(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Thank you for your permission," he says, humbly. "The capacious concerns Your Highness deals with far exceed my limited experience," the Colonel begins, bowing his head. He looks up before continuing. "I know nothing of this alliance of which you speak, but am astounded that any would think someone as great as yourself, who commands the sky and all that fly (praise be the Storm and Cloud), would traffick with those who live amongst rocks."

The Colonel is hoping to play off some presumed kinship between the his air genasi heritage and this giant, and there's some scorn in his voice as he talks about the hill giant. He'll happily listen to anything further the king has to say on the subject.

He keeps his open hands apart.

"I carry no weapons. Haven't needed them in years. We did not stop all the slavers, though. They would be of a size that might presume to use your majesty's blade."

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I sometimes feel more of a kinship with the creatures of the sky, indeed." admitted the cloud giant while running a hand across his eagle's feathers, "Than I do with those giants who are low on the Ordening."

But his face grew angry when the Colonel suggested that someone else might have taken his sword, "Come, come. No giant lived who could have taken the sword. She he will change shape to suit her wielder, and she's likely to side with the victor after a battle. I know your company has her. If not you, then one of the others."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"If it is Thyffon," said Waythe to Kahru, having guessed as much from following the northerner's surface thoughts, "Don't give me back to him. It has been years since he has used me to slay his enemies. He is no coward, but he has taken to boring acts such as 'diplomacy' and 'ruling'. He now has others to do his slaying for him."

I will not give you back” Kahru gave a wordless assurance to the long sword Waythe as he continued forward drawing nearer to the parlay point where he could see the giant prince and the colonel locked in the rituals of diplomacy. 400 feet and getting closer, the Barbarian zealot strained to hear the words being exchanged, whilst feeling the Long swords continuing urging.

I promise to carry you into battle, but perhaps there is another way.” Kahru was no diplomat, but he also had no quarrel with the sky jotun
Waythe, You say Thyffon calls on others to do his slaying for him? tell me is he a fair master to those who offer their oath to him?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Waythe, You say Thyffon calls on others to do his slaying for him? tell me is he a fair master to those who offer their oath to him?
"Yes. He is stern but fair." the sword answered, understanding where this was heading, "He is not to be crossed, but will keep his word."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The Colonel looks up at the giant, as if considering something. The old man shrugs.

"There were weapons and other valuables our group liberated from the hill giants. The shield on my back was one; I cannot say if your blade was among them, but it may have been. With your permission, my companions can present themselves to your royal self. Or if it is to your liking your highness may join us at the cospe over there. It is one to me; there are too man blades in this world that fall into the wrong hands."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Let us invite your friends to join us here. I would meet the slayers of Nosnra." Thyffon said, sure of his own safety but keeping to his advantageous position.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Dismissed, the Colonel bows and walks away, not turning until he is partway down the hill. Only then does he see Kahru, whom he walks towards.

For a moment, the Colonel feels relief, that he had gotten out of that situation against all probability.

As he reaches Kahru, the Colonel, says quietly, "His Majesty is looking for his sword. Perhaps you've seen it." Statement, not a question. He raises his hand, as a signal to the others, and is prepared to stand with Kahru if need be.

"Do you want to wait for us all to approach the King?" he asks.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I will speak to him about the sword” the northman nodded when the Colonel came by, casting only a quick glance back to see where the others were should they need to react.

He had considered taking on the giant eagles form and flying to the giants hilltop, a flashy display of power which would build kinship with the sky born, but the thought passed quickly, the simple approach was often best.
Lord Thyffon” he called in the common language of giants as he drew closer to the towering sky jotun. “I am Kahru Karavetra, Chosen of the Storm Bear Totem. Forgive me if I speak out of turn, I am a warrior, not a speechmaker.

Kahru was tall for a human but his head barely came to the giants knee and he strained to look up and up at Thyffons expression. Nor was he sure of the protocol of such things -was it proper to kneel in acknowledgement? Making himself even smaller seemed absurd and besides his northern pride churned against the sentiment so in the end he remained upon his feet.

Waythe is here alsoKahru admitted bringing the still sheathed sword before him, the pommel gripped firmly in both his hands, the blade down and chape resting on the ground. It was a gamble Kahru knew, he was anticipating the swords protest, but he was committed now and taking a breath he acted “she speaks to me and has told me that you are a fair Master and brave Ruler of your people. But Waythe longs for battle, Lord Thyffon, you know her nature is to slay the enemy, she does not want to be hung unused on a great mans hip or rested on his mantle.

So I offer myself Great Prince, I will give you my oath and my pledge.
If you Prince Thyffon allow me to wield the sword Waythe in your stead. I pledge myself to slay the enemy in your name and to defend those you would protect. I will be your sword arm for as long as you will have me.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Seeing what appears to be a situation developing up ahead, Doc begins to increase his pace in order to get everything in range.

Just in case.

OOC:
Doc is moving with all due haste to get within shooting range, then will slow to a mosey.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thyffon smiled at Kahru's oath and answered, "I would have you, Kahru Karavetra. As I assume that you would like to complete your task here before entering my service, I would charge you with one quest while you are here: That is, find out if there is any... outside influence to this Alliance of Giants. I do not trust it, but I have found no proof. Chief Nosnra did not mastermind it, of course, but I do not believe that Thane Arnak, Jarl Grugnur, nor even King Snurre came up with it entirely on their own. There must be some other force at work here. If I believed that this was all for the glory of giant-kind, well, perhaps then I would join them and utterly crush the world of the small-folk. But I do not."

He ran his fingers through his eagle's feathers until he found a loose one, and he plucked it free. Then he blew on it while chanting a sound that resembled raining hailstones. Finally, he reached down and gave it to Kahru and said, "When you have found proof that outside forces are at work, this feather will lead you to my Castle, wherever it may be. Bring proof to me there, and you will begin your true service then."

Remove ads