D&D Movie/TV Benedict Cumberbatch Joining D&D Movie?

According to The Sun, Benedict Cumberbatch is joining Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Rege-Jean Page, Hugh Grant and others in 2023's D&D movie. He was in the The Hobbit trilogy as Smaug, the dragon, and is well known as Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock. More recently he narrated an animated short about a Drizzt...

According to The Sun, Benedict Cumberbatch is joining Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Rege-Jean Page, Hugh Grant and others in 2023's D&D movie.

Benedict-Cumberbatch-Sherlock-.jpg

He was in the The Hobbit trilogy as Smaug, the dragon, and is well known as Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock. More recently he narrated an animated short about a Drizzt.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
He was great as Smaug (in spite of the movie), and as The Angel, Islington, in Neverwhere. I'm pretty stoked for this.

The fact they keep adding people like this makes me think that the movie is going well, the script is probably pretty solid, and the energy around the movie is good.

None of that makes a flop impossible, obviously, but I'm more optimistic as time goes by.
It raises the floor from direct to video schlock up to big production value confused mediocrity, at worst. It could even be pretty great, but I'm keeping my expectations in check a bit.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Non-compete clauses are actually illegal in California. I don't know if that was statutory or a judicial decision, but I work in California, and our workplace insists we can't work for a competitor, and everyone openly says "OK, thank you for saying that" and smirks.
Not all non-compete clauses in California are barred. If you sell a business for example, you can enter into an enforceable non-compete. If you're a partner in a business or LLC member you can agree to not compete if the partnership or LLC ends.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm getting a GI Joe vibe off this. IIRC those 2 movies had pretty decent casting with some big names but were lame movies.
Too early to say: all we know now is that Paramount has put real money into the project, and hired talented people. Sometimes that produces something great, sometimes it falls flat on it's face: sometimes it falls flat and makes big money anyways. Time shall tell. It has the ingredients to succeed, hope it works out.

R_J_K75

Legend
Too early to say: all we know now is that Paramount has put real money into the project, and hired talented people. Sometimes that produces something great, sometimes it falls flat on it's face: sometimes it falls flat and makes big money anyways. Time shall tell. It has the ingredients to succeed, hope it works out.
True enough. Havent been following it much other than whats been posted on EN World.

Remove ads

Remove ads