Ashy's Oathbound Campaign II, IC

Voadam

Legend
Kyron joins Kiera in healing their comrades.

"Do you believe the asheraki attacks were connected with Barbello's assassination of Yarrick? Or were they merely coincidentally tracing back the flying scouts after their assault upon PC's people, assuming these asherake are aligned with that assault group? In any case that wand wielder escaped and can relate our position and return with reinforcements, I would suggest we think about moving on and ready ourselves to do so. I do not believe that even if we repaired the gliders we would be able to bring the horses. I would suggest we leave on foot when we go and not abandon our beasts at this time.

Of course before we decide anything we should learn what we can from our prisoner, including whether ransom is a respected tradition on this world. From PC's reactions I do not expect him to desire to spare our captive when we are done questioning him.
"

deadestdai

First Post
Once his strength returns, Baja go's about the grizzly task of first searching the bodies available to him, then disposing of them - the last part not so grizzly (accoding to his giggles) to him - by tossing them off of the spire top. He then heads in to join the others and to get warm again.

Ashy

First Post
Voadam said:
Kyron joins Kiera in healing their comrades.

"Do you believe the asheraki attacks were connected with Barbello's assassination of Yarrick? Or were they merely coincidentally tracing back the flying scouts after their assault upon PC's people, assuming these asherake are aligned with that assault group? In any case that wand wielder escaped and can relate our position and return with reinforcements, I would suggest we think about moving on and ready ourselves to do so. I do not believe that even if we repaired the gliders we would be able to bring the horses. I would suggest we leave on foot when we go and not abandon our beasts at this time.

Of course before we decide anything we should learn what we can from our prisoner, including whether ransom is a respected tradition on this world. From PC's reactions I do not expect him to desire to spare our captive when we are done questioning him.
"

Having dismissed his fiendish companion, the frey enters the room just as Kyron finishes speaking. "Yer dammned right in that, Kyron. Steenkin' asherake!" He spits on the ground.

Ashy

First Post
deadestdai said:
Once his strength returns, Baja go's about the grizzly task of first searching the bodies available to him, then disposing of them - the last part not so grizzly (accoding to his giggles) to him - by tossing them off of the spire top. He then heads in to join the others and to get warm again.

The tentacled mouthes finally dissipate into an oily puff of smoke and Baja can safely examine the remains of his enemies. The winged serpents left nothing save blood, offal and gore in their wake, but the asherake seem to be fairly well-outfitted. Gathering up all that he can find, Baja nets the following:

• 3 chain shirts
  • 3 suits of 1/2 plate (that look exactly like this
  • 6 longspears
  • 3 serrated bastard swords
  • 1 thick silver braclet (looks like a large, braided cord)
  • 1 plain onyx ring
  • 1 anklet (seven tiny, dark colored stone skulls on a string of mithril)
  • 3 pouches (the total contents of which equal 278 gp, 90 sp and 11 small grey metallic disks) - None of the coins look familiar in any way and no two are alike.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan wanders over to the clerics, ready for his own personal dose of healing magic. He sits down and leans his back against the wall, his sword resting across his knees as he looks around the cave.

"It is unfortunate about the creature who escaped. With Isror and his companions all gone, this could be a useful location for our own purposes. We might wish to remember it for later, should we ever be in need of a refuge in the future. Still, we must now establish a course of action. Before the asherake awakens, I suggest we decide what we hope to learn from it, and. . ."

He looks pointedly at his companions and PC.

"exactly how far we propose to go in order to get the information. And then we must still decide what we do next, going to Ossian, or accompanying PC seem to be our two most likely choices, unless someone has other suggestions."

Ferrix

Explorer
Quiet, Kiera goes over to Tristan and begins to examine his wounds [heal check 29], "at the very least, we learn why it came here and if it had anything to do with Barbello," her smooth hands trace over his armor, "I can't do a very good inspection of your wounds with you in all this armor, Kyron do you mind helping me take it off of Tristan?" Paired with Kyron they remove Tristan's armor quickly and she continues her examination. "Although I will not stand for the creature to be treated with cruelty, despite what it has done." Her hands graze over the massive wound from the asherake's deep sword strike, "you were very lucky, this blow could have easily killed you."

Becoming silent, her brow furrowed, small beads of sweat bead as a healing warmth springs from her core, golden motes emerge from her body, flowing to her hands as she gently traces Tristans wounds, the golden energy swirl about the wounds, twisting and working their way deep, suffusing his body with that same warmth.

OOC: Sacrifice Neutralize Poison for a Cure Critical Wounds 4d8+15 = 39 damage healed

Ferrix

Explorer
Noticing the equipment that Baja has secured, and once Kiera has tended to any wounds that her companions have sustained, she will cast detect magic and look them over.

Vendetta

First Post
Xerxes stands a short distance behind Kiera feeling as if somehow this was all his fault... and worse, that he was asleep throughout the whole ordeal. He resolves himself to make a difference in the next battle and wonders if he can manifest an "Aversion" to Baja in the creature for the interrogation.

deadestdai

First Post
Baja lugged the gear into the main room, two sacks of the stuff over his shoulders, and dumped them unceremoniously against a wall, far from the prisoner. He wasn't too fond of the idea of trying to keep one of these lion men here so close and snarled at it for good measure. (Even though he knew it couldn't know he had just done so.)
His stomache ached, having been empty and rumbling for what seemed hours. Wincing with the imagined pain of starvation, the half orc go's off in search of some food.

Remove ads