• COMING SOON! -- Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition! Level up your 5E game! The standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love!
log in or register to remove this ad

 

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly


log in or register to remove this ad

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter


Miss Imogen smells the sulphur in the gas, and breaths in deep before she shuts her eyes and reaches for Weed. Her cheeks sting, and she holds the small creature between her forearms. Without paying attention to her other companions, or at least not for the moment, she prays that Weed will be alright. She hears him squeak as he exhales what little air he has.

His lungs are so small, she thinks.

She pulls his face towards hers, and she presses her lips gently against his mouth. It's warmer than hers (her lips are chilled with frost somehow) and as she makes a seal she exhales slowly until he has another breath. Maybe this will be enough, she hopes, and continues to hug him tight, not breathing herself and offering what airt she has to Kapalue.
 

Prickly Pear

Adventurer


Phew, that's horrid! Chrysogen said as he flicked a firefly from his pouch and lightens up his helmet with a touch. He holds a cloth against his nose and mouth to stop the acrid smell hurting his lungs. Although Chrysagon can see in the dark, he is more comfortable in bright light. It might also help the others to see the rotten plants in the room.
Chrysagon poked the ground and vegetation with one of his javelins, careful not to step on anything inside the opened chamber. He was looking for a trapdoor or hidden opening.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Good luck for Imogen given the damage rolls


Myrrals has no easy way to block his nostrils and his longer nasal cavity and good sense of smell work against him in this instance. He hacks, coughs and spasms, clawing at his face. At least his fur prevents most of the acidic fumes from reaching his skin although it loses some of the lustre.

"I...cough...I can...wheeze...I could fireball the place. It would clear it out."

He readies his net, waiting for something to attack them.
"Yassah, check around the block gasp for something that could...cough...be turned like...cough cough hack...the key or at least look for keyholes."

Con save vs poison/acid: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When Miss Imogen reached out to Weed, she found its leafy hands held a grip that was stronger than she expected. As she pulled it toward her and put her face close, its leaves wrapped about her in a comfortable embrace and she found herself breathing through a mesh of leaves that served as a filter. Then, when Chrysagon's light lit the place so that the others could see, they found that Weed was lush, verdant, and sitting on Imogen's shoulders and wrapping its arms around her face, giving her a filtered breathing apparatus.

For some strange reason, the rotting vegetation here was acting as a fertilizer to the little Vegepygmy. It was still light enough to not give Imogen much trouble moving about, but it was covered in new leafy growth, and perhaps there were the buds of flowers just starting to poke through.

OOC: Miss Imogen has advantage against any future saves that this situation might cause.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yassah did as Myrral asked, and he reported, "Block isss very large and heavy - nothing to grab onto. No holesss. I ssee chainss above. They musst go to the doorss. When it lowersss, they open. Perhapss when they closse, it raissess?"

OOC: Yassah's Investigation check: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak waved a hand in front of his face as the noxious, rotting fumes swirled up around them. “Oh, tha’s nasty!” the dwarf coughed. The room was filled with rotting vegetation.

Con save vs poison: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [5, 15]+3 = 18

“We’d best find an exit from ‘ere,” Dellrak said, going to work searching the room after Chrysagon lit things up with magic. “I got an antitoxin if anyone needs it,” he offered.

Perception: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21

***
Torch: 600r
50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon stopped poking about in the vegetation. There seem to be nothing here, at least not as far as I can reach with the javelin. This place must be a dead end... maybe just a trap.
He turned around and listened to Yassah. Good spotting, he told the big Snakeman. Let's shut these doors. Dellrak and Yassah, come and help!

OOC: Closing stone door with Strength (Athletics): 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
Maybe if others help, the roll could be with advantage? If so, second roll for advantage: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen hears Chrysagon's call, and responds. She offers what help she can, Weed functioning as a filter mask for her.

OOC: Not trained in Athletics.
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'll check the other side of the room, be ready if something jumps at me."
Myrral extends his claws and grabs onto the wall going almost to the ceiling before starting a circle around the room. He looks over the pile of the vegetation looking for movement and trying to spot something in the middle that would indicate there is an opening.

