Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

Mr.Satan

First Post
I've revised Assimilate to fall more in line with Digestio. It's more useful now and allows you to absorb any single aspect of your opponent, rather than just an ability score. I have a feeling that may have been Krusty's original intention anyway.

Assimilate (Su)
Absorb aspects of opponents you consume.
Prerequisites: Con 70 (or Cha 70 if Con - ).
Benefit: You gain one aspect of each opponent you defeat and consume.
This can include HD, an ability (no greater than esoteric), or an ability score.
e.g. If you defeat an opponent...
...with more HD, your HD increase to equal it's HD.
...with more Str, your Str increases to equal it's Str.
You can choose any aspect you are aware of, randomly, or no aspect.

Howdy Mr.Satan! :)

Mr.Satan said:
I've revised Assimilate to fall more in line with Digestio. It's more useful now and allows you to absorb any single aspect of your opponent, rather than just an ability score. I have a feeling that may have been Krusty's original intention anyway.

Assimilate (Su)
Absorb aspects of opponents you consume.
Prerequisites: Con 70 (or Cha 70 if Con - ).
Benefit: You gain one aspect of each opponent you defeat and consume.
This can include HD, an ability (no greater than esoteric), or an ability score.
e.g. If you defeat an opponent...
...with more HD, your HD increase to equal it's HD.
...with more Str, your Str increases to equal it's Str.
You can choose any aspect you are aware of, randomly, or no aspect.

Yes, that's what I meant. :eek:

Mr.Satan

First Post
Bardic music as a bard of a level equal to your HD...Divine...or Cosmic. I'm guessing Cosmic? I ask because a character of mine with Assimilate is going to devour a Tulani to obtain that ability.

Hey Mr.Satan! :)

Mr.Satan said:
Bardic music as a bard of a level equal to your HD...Divine...or Cosmic. I'm guessing Cosmic? I ask because a character of mine with Assimilate is going to devour a Tulani to obtain that ability.

If in doubt, always go with the higher option to avoid unbalancing the game. So in this case, yes Cosmic.

Mr.Satan

First Post
Assimilate question...

If you die, and are brought back by cosmic string or some similar ability, do you lose your assimilated abilities...or are they a permanent part of you, having been...assimilated rather than borrowed or stolen?

Howdy Mr.Satan! :)

Mr.Satan said:
Assimilate question...

If you die, and are brought back by cosmic string or some similar ability, do you lose your assimilated abilities...or are they a permanent part of you, having been...assimilated rather than borrowed or stolen?

Good question. Assimilate requires you to defeat a foe before stealing the ability in question. At that point it would be permanent UNLESS the same foe who you defeated to gain the power in the first place (somehow) came back and defeated you. At this point it would be lost.

Hope that helps.

Mr.Satan

First Post
Thanks. That does help. =)

Does anyone have any custom divine, cosmic, or transcendental abilities or templates they can share? I'm always looking to collect new ideas for the campaigns I play in. =)

Mr.Satan

First Post
Does an antimatter launcher (assuming it's enchanted to +6) harm a void dragon normally? ...or do void dragons have a blanket immunity to antimatter attacks?

o_o ?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads