• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 Part 6; NSCR/8.19.2005

dravot

First Post
ecliptic said:
Adama may have bended but there is no proof that it is in any way good for man kind. This whole thing still smells of cyclon plot.
Yeah, but you shot your toaster for fear of cyclon plots. They're everywhere, I tell ya!

dravot

First Post
WizarDru said:
The question I'm wondering is...is the trailer for next week's episode a deliberate mislead for the next episode? I'm just wondering who Boomer's talking to: Helo?
Yeah, it's a mislead. Moore's done it to us before. One of his favorite teaser techniques is to use a quote from the last 3 min of next week's show and imply (or allow us to infer) that the plot is built around that quote - that it's the spark that kicks off the episode, not the line that closes it.

ThirdWizard

First Post
mrtauntaun said:
It all happened so fast, Im not sure we actually see her shoot him while facing him, but there is a scene of her facing him with a gun.
Also, my money is she's talking to Zarek, that they cut some kind of deal.

They love to play tricks with splicing scenes. There's no gurantee that those scenes actually go together. I've seen it before. Show a scene of two people together, then show something crazy happening to one of them, and people automatically assume that the other person is there, too. Never trust the previews. The cylons write 'em, I say!

WizarDru

Adventurer
TanisFrey said:
Wow, I am supprised that my predictive guess a couple eps ago is still on cue.

I'd expect you to say that...CYLON.

Predictive guess...PFAH!....You PLANNED it! Didn't YOU?! We're on to you, CYLON.

Damned toaster.

Sir Brennen

Legend
mrtauntaun said:
It all happened so fast, Im not sure we actually see her shoot him while facing him, but there is a scene of her facing him with a gun.
Also, my money is she's talking to Zarek, that they cut some kind of deal.
It's definitely a misleading preview. I think it's more likely Zarek's second, the guy who suggested they kill Apollo, that Boomer cuts some kind of deal with. My guess is she's actually going to turn on that guy (what was his name?), saving Adama/Apollo and ingratiating herself even further with them. I mean, this Boomer is pregnant with the cylon messiah... I think she's going to make that a priority over carrying out the other Boomer's failed assassination attempt. Killing Adama in not in her best interest right now.

With Boomer blasting the mecha-cylons infront of Lee and the conversation last ep where it's been established that, at least as far as Boomer is concerned, the Old Man thinks of her as more than just a machine, a weird "family unit" is forming, which will allow, if not entirely accept, Boomer and her offspring into the fold.

I actually had this thought about Boomer saving Apollo as soon as Zarek and his second were discusssing killing him. I still think that's what's going to happen, just in a little bit more complex form. I'll be a little disappointed if it works out that way, because then things are getting a little too predictable, IMHO. Just like I knew as soon as Galatica Boomer was being taken from her cell to the lab that she wasn't going to make it, and that it was probably Cally who would do her in. :\

I really wonder how the Chief and Cally are going to react to Caprica-Boomer, tho... conflict between the Chief and Helo?

And what was with the gradeschool locker-room flirt scene between Starbuck and Apollo?

Last edited:

Sir Brennen

Legend
ThirdWizard said:
Things look up for the humans. Adama's death would have set up Sol as the Commander of the fleet, and its my theory that his wife is a cylon sent to manipulate him for when that occured in order to help the fleet self destruct. But, Adama returns, and they no longer have the power behind the throne. Their goal of splitting mankind looks like it will fail at this point.
Yep... I think Adama is the wrench in the cylon works, and they keep underestimating him. Even going back to Six's attempted seduction of him.
And, its nice to know, that even with humanity teetering on the blance of extinction, we still will shoot each other in the back to gain some power. I don't think Six was so wrong.
Again, I think it is Adama who is showing that she's not entirely right. He's guided by the other side of human nature, which combats the self-destructiveness. In a way, he's a heretic of the cylon view of humanity, which is probably why they want him dead.

Refering to the "too much negativity in BSG" thread, I think the series is more about extreme adversity, not negativity, and how human nature operates under it, both the good and bad. This ep was a prime example.

TanisFrey

First Post
WizarDru said:
I'd expect you to say that...CYLON.

Predictive guess...PFAH!....You PLANNED it! Didn't YOU?! We're on to you, CYLON.

Damned toaster.
I think tho duth prostes too much. Ye being seeing ye's devil everware. Careful, when ye obcessed with tho's enemy, tho becomith thain enemy.

LightPhoenix

First Post
A very enjoyable episode. I loved Dualla's speech, gave Adama a good kick in the pants, I think. However, regarding bending/breaking, I see it more of a matter that Tigh, Gaeta, and the rest were the ones bending... for example, Tigh clearly disagrees with Adama and knows something is up, but never says anything. It's Dualla who finally gets sick of his nonsense and stands up to him, and that makes him realize (I think) that he's going to lose more people, he's gonna self-destruct.

On a side note about Tigh, notice as soon as Adama comes back, Tigh is doing so well. He's such a case study on the effect others have on a person. Whatever Tigh thinks, he would do well as the head of Galactica. He just needs to stay away from his wife, who seems to be the biggest problem. I love the juxtaposition of the expected outcome of Adama waking up and fixing Tigh's mistakes and what really happens - Tigh cleans up and ends up helping to fix Adama's.

I loooooooved Roslin's handling of the situation when Starbuck, Helo, and Caprica-Boomer came back. Especially when as soon as she has control of the situation, she orders Boomer out the airlock. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but if Roslin and Adama can start working together, the Fleet will be so much stronger. Adama wants to rebuild his family, but what I don't think he realizes is that Roslin is the mother to his father, and that's how the family needs to be fixed.

Wolf72

Explorer
mrtauntaun said:
In the scenes for next week, we see Sharon shoot Commander Adama AGAIN. This occurred to me:
When I first saw on the preview that Co. Adama was on Kobol, my gut instinct was, man, he IS a cylon. The fact that the fleet was reuniting did not occur to me until I thought about it for a second or two.
So what about this, what if he IS a Cylon, and Cylon Sharon is continuing to try and help them by killing off a cylon in their midst?
Unlkely, but I don't think they'd shoot Adama AGAIN without a damn good twist associated with it. The mere thought of it gave me the willies.

yeah, I'm waitin' for the twist(s) too ... we see her shoot, but not at what.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads