• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How I'd fix Star Wars

They are killing the franchise when they are releasing titles not wellcome by the audience. The age of peak popularity ended long time ago.

And it is not only Star Wars, but also Willow, Pixar and Marvel Superhéroes. They aren't releasing the titles liked by the audience. This is not only a slowdown. The company is closer to the bankrupt most of fandom could imagine.

* The TTRPG by Edge Studio is "frozen", and I guess when the deal ended, Disney will want to publish its own TTRPG using a remade version of Marvel RPG.

Yeah the Disney empire is in real trouble. I'm hearing even the parks are starting to hurt, its going to get way worse when Universal finishes building its new parks and adds a Lord of the Rings park.

Word is the projections for Dial of Destiny are horrible for the massive amount of money spent to make and advertize it.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah the Disney empire is in real trouble. I'm hearing even the parks are starting to hurt, its going to get way worse when Universal finishes building its new parks and adds a Lord of the Rings park.

Word is the projections for Dial of Destiny are horrible for the massive amount of money spent to make and advertize it.

Think elemental outright flopped 200 million movie.

Indies not trending well.

TLM underperformed internationally ok domestically.

To break the hegemony of space fantasy is not easy. If it was then the rest of studios had tried it.

And literature? Writters realises the sci-fi is a genre what gets old very poorly. Maybe the strategy should be space fantasy with an intentional vintage look.

Movie studios would rather betting for known franchises from videogame industry, and I don't blame them.

There was a Flash Gordon's movie in the 80's, whose soundtrack is very famous thanks Queen. Some years before there was a cartoon serie. A second cartoon serie was produced in 1996, and a new action-live serie in 2004.

The remake of Gallactica worked relatively well, but the plot didn't allow more space for spin-off beyond "humans vs cylons".

* An adaptation of the TTRPG Fading Sun? Of course, and also a remake of "Exo-Squad".

* Teorically space fantasy should work as cartoon show, but in the last decades these aren't the stars in the children TV channels.

Star Trek and Stargate age very well.

Think elemental outright flopped 200 million movie.

Indies not trending well.

TLM underperformed internationally ok domestically.

Disaster. I heard Quantum Mania barely pulled off a profit of like 30 million.

Only GotG3 did well for Disney. Next up is the Marvels which I'm looking forward to because I like Ms. Marvel in the TV show, but I'll be surprised if it does well or even okay.

Its why they pulled Deadpool 3 forward and delayed alot of other things.

Thousands are being fired and Disney is losing key personal.

To break the hegemony of space fantasy is not easy. If it was then the rest of studios had tried it.

And literature? Writters realises the sci-fi is a genre what gets old very poorly. Maybe the strategy should be space fantasy with an intentional vintage look.

Movie studios would rather betting for known franchises from videogame industry, and I don't blame them.

There was a Flash Gordon's movie in the 80's, whose soundtrack is very famous thanks Queen. Some years before there was a cartoon serie. A second cartoon serie was produced in 1996, and a new action-live serie in 2004.

The remake of Gallactica worked relatively well, but the plot didn't allow more space for spin-off beyond "humans vs cylons".

* An adaptation of the TTRPG Fading Sun? Of course, and also a remake of "Exo-Squad".

* Teorically space fantasy should work as cartoon show, but in the last decades these aren't the stars in the children TV channels.

Not going to lie, as cheezy as that trailer was, I now want to watch Star Crash.

Ryujin

Legend
They used to have it on VHS at the tiny video rental store round the corner from our house when I was a kid. My brother and I must've rented it a good half-a-dozen times. It is indeed cheesy, but we enjoyed it. "Imperial Battleship - HALT THE FLOW OF TIME."
I recently saw it listed on either Tubi or Roku. Haven't watched it since the early '00s, though I've seen it at least a dozen times in all.

Kaodi

Hero
If there is any force that could cause good guys and bad guys to team up it would be to bring down the pain on the forces of time travel. That naughty word needs to die, and both good and evil know it.

Zardnaar

Legend
If there is any force that could cause good guys and bad guys to team up it would be to bring down the pain on the forces of time travel. That naughty word needs to die, and both good and evil know it.

In old legends they kinda did this with a cosmic evil building on tge outsiders un TCW cartoon.

Remove ads