• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flight of the Resistance (Star Wars)

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] So I was thinking that my characters mother was going to die but if it does not fit in your narrative then I may just add her as an obligation for my PC. If she doesn't end up dead my character would insist she comes with the group.

I do intend to orchestrate a situation in which Garrett's mother is likely to be killed by the First Order. Of course, like with anything that happens in the game, nothing is set in stone since you all might do something completely unexpected.

Destiny Pool: 1eF 1 Dark Side

Yowzah! So far the starting Destiny Pool is 5 dark side, and then whatever [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] rolls. I guess you guys are getting your bad karma out of the way!

Quickleaf

Legend
Also of note, character sheet is up as well as first post, so if someone with a little experience could have a look it would be much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Sure thing. On first blush, it looks like you gave Rico too many starting XP.

You have 110 (species) + 10 (Morality ) + 10 (?) + 15 (bonus XP)

I think you calculated his Obligation as another source of 10 XP, but for XP purposes (and to keep the game simpler to start with), I asked everyone to choose ONE of Morality/Duty/Obligation.

Later on, once we've all gotten a better grasp of the game, I'm OK with introducing say, Morality AND Obligation (or even all three). And, at that later point, I'm open to giving you XP for your choices. But for now, I'd like to focus on just one for each character.

Also think of it a bit like creating part of your PC's narrative arc. For example, Garrett and Arsinoë start out with Obligation, but maybe over the course of the story it makes sense for them to add Morality (after training in the Force) or Duty (after serving the Resistance).

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] So, interestingly, it looks to me like your XP expenses for Rico come out to 135, which is right. Looks good! I think you just need to fill in your derived stats (e.g. Wound Threshold is 10 human + 2 brawn +2 toughened, Strain Threshold is 10 human +2 willpower).

Rico: double-checking XP
Rico starting XP is 135 = 110 (human) +10 XP morality +5 XP human (bonus) + 5 XP character connections (bonus) +5 XP story hook to Skylark

CHARACTERISTICS = 60 XP total
3 Brawn = 30 XP
3 Intellect = 30 XP

TALENTS = 25 XP total
Toughened = 5 XP
Bodyguard = 5 XP
Parry = 5 XP
Soresu Technique = 10 XP

EXTRA SPECIALIZATIONS = 20 XP total
Soresu Defender = 20 XP

SKILLS = 30 XP total
Athletics 1 (free specialization) = 0 XP
Cool 1 (free career) = 0 XP
Discipline 1 (free career) = 0 XP
Medicine 1 = 5 XP
Resilience 1 (free career) = 0 XP
Brawl 1 = 5 XP
Lightsaber 2 (1 free specialization) = 10 XP
Melee 1 = 5 XP
Knowledge (Core Worlds) 1 (free human non-career skill) = 0 XP
Knowledge (Lore) 1 = 5 XP
Knowledge (Outer Rim) 1 (free human non-career skill) = 0 XP

ABSOLUTE TOTAL = 135 = 60 + 25 + 20 + 30

xynthoros

First Post
Can you splice through a Comms link? The way I see it I have two options, 1 is to try disrupting their systems so they can't actually track us, 2 is to Jamm comms trading our advantage for their disadvantage.

There is a third option that is utterly insane... But I willbwait to elaborate.

Quickleaf

Legend
Can you splice through a Comms link? The way I see it I have two options, 1 is to try disrupting their systems so they can't actually track us, 2 is to Jamm comms trading our advantage for their disadvantage.

There is a third option that is utterly insane... But I willbwait to elaborate.

That's...an excellent question...

Option 1. Let me check the books today and see what they say about slicing sensors remotely through comms. This one is a big question mark for me.

EDIT: My instinct is that we could interpret it as Rex is already "in" their comm system, and that he drops some kind of data packet spam-mail "bomb" which disables the ability of the walker to share its sensor data. So it wouldn't destroy the walker's sensors, just the ability to transmit to the other stormtroopers. Because the data surge could overload Rex's own sensors, he has to disconnect from the First Order comms in order to do it, losing the ability to listen in. Does that sound like what you're wanting to do?

Option 2. That's definitely something you can attempt with your comm jammer.

Option 3. Utterly insane isn't always bad.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Did I miss any free Career skills for Kospirian? I am still not really sure if I was suppose to get any and I could not find anything as I re-read the character creation... (so I only listed to two that I got from my Race)

Remove ads