log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

EarlyBird

First Post
The left tunnel:

This narrow passage is about ten feet high in most places, with rough, irregular walls. Protruding spurs on the walls are coated in dried blood.

Eventually this natural passage widens out;

The star-shaped cavern ahead has many clefts in its walls. Only two, across the cavern, seem large enough to traverse. Three zombies lurch about the area. One is costumed like a bear, another is dressed as a lady in a frilly dress and thick makeup, and the last is costumed as a jester with jingling bells on its collar and sleeves.

All three start to move, the bear holding his arms out as he moves back and forth. The jester squats on his heels and starts to hop, the bells jingling lightly as he moves. And the ballerina tries to pirouette, but her lack of muscles and coordination, has her stopping in half circles as she slowly turns.

[sblock=Group Status]
Barakas
AC:18, HP: 11/11, HD: 1/1(1d8), 1/1(1d6), WotS: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Cyan
AC:16, HP: 18/18, HD: 1/1(1d8+1), 1/1(1d10+1), SW: 1/1, BW: 1/1
Niklos
AC:14 HP: 17/17, HD: 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Talin
AC:16, HP: 15/15, HD 1/1(1d8+2), 1/1(1d6+2), Evil Eye: 1/1, Spells: 2/0/0
Terry
AC:16, HP: 12/17, HD 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0

Zombies:
AC: 8
1) 22/22 HP, Jester
2) 22/22 HP, Bear
3) 22/22 HP, Ballerina[/sblock]
[sblock=MAP]
necro cave_L4_rd1.jpg[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad






EarlyBird

First Post
OOC:
INIT:
Nikos 15
Terry 6
Talin 23
Cyan [roll0]
Barakas [roll1]
Zombies 1


OOC:
INIT Order:
Talin - is up
Cyan
Niklos - already gone and hit
Terry
Barakas
Zombies
 



jmucchiello

Adventurer
As she hears the combat begin, Terry casts shillelagh on her staff. Seeing the injuries on the jester zombie, she moves to J8 and attacks it. Somehow, she just barely misses hitting it.

OOC: Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Captain Barakas Stormsword rushes into battle, slashing with his vibrating sword!

Booming blade at Bear.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] If it moves.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Captain Barakas hears the twang of a crossbow, and the grunts as swordsman thrust blades into flesh. Not wishing to be left out he hurries around the corner and his two companions standing there to come face to face with a zombie in a bear suit, a fresh crossbow quarrel deep in its chest. Its arms are strecthed out it tries to growl but its lack of proper working lungs makes it sound more like a gruggle, than a growl. The tiefling laughs at the folly of the thing.

The Jester tries to cartwheel to the side and nearly tumbles over, its legs not liking the added momentum to the weight they can barely support. A thunderous boom echoes throughout the cavern complex as the dark shadow energy surrounding the zombie explodes like a thunderhead. It tries lashing out at Cyan as the dragonborn's blades cut deep gouges in the monsters back and shoulders, but its atks are feeble as the last of its un-life leaves its body.

And lastly Talin watches as the ballerina puts both her skinless arms over her head and tries to tip-toe towards the shadow rogue. As it approaches it lurches as if dancing and brings both hands down in a double axe-handle towards the rogues head. He manages to get his head out of the way but is clipped on the shoulder instead.

OOC: INIT Order:
Talin
Cyan
Niklos
Terry
Barakas
Zombies


[sblock=Combat]
Barakas
AC:18, HP: 11/11, HD: 1/1(1d8), 1/1(1d6), WotS: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Cyan
AC:16, HP: 18/18, HD: 1/1(1d8+1), 1/1(1d10+1), SW: 1/1, BW: 1/1
Niklos
AC:14 HP: 17/17, HD: 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Talin
AC:16, HP: 15/15, HD 1/1(1d8+2), 1/1(1d6+2), Evil Eye: 1/1, Spells: 1/0/0
Terry
AC:16, HP: 12/17, HD 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0

Zombies:
AC: 8
Jester [roll0] thunder dmg
1) 16/22 HP Bear intimidate [roll1], atk: Barakas [roll2]
2) 00/22 HP Jester, dead acrobatics [roll3], atk:Cyan [roll4] no atk, no dmg
3) 22/22 HP Ballerina perform [roll5], atk:Talin [roll6][/sblock]
[sblock=MAP]
necro cave_L4_rd2.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:




As the ballerina swings down at Talin he raises his hand. As he does a thin wall of shadow burst from the floor at his feet and solidifies attempting to deflect the attack.

OOC: Using my reaction to cast shield. My Ac is now 21. Let me know if the attack still hits.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
The "shield of shadow" deflects the blow readily, and the ballerina dances and swings on as if not knowing the magic is protecting the elf.

OOC: Will take back that dmg then. Thanks for the heads up.
 



EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Ballerina can't make the save from Cyan DC 28, so we can have you attack the bear, and the Captain will give you your sneak attack dmg. So that means a CON save for the bear zombie, DC 13 [roll0], let's see if he is alive?

EDIT yep so [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] to finish the round
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top