• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flight of the Resistance (Star Wars)

Quickleaf

Legend
Before I make my first post, I need to ask for some clarification. Rex has a general purpose scanner, it can detect motion out to 500 meters, life forms out to 1500 meters and comms signals out even further. Knowing that they are in danger, he would be using it to keep watch on their surrounding areas, what would he have picked up so far?

Ah, thanks for catching that. I'll revise my opening post...

What Rex's scanner would first pick up is an upsilon-encrypted Resistance comm beacon (which he could sense since Spirepoint's gate). Additionally, his scanner would pick up a lot of "white noise" of various comms in use around Spirepoint.

Coming within ~2km of the ruined temple, he would sense unusual garbled communications that would require a Difficulty 2 Computers check (with two Setback dice) to decipher.

During the journey out to the ruined temple through the rainforest he would detect many animal lifeforms, and intermittently he'd detect some "phantom images" of what could be humanoids at the far edge of his sensors.

Within 1.5km of the ruined temple he would detect 9 humanoids intermittently jumping north on his sensors. The "jumping" would be due to the fact that the creatures were moving (beyond the range his sensors detect movement) rainforest terrain creating interference.

Within 500m of the ruined temple he would detect 8 humanoids milling about one who appeared stationary.

Does that seem like what a droid's sensors would pick up?

xynthoros

First Post
I am still learning, but I have 1 rank in Codebreaker which is as follows: Remove one setback per rank in Codebreaker from checks to break codes or decrypt communications. Decrease difficulty of checks to break codes or decrypt communications by 1.

Would that make my final dice pool actually 2eP+1eA+1eD+1eS as follows?

Revised Computer Decrypt Comms roll: 2eP+1eA+1eD+1eS 3 successes

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
I am still learning, but I have 1 rank in Codebreaker which is as follows: Remove one setback per rank in Codebreaker from checks to break codes or decrypt communications. Decrease difficulty of checks to break codes or decrypt communications by 1.

Would that make my final dice pool actually 2eP+1eA+1eD+1eS as follows?

Revised Computer Decrypt Comms roll: 2eP+1eA+1eD+1eS 3 successes

Yes, that's right. I went with your previous roll and posted to actual play already.

EDIT: I think we were typing at the same time. Sorry I missed that. I hadn't recorded any of your talents on the "PC cheat sheet" of my game document, but I can do that if it'll help folks keep track as we're learning the system.

Last edited:

xynthoros

First Post
That's fine, it took me a moment to realize my talent should apply in this situation and I just wanted to clarify that I had created the dice pool correctly with the talent taken into consideration. If you go with the previous dice roll that is not an issue.

Quickleaf

Legend
That's fine, it took me a moment to realize my talent should apply in this situation and I just wanted to clarify that I had created the dice pool correctly with the talent taken into consideration. If you go with the previous dice roll that is not an issue.

Yes, you got the dice pool right. Since you had so many successes, and wouldn't have had the threats with your correct roll, let's interpret it as Rex staying tapped into the First Order comms while in range for the rest of the scene.

I've since written down in my notes for Rex your Codebreaker 1 talent (remove one Difficulty and one Setback from attempts to break a code) and Gearhead 1 talent (remove one Setback from Mechanics checks).

Also I've noted for Garrett his Skilled Jockey 1 talent (reduce one Setback on Piloting checks).

And for Kospirian his Uncanny Senses talent (add a Boost to Perception checks).

Quickleaf

Legend
So what does Garrett know about the area around the temple. Anything he can uss to his advantage when dealing with the storm troopers?

Sent from my LG-H910 using EN World mobile app

Garrett knows scrapper stories about people going out to the temple ruins, where during the Galactic Civil War a Lambda-class shuttle crashed with one of the central walls and was imbedded there, vines growing over it after years fixing it in place.

The area around the temple is overgrown with trees, shrubs, and vines; this is where bodies of would-be scavengers have been found tangled amidst the vines. The temple was built in a clearing along a ridge, but part of the ridge eroded and caused the southern tip of the temple to sink down below the rest. It's laid out in a star pattern, with the central area distinguished by the crashed shuttle and an ancient arboray tree of great size.

Was there something specific you wanted to know?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads