe. When the drug activated his powers he discovered that his connection to this parallel universe was strengthened, he was now able to instantly summon objects from that universe into his. It was unfortunate that the first thing he summoned was a weapon, which he used on the enforcers.

Don later discovered other abilities, while not able to enter this parallel universe himself he was able to skip through it. This enabled to instantly move from one point to another without traveling the space in between. Due to a mental block caused by the violent incident with his family Don is only able to summon weapons from the other universe. Perhaps in the future Don will be able to overcome this limitation.

Don has developed a great hatred for organized crime, especially drug dealers. He has received a small fortune from his parent’s life insurance, which he uses to finance his fight against crime. He has developed contacts with street informants and has contacts in the police department. While he has dedicated himself to fighting crime he will go out of his way to take down a drug dealer or a drug lab.

War Strike:
Aaron Smith

Power Level: 10
Power points earned:
Power points spent:

Description:
Sex: Male
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 210
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Costume: Dark Blue jumpsuit that covers him from head to foot with the GEN-Marine symbol on the chest. Rank insignias on the shoulder, these are different the present day insignias and may not be recognized as rank insignias.
Identity: Secret

Abilities:
STR: 20 (+5)
DEX: 20 (+5)
CON: 18 (+4)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHR: 10 (+0)
(Total ability pp = 36)

Saves:
Damage +4
Fort +4
Reflex +5
Will +2

Attacks:
Base: +5 (15 pp)
Melee: +10
Ranged: +10

Defense:
Base: +5 (10 pp)
Defense 20
Flat Footed 15
Initiative +5

Hero Points: 5
Speed: 30 (30 Flight, Sprint 873 mph)

Skills:
Knowledge: History +5/3

(Total pp spent in skill 3)

Feats:
Aerial Combat
(Total pp spent in feats 2)

Super Powers:
Flight +6 (Power Stunt: Super-Flight) pp 2/lvl (14pp)

Super-Strength +10 (Extra: Protection, Immunity) pp 6/lvl (60pp)
(Immunities: Aging, Critical hits, Disease, Exhaustion, Poison, Starvation, Suffocation, Pressure, Energy: Heat, Energy: Cold)

Regeneration +5 pp 2/lvl (10pp)

(Total pp spent: 84)

Weaknesses: None

(Total pp spent: 150)

Background:

The year is 2268 and humanity is near extinction, Earth has been at war with the Vantalor race for nearly 50 years. No one on Earth knows why they're fighting this war or why the Vantalor are out to destroy the human race. It started when a fleet of ships was detected heading for the Mars colony, there were no response to the hails sent to the fleet. When the fleet entered orbit above Mars it attacked destroying the colony without mercy. Earth sent ships to intercept the fleet and they too were destroyed. When the fleet arrives at Earth it attacked destroying all satellites and stations in orbit. Then the alien troops descended to the surface, and humanity started the fight for survival.

Aaron Smith volunteered to become a member of the Gen-Marines, a military force genetically enhanced with abilities to fight the Vantalors. He was one of the last to under go the procedure before the Vantalors destroyed the last of the secret facilities that created the Gen-Marines. Human scientists have found a technology that may destroy the Vantalor once and for all but it is too late, humanity doesn’t have the fighting force to attack the Vantalor to use this weapon. In fact there are only a few hundred thousand humans left huddled in hidden bases waiting for the end. The only hope is a desperate plan developed by the last of the scientists, to send some survivors back in time with the information before the Vantalors arrived at Earth. Aaron was assigned to guard the scientists and the volunteers that were to go back in time. The time portal was built and was ready when the Vantalors attacked the base. In the attack the scientists activated the portal in hopes to send the volunteers back before all was destroyed. But an explosion ripped through the wall and Aaron, moving to protect the volunteers, was flung back into the portal.

Aaron awoke and found himself in the desert, no one else was around and there was no sign of the base. Aaron headed towards the nearest town but when he arrived he knew something was wrong. The town was primitive, there was no indication of advanced technology anywhere. Disguising himself he entered the town, he soon found out that he was sent back in time too far. The year was 1835 and there was no help here for the future. Aaron decided he would have to wait for the proper time, hiding among the people waiting for the time when he can give them the information that could save the human race.

Before Aaron was altered into a Gen-Marine he was a historian, as he waited and watched he began to notice inconsistencies in history that he knew was historical fact. When Lincoln was assassinated he knew something was wrong. He began to research history and discovered many inconsistencies in history. He soon found that not only was he sent too far back in history but also into an alternate time stream. Aaron began to keep track of the historical differences and what changes these differences caused from his own time stream. When the first of the super-humans appeared Aaron began to wonder what destiny this time stream was heading towards. Would the Vantalors even attack the earth? And what difference would these superheroes make against them? Aaron decided to do what he could to help them and wait and see if humanity could survive in this time stream.

Aaron rarely participated as a superhero and was not involved in the L.A. disaster, but recent events are making him reconsider that decision.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads