• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 Part 6; NSCR/8.19.2005

dravot

First Post
Here are the comments about the show that I emailed to WizarDru a few minutes ago:

Decent episode, but not top notch, but that's ok. It's a transitionary episode, setting up the next round of fireworks, so it's all good.

Stuff I liked:

Adama crushing walnuts with his bare hands. Now that's what I call Rage.

I'm not 100% sure I understand/agree with Adama's misdirection to Tigh re: the new CAG. I read it differently than others...Adama doesn't totally trust Tigh's decisions at the moment, and he's paying the price. The pendulum swings again.

I was surprised, though pleasantly that it was Dualla that got Adama to thinking in the right direction. I liked the mis-direction, how we go into the scene with Adama talking about betrayal, and we're left to wonder if Adama uncovered D's complicity in Roslin's escape. Maybe he did. Who knows?

I liked Roslin's instant betrayal of CapBoomer and her desire to throw her out the airlock. Roslin is NOT a bleeding heart, she just has different priorities than Adama. I note that whenever the Colonials capture a cylon, they don't instantly space him/her/it, but that's Roslin's first intention.

I liked Boomer's mad dash to get to the machine gun nest and take out the last toaster. Yeah, it was obvious, but it was still well done.

Lee's instant hatred of Boomer is a strong reminder at how we aren't in black and white issues. He may have betrayed his father by siding with Roslin, but he helped stop the cylon boarding party on BSG, and he wants to destroy the cylon that shot his father. How long until he comes to accept her as a cylon american? =)

The ambush was well set up (possibly obvious, but again, still well done). I didn't think that the priestess was going to get it. Now Roslin's main tie to the faith is gone, will she be set adrift? Will she start accepting bad religious advice from a charlatan? Will she start interpreting the scriptures on her own? Weal or Woe?

Stuff I didn't like: Zarek and the other guy's betrayal of Lee. It feels hamhanded and forced, in a Boris and Natasha kind of way. While I understand their need, within the storyline the decision felt arbitrary and forced. More exposition prior may have helped.

WizarDru

Adventurer
The trick here is that I don't know what to expect at the tomb...and given what's to occur, anything that happens will be anti-climax, anyhow. Given that this is part of the Cylon's 'plan', I expect that either the answer is really there, or they've planted one there of their own.

I still maintain that:
A) Galactica was not meant to survive in 'the plan'.
B) The Cylons have factions, some of which are working at cross-purposes
C) The Adamas (both) are NOT Cylons

And I really, Really, REALLY am looking forward to the appearance of the PEGASUS.

I bet you that it appears before the end of the season, and a power struggle comes from Adama and Cain....with Roslin stuck in the middle.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Adama's putting the band back together?

:)

Starbuck and Lee are both a little juvenile in some ways. They've both gotten to play around and not have to be totally adults for a good long while. They can do the job, but they're both live wires of a sort.

I'd imagine Boomer is marking time until she can do something seriously bad to Galactica. I don't see how she can ever be trusted. She may be useful in certain situations, but those need to be carefully weighed and measured.

For a stretch of episodes on original BSG, Baltar captured and then was held prisoner on the Prison Barge, and was visited every time the heroes needed information, and was even eventually freed (marooned) in thanks for some of his help. I could see New Boomer becoming like Old Baltar, a character they keep under lock and key as a source of information and help, but they know they can't trust him because they'll take lethal advantage as soon as they get the chance.

fett527

First Post
wingsandsword said:
For a stretch of episodes on original BSG, Baltar captured and then was held prisoner on the Prison Barge, and was visited every time the heroes needed information, and was even eventually freed (marooned) in thanks for some of his help. I could see New Boomer becoming like Old Baltar, a character they keep under lock and key as a source of information and help, but they know they can't trust him because they'll take lethal advantage as soon as they get the chance.

I want to see the New Baltar become the Old Baltar. I believe we will see that eventually.

fett527 said:
I want to see the New Baltar become the Old Baltar. I believe we will see that eventually.
If he doesn't, I'll be really surprised. Ever since the Kobol thing, Baltar seems to have gone off the deep end...err...deeper end.

fett527

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
If he doesn't, I'll be really surprised. Ever since the Kobol thing, Baltar seems to have gone off the deep end...err...deeper end.

Something like this?

wheeee.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads