Falcon and winter solider

It’s not about showing up to everything, but certain high profile cases make the list...aka the stuff exciting enough to generate movies and tv shows.
That only applies to world shattering scenarios, and neither TV show featured anything even close to that. And even in world-shattering scenarios, many heroes, such as Bucky, can only travel at the speed of bus. So the chances are by the time they arrive it will all be over.
like with Wanda vision, no one is going to call Dr Strange when an entire town is being rewritten by magic powers? At face value the answer seems to be no.
No one actually has Doctor Strange's number. But there would be no need, as he has the means to detect and monitor situations like WandaVision remotely, and intervene if the world is threatened. Which it wasn't. Doctor Strange's brief is explicitly to protect the world from magic threats. If the world isn't threatened, it's not his job. If the threat is non-magical, it's not his job. His medical training makes him skilled in triage. Often the correct medical decision is to not intervene.

Last edited:

hopeless

Adventurer
I still think Wandavision's story might have been improved if Agnes was actually working on behalf of Dr Strange's organisation and no one thought anything was wrong until she failed to contact them with an update so one of them went down there only to discover she had been rewritten into her undercover role by Wanda.
That could still be the case if revealed in the movie, but most responses to this believe she's a witch not a sorceror ignoring the fact Dr Strange's group are supposed to be keeping tabs on magical threats and Wanda having a breakdown is a threat!
Just because she'a a witch doesn't mean she isn't affiliated to a part of Dr Strange's organisation they quite probably have their own bureaucracy and red tape to match their real world counterparts!

Dire Bare

Legend
It’s not about showing up to everything, but certain high profile cases make the list...aka the stuff exciting enough to generate movies and tv shows.

like with Wanda vision, no one is going to call Dr Strange when an entire town is being rewritten by magic powers? At face value the answer seems to be no.

in my head cannon, someone tried and couldn’t get a ahold of him for whatever reason. And done, we move on.

I just assume this happens in every big league issue off camera
Who's going to call Dr. Strange? It's not like he puts out a shingle, "Sorcerer Supreme, Call for Supernatural Emergencies".

The Avengers proper are a government-linked organization . . . but many of our other heroes aren't connected like that.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

in my head cannon, someone tried and couldn’t get a ahold of him for whatever reason. And done, we move on.
What I understand was that he was informed but late, and was supposed to get there right after it ended. There was supposed to be a end-credits seen with him, but Benedict was stuck in New Zealand due to travel restrictions.

Blue

Who's going to call Dr. Strange? It's not like he puts out a shingle, "Sorcerer Supreme, Call for Supernatural Emergencies".
It's much more convenient when they are in the phone book.
Dresden+Ad.jpg

hopeless

Adventurer
I'm probably in the minority here, but who would you cast as Harry Dresden?
I would have liked the one from the tv series despite some people not liking that.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

So, who was going to tell him? SWORD? With that idiot at the lead? No.
Monica Rambeau or Agent Woo? They don't know Strange.
Beyond that, nobody knew it was happening.

Stalker0

Legend
So, who was going to tell him? SWORD? With that idiot at the lead? No.
Monica Rambeau or Agent Woo? They don't know Strange.
Beyond that, nobody knew it was happening.
I would argue the head of Sword at least for most of the show is not stupid, he's just evil. He's much less of an imbecile than Monica is, who:
  • Who faced with some mystery field surrounding a disappeared town that has clearly mind whammied local police, decides the best idea is to the touch it....then try to move through it, instead of calling for backup.
  • Is on record saying that Wanda's manipulation was "agonizing torture" but still defends Wanda to the rest of the organization....based on some....gut feeling?
  • Finds out that she went through a reality changing barrier, then gets a note from the medic that her "medical signs aren't even showing up"....and just decides to blow it off instead of taking it for the grievously serious news that it should be. Actually that should have been illegal, Monica should have been medically detained at that point...but I digress.
  • Then goes through the same barrier....again! Its only by the power of plot she got super powers and not extreme cancer that killed her in a few days.
In contrast, the head of Sword is on point for most of it. He sees Wanda for exactly what she is....an enemy of extraordinary power who has taken an entire town hostage, and when confronted, shows no remorse and no desire to stop her actions. He uses that drone to take the one shot he's got to take out the terrorist (which Wanda absolutely is at that point)....sure it doesn't work, but against Wanda I mean what would? Sure the guy had an evil agenda, and turned into a mustache twirling villain by the end (which was so stupid....sigh), but honestly for a lot of the show he was right.

Back to contacting the Avengers, Agent Woo knows Ant-man, Darcy knows Dr Selwick that have worked with Avengers and likely have some kind of contact number for at least a few of them. Falcon and War Machine are well known military assets that would definitely have ways to get in touch with them. Or Pepper Potts, surely she has some Avenger contacts in that massive rolodex of hers, and again a federal agency would absolutely have means of getting in contact with her.

So would it require some telephone games sure....and you put one of your hardworking federal agents on that while people continue the investigation....but that absolutely happens.....because when you are dealing with freakin reality changing magic....yes you are going to try and find any expert on the planet....or heck beyond the planet....you can.

But....again in my headcannon, I assume they do just that. There is a poor federal agent in their camp who makes dozens and dozens of calls trying to get a hold of an avenger....and for XYZ reason they just can't....and so the plot moves on.

Last edited:

Blue

Having Harry show up in Westview would have been EPIC! :)
That would have been a lot of fun. While the White Counciol has a rather intractible view on mind control, Harry tempers his views with a good deal more compassion. And it's fun watching him try to deal with the moral quandary - always good parts of the books. I would give even odds that it ended up - after some pyrotechnics - with a discussion much like the Visions that ended with Wanda voluntarily in Demonreach.

Okay, I think I've gone over my quota of off-topic, so to bring it back to original sub-topic. When Walker was announced as the new Captain America, which of the established 6-months-post-Blip heroes/characters should have shown up or at least called to congratulate/check out/condemn the new Cap? Because that was likely a worldwide news event.

Remove ads