Finally he looks over the chains connecting the block to the door.

OOC: I rolled 2, 3, 3 as my last three rolls!! (in another campaign thread)
Investigation +3 or Perception +6: 1D20 = [3] = 3
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dellrack was able to confirm that the doors and the block must somehow be connected. In fact, he was vaguely aware of some sort of clicking or ticking noise that was echoing through the hollows in the stone that allowed the chains to move. Some sort of timing system. With the way the trap (and he was pretty sure it was a trap, unfortunately) was constructed, he expected that it would eventually reset itself. But how long?

The noxious fumes continued to choke and irritate the skin as the group worked to try to speed it along. Chrysagon and Yassa pushed at the doors, but it was no use - they (and the block) were too heavy for just two people. It was possible that a coordinated effort might succeed. They would need to get organized.

Outside, Ussal could see no way to raise the stone. In addition, he did not like the way the gargoyles overhead had shifted - as if they were amused, but at the same time eager to pounce at any moment.

OOC: Okay, it's gonna take two rounds to get organized. That means two dc14 Con saves, or take 6 poinson and 7 acid then 10 poison and 5 acid, respectively. (Imogen has advantage, but not resistance). Then, let's get everyone to roll Strength checks. If the total of all checks beats 66, then you can shut the doors (and lift the stone), otherwise you'll have to suffer more saves before trying again.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yassah instructed the broodguard to push with him, and he got on one door and heaved, while closing his eyes and nostrils against the fumes. He didn't mind the acrid smell of the rotting mess, but it irritated his skin terribly. The brooguard hissed a whining sound as if it were in pain, but it pushed with all its might.

 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen coughs as some of the acid slips between Weed's tendrils, but she is relieved that the poor vegepygmy is not suffering in this foul atmosphere. She holds her breath as best she can as she helps to lift.

OOC: Two CON saves (1d20+3 with Adv): 15, 13.
Damage in round 1: 13 points.
Damage in round 2: 0 points
HP: 45-13=32.

Strength check (1d20+0=14) (+29=43 of 66 running total.)
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The gates were slowly closing and the chains began to lift the huge block. Dellrak could "feel" the chains dragging through the holes bored in the stone above them. Somewhere, a heavy pulley-system clicked away at its pawls. A little light illuminated the floor behind them as they pushed. A last, final effort would probably do the deed.

Outside, the noxious fumes began to waft out under the lifting block. It was not thick enough to be harmful, but it was unpleasant for Ussal, who stood nearby.

OOC: Myrral, Chrysagon, and Dellrak should be able to pull off 23 between them, let's hope.
 
Last edited:


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrack secured the torch in between some loose stones and went over to help push on the door. He didn’t seem to have any problem with the stench. He crouched down and made sure to lift with his knees as he helped with the heavy stone door.

The dwarf heaved, and it seemed to be the catalyst needed as they shoved the door up and open.

***
Torch: 599r
50 goodberries

Save: Con saves adv vs poison: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [16, 5]+3 = 19
2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [12, 13]+3 = 16

Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Strength check: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The big doors latched into place and the pawls clicked somewhere in the stonework above. The stone block finished its ascent, disappearing into the ceiling where it looked just like the rest. The eight trickster-god puzzle cubes fell from their slots, into piles on the ground.

Their skin was badly irritated and their lungs heavy (to lesser and greater degrees), the group emerged into the light. A cloud of putrid air wafted behind them.

Weed hopped down from Imogen's shoulders. It was perhaps a full foot taller than it had been before, and lush with green growth.

"Kupalue! You look wonderful!" called Qawasha to his long-time friend, then turned to the others, "Unfortunately, my friends, you have not fared so well. I take it, this is not the correct way to do it."

Zagmira shook her head, saying, "The arch-lich is a devious bastard. He toys with us like rats in a maze. We should expect it to get worse from here."
 


Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top