Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey, if Thorbin wasn’t surprised, he would have bonus action raged in round 1, meaning that he still has a bonus action for round 2. I’ll wait for the full resolution, but if his Sahuagin target dies, he’d get a 1d10 gwm reckless attack, and if not, it’s a 1d4 shaft strike.
I think these if/then scenarios will get tricky, let’s play it by ear.
Cheers,

sg

He's gonna kill the first fishman out of the water. (I'll get to writing it soon, maybe before you read this). Normally when you've got the bonus action to spare, just roll it and I'll use it if I can. (Including having him move if he can to get a second target, if that's possible).

I haven't used an action yet.

Athletics: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21

Next round it looks like he will be hauling that tasty blubber. The cool thing about having an echo is that Py'Cott can load up with as much as he can fit in his arms and still have a way to attack.

Actually, that's a good question for next round: how much whale-fat can he gather?

They're in 30 lbs blocks, so not too many before they'd start getting cumbersome. (Also, if it's not immediately obvious, they are flammable. I don't know exactly how flammable they are in real life, but since this is D&D let's say "nearly explosive" (because that's more fun).)

Did the captain answer my question? Can he turn off the antimagic field? That would be preferable to going through the hole.

That was another part of what I meant to write yesterday but ran out of time (should be up soon!) He can't turn it off. He's no wizard. He had it installed. Your low arcana roll earlier means they did a good enough job of making it something that's not easy to disarm. (Which makes sense, or a Wizard prisoner might just disarm it and teleport away).

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thorbin's a fish-man killing machine.

GWM + reckless attack + divine fury help, just a wee bit ;-)
Can’t wait for more to swarm, get scared, and try to get away, thereby triggering a reaction attack from SentinelOr maybe just try to attack an ally for the reaction attack.
As I said before, I want to see the sea painted [insert colour of the fish-men’s blood]!

Cheers,

SG

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Btw, I just realized that I had a major brain fart: my character doesn’t have pole arm master! For some reason, I was thinking he did. It doesn’t affect actions so far (bonus action attack comes from GWM).
I don’t know what I was thinking to take sentinel instead of pole arm master, and that’s definitely a mistake. But my character is strong enough so I’ll just go with the flow. So no more “butt attack” issue, at least until/if we level up ;-)
Cheers,

sg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Btw, I just realized that I had a major brain fart: my character doesn’t have pole arm master! For some reason, I was thinking he did. It doesn’t affect actions so far (bonus action attack comes from GWM).
I don’t know what I was thinking to take sentinel instead of pole arm master, and that’s definitely a mistake. But my character is strong enough so I’ll just go with the flow. So no more “butt attack” issue, at least until/if we level up ;-)
Cheers,

sg
Oh yeah, I seem to recall you not wanting to double-up on abilities with someone else? Though I think there might still be two people with Sentinel. Maybe you meant to take GWM and not Sentinel? Anyone remember or have an opinion? Still time to tweak, I think.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Oh yeah, I seem to recall you not wanting to double-up on abilities with someone else? Though I think there might still be two people with Sentinel. Maybe you meant to take GWM and not Sentinel? Anyone remember or have an opinion? Still time to tweak, I think.
That was Py'Cott: two PCs with Sentinel clash with each other in a weird rules exclusion.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Well if you let me, I’ll swap sentinel with Pole arm master (so to be clear, my character will have two feats: GWM and pole arm master). It’s a total brain fart!
I’ll have to read up on what happens when two character have sentinel, never heard about the rules exception.
Cheers,

sg

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ok, the change’s been made to the character sheet. I read up on the last interaction of two sentinels, pretty weird!

Of note: Thorbin gets an aoo (reaction attack) if an enemy enters his reach. Should be useful in this combat ;-)
Cheers,

SG

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ok, the change’s been made to the character sheet. I read up on the last interaction of two sentinels, pretty weird!

Of note: Thorbin gets an aoo (reaction attack) if an enemy enters his reach. Should be useful in this combat ;-)
Cheers,

SG
I think those are the feats you meant to take, so that's not a problem. If I provoke, just take your reaction as an extra attack on your following turn (same thing with when you drop a guy) - I don't want to deal with too many interrupting actions in PBP (I hate to backtrack). I get that it probably makes the abilities a little "weaker" that way, but they're good enough as it is, and PBP can get complicated if we do reactions properly. In the rare instance that it might make a life-or-death difference, We'll worry about it then.

(This goes for Lex and Shield as well. If I hit him for damage and you want to use shield, just say something like "Lex created a shimmering disk and the arrow bounced off" while taking your next turn, and I'll adjust the damage.)

...Or however it works out. We'll all just do our best.

Remove ads