• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

tglassy

Explorer
Captain Barakas Stormsword laughed at nearest enemy, slashing at it with his vibrating sword.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] If he moves.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
The ballerina must have been a small woman in life, and now in undeath her midsection is but inches wide. Cyan cleaves through the dancing zombie cutting her in half with the thick bladed shortswords. As she falls Talin leaps over the bosy and engages the zombie in the bear suit, beside Terry (who just cracked it over the head), and Captain Barakas whose blade vibrates as if it is holding a small tempest within the metal.

Niklos's aim is true and another crossbow bolt thumps the chest of the beast, but it takes it without flinching. It just holds it's arms out as if it were a real bear rearing up on its hind legs and stalking the group. Talin attacks it low and a wisp of shadow moves from his sword to surround the thighs and waist of the creature. Combined with the wind that blows from seemingly nowhere the shadows move quicker than the rogue-sorcerer expected. Covering the zombie in moments. And then....

*BOOM*

*CA_BOOM*

The zombie lurches and back to back thunderous detentions rip the creatures arms and legs from its torso and it falls to the ground in a heap of parts, covered in a bear skin.

OOC: CON save from sword. DC 11 [roll0]
moves booming blade #1 [roll1], CON save [roll2]
moves booming blade #2 DC 11 CON save[roll3]
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
The group pause for a minute as the last thunderous echo dies down. The stand prepared listening, but after another minute they hear nothing like a horde of zombies coming their way. Taking a look back down both the tunnels leading out of this odd room they twist and turn not allowing anyone's darkvision to penetrate to deeply.

[sblock=Better Map]
To small to use for Combat.

necro cave_0.jpg[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Stats]
Barakas
AC:18, HP: 11/11, HD: 1/1(1d8), 1/1(1d6), WotS: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Cyan
AC:16, HP: 18/18, HD: 1/1(1d8+1), 1/1(1d10+1), SW: 1/1, BW: 1/1
Niklos
AC:14 HP: 17/17, HD: 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Talin
AC:16, HP: 15/15, HD 1/1(1d8+2), 1/1(1d6+2), Evil Eye: 1/1, Spells: 1/0/0
Terry
AC:16, HP: 12/17, HD 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
[/sblock]
OOC: Just need you all to pick a path.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
“Let them come,” Says Captain Barakas Stormsword. “They will feel the wrath of the storm.”
"Captain, it is not that I fear them or doubt the power of the storm. It is that I do not wish to have our exit cut off by them," Terry says. "Your direction is as good as the other. But they are approaching this chamber from the west and we go north they will be in front of us and behind us. No one lusts for battle where one is surrounded, but a fool. Unfortunately, there is also no value in standing still. So let us move quickly. North is still as good a way to go as any unless someone else objects?"

OOC: Terry will resume position 4 in the tunnel marching order as soon as we are under way.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Talin takes point once more and cautiously starts looking for tripwires, sliding walls, or falling rocks as he moves slowly along the tight tunnel, With Cyan helping they both discover nothing and then before them they find a small room, at the tunnels dead-end. And sitting on the floor side by side in this room are two closed chest.

From the entry way the two rogues look at each other and nod, defiantly trapped.

OOC: VLAD is on VA-CA so will need Cyan to take point on this one. Roll a Wisdom(Perception) check with advantage for Cyan please.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Cyan sees nothing out of the ordinary around the chest the floor walls and ceiling seem safe enough. The chest themselves also look safe enough, although it is odd they are sitting out in the open in the middle of the room.

OOC: Everything looks ok, but "feels" off.
- Everyone give me a quick check in to what your character would do in this odd situation, plz.


[sblock=Map]
necro cave_L6.jpg[/sblock]
 

hero4hire

Villager
Cyan shakes her head. "Something feels wrong. Let us go check out the rest of these caves. These chests aren't going anywhere. "
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Listening to her gut, Cyan ushers the group to check the second tunnel.

OOC: Which the DM should have ready tomorrow, it is a big'n
 

EarlyBird

Villager
The passage opens into an enormous cavern illuminated by several guttering torches set in sconces on the walls. The floor is uneven, and the ceiling is forty feet up. Three flat boulders near the passage serve as tables for human corpses. Severed body parts sit in baskets by the foot of each stone table, covered in dry gore. A figure in a dark hood stands by the third table, its back to you. Matted hair juts from the hood, and the figure holds a bone needle threaded with dark cord in its hand.

Farther to the north, a stone stair climbs the east wall, ending near the ceiling. A stone slab like a counter juts from the wall across the room from the base of the stairs. It holds saws, knives, and other tools. Four skeletons stand beyond this tool bench, guarding a wide passage that exits the to the north.
[sblock=Combat]
Barakas
AC:18, HP: 11/11, HD: 1/1(1d8), 1/1(1d6), WotS: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Cyan
AC:16, HP: 18/18, HD: 1/1(1d8+1), 1/1(1d10+1), SW: 1/1, BW: 1/1
Niklos
AC:14 HP: 17/17, HD: 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Talin
AC:16, HP: 15/15, HD 1/1(1d8+2), 1/1(1d6+2), Evil Eye: 1/1, Spells: 2/0/0
Terry
AC:16, HP: 12/17, HD 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0

Hooded Figure
AC:8 HP: 22/22
Skeletons all are AC:13
1) 13/13 HP
2) 13/13 HP
3) 13/13 HP
4) 13/13 HP[/sblock]
[sblock=MAP]
necro cave_L5_00.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Stealth check [roll0]
Terrible roll everyone's passive perception is good enough to notices a shadowy figure behind the skeletons seeming to direct them.
 

Advertisement

Top