• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--3/25/07--Arc 20 (Season Conclusion)

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Something that hit me like a bolt out of the blue was…

Why didn’t the prosecution call Six to the stand? She expressly offered to testify and Roslyn seemed amenable to the idea.

Forget the paltry issues of New Caprica, they have a witness who can testify that Baltar served up the entire 12 Colonies for the sake of sweaty sex.

Why was that thread dropped?

Wormwood

Adventurer
From BSG composer Bear Mcreary's blog :

I happened to catch Ron Moore in the hallway at Universal and, in a brief conversation, got everything I needed to know. I learned that the idea was not that Bob Dylan necessarily exists in the characters' universe, but that an artist on one of the colonies may have recorded a song with the exact same melody and lyrics. Perhaps this unknown performer and Dylan pulled inspiration from a common, ethereal source. Therefore, I was told to make no musical references to any "Earthly" versions, Hendrix, Dylan or any others. The arrangement needed to sound like a pop song that belonged in the Galactica universe, not our own.

With Ron's blessing to try out whatever I wanted, I suddenly had the most creative freedom I'd ever been offered. No temp scores, no music notes... not even any picture to score! I was on my own, free to arrange this piece in any way I saw fit. So, in early January, with nothing to lose, I set out to do my first All Along the Watchtower demo. I assumed, correctly, that the demo would be the starting point for months of discussion between myself, the producers and the network. What I didn't realize was that everyone involved would love my version so much that the final recording you hear in "Crossroads, Part II" is, in essence, my initial idea.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
The Grumpy Celt said:

Why didn’t the prosecution call Six to the stand? She expressly offered to testify and Roslyn seemed amenable to the idea.

Forget the paltry issues of New Caprica, they have a witness who can testify that Baltar served up the entire 12 Colonies for the sake of sweaty sex.

Because Roslin doesn't trust her? Because the Six model had already showed up once and tried that, and they didn't believe her then? Maybe because Baltar didn't really sell out the colonies, she essentially played the spy and managed to sneak information through her affair with him. That relationship doesn't really prove that he's a villain. What he did on New Caprica was far worse, and even that wasn't his fault.

I can't believe this far into the series I really don't have any strong feelings against Baltar. When's the man going to go over to the enemy? So far he's just a big red herring.

Wormwood

Adventurer
The Grumpy Celt said:

I assumed that she decided NOT to testify because of Lampkin's convincing performance with Baltar's pen.

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
I know I've been avoiding these threads lately, but I just had to say that I hope this isn't the last we see of Lampkin. He was great.

Personally, I don't think the four are Cylons, I think the four are being manipulated by the Ship of Light aliens. Moore has expressed interest in them before. As to the podcast... well, I always thought Moore was overselling the Kara-death, but it does show that he will lie on the podcasts, so I'm not sure that's credible evidence against or for the Cylon thing being real.

Now, Roslin, on the other hand, happens to have a shared dream with two Cylons, a half-Cylon, and... well, okay, Baltar is human. She has migranes in a nebula, just like Cylons do. I can definitely see her being a Cylon.

Oh, and Tigh rocks.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Mr. Patient said:
Tyrol, Tigh, Tory, and Sam Anders. I don't think they are actually Cylons, myself, but they think they are.

As you will note from RD Moore's interview on this subject (link to above) - the four revealed Cylons are most definitely "full" cylons. They just happen to be fundamentally different from the seven known models. The five are unique - and they don't quite work the same way or play by the same rules.

The Final Cylon, the Fifth has been deliberately left open by last night's events. Fundamentally, the viewer is left with a choice:

Is it Starbuck or is it Baltar?

Steel_Wind

Legend
Wormwood said:
I assumed that she decided NOT to testify because of Lampkin's convincing performance with Baltar's pen.

She did not testify because her testimony was not relevant. Roslin wanted Baltar charged with the initial betrayal of the Colonies' defence secrets. The prosecuting Attorney refused because she could not make the case stick. That was the end of Capriac Six as a witness.

Whilke Caprica Six had relevant evidence to provide concerning the evetns leading to Baltar's signing of the Death List - the prosecution did not need her evidence and - indeed - would not have wanted it even if they had known about it. (And I don't think they did).

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
The Grumpy Celt said:

I wanted her to come to the stand, if only to reveal Gaeta's perjury: she was there when they put the gun to Baltar's head to sign the death list.

Fast Learner

First Post
Yeah, but everyone knows she loves Baltar, so her testimony in his defense on that matter wouldn't have been worth much. To the contrary, really, if I was Badger I sure as heck wouldn't want a Cylon coming to the defense of my client.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads