• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo dashed behind the crates and ducked, replaying the last instant in his mind. The smuggler was holding his axe before him and Rodrigo had to trust around it, landing a solid hit on the shoulder... but not a killing one. The smuggler would raise his axe to hit Brother Chrysagon and...

Rodrigo burst forth again, blade leading for a hit to the lower torso, main-gauche held high to block any downward chop.

second attack on smuggler ex-crossbowman now axeman: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13

maybe hit vs smuggler axeman: 1D8+5 = [2]+5 = 7

The blade hit, but a brief moment, Rodrigo wasn't certain if he had stabbed the man in the hip or in the beltpouch.

OOC: Movement: it's going to be either or

1 the foe is still alive
Rodrigo then did a complex diagonal step, always keeping his blade between him and the smuggler and ending on the other side (to H17) - main gauche pointing north, rapier south - Brother Chrysagon should be able to dispatch him

2: the foe is dead
Rodrigo shouldered the dying man aside and hustled forward in a crouch, keeping low and the crates near him - if Brother Chrysagon did another of those splendid shield advances and diverted attention away from him then... all the better. (move to h14).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dellrak & Rodrigo

Dellrack swam toward shore, carefully looking up at the dock to see if anyone would shower him in arrows. He could hear footsteps up there and he was pretty sure that his allies were there, fighting someone. He found the ground under his feet at last, and began to wade to shore.

Meanwhile, Rodrigo had leaped out from behind the crates and ducked under Chrysagon's shield again. He wasn't sure at first if he had landed a killing blow or not, but the smuggler stepped back from him, then dropped his axe, and fell to the dock, a red stain on his abdomen.

Rodrigo pressed forward...

GM:
Gone: (PCs) Dellrak, Rodrigo
Damage Taken: (PCs) None; (BGs) Thug3 7 (Dead)

Fradak

Explorer
The smugglers were falling like flies around Chrysagon. The last thing they saw was the Balance of Kelemvor carved on the paladin's shield. They will soon meet him, on the Fugue Plane.
"I am with the Death and the Death is with me."
Chrysagon keeps pushing forward, swirling slowly his enlightened flail but without closing Miss Imogen line of sight.

OOC: Movement: I13
Action: Cross Fingers & Dodge

[sblock=StatBlock]HP: 12 HD: 1/1d10+2
AC: 18 (Resist Nec & Rad)
PP: 10
=============
Divine Sense: 4/4
Lay on Hands: 5/5 hp
Healing Hands: 1/1 hp
Spell slots:
1st: 0/0
Concentration:
=============
Equipment:
Javelins: 5/5
Health Potions: 0/0
Coins: 5 gp
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb shimmied up the nearest support and dashed up to the nearest standing smuggler. Maneuvering to use the nearby crates as cover. As the man turned in reactiion to the sound of his sudden and noisy approach, he struck out with his quarterstaff, sending the man spinning. His wet cloak though, spoiled his attempt at a kick.

[Sblock]Move to I8, Str(Athletics): 1D20 = [18] = 18

Quarterstaff (V):: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Unarmed Strike:: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
1D4+3 = [2]+3 = 5
[/sblock]

Squirrels are evil!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo was on high alert - the smugglers were bound to react at any moment - but he was astonished by Harb's sudden attack. He was alive! Then perhaps Dellrack had made it too...

He smiled fiercely. Their numbers were increasing and Miss Imogen was probably lining up another deadly shot right about now...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen sees her companions advancing down the wharf, and suppresses her satisfaction when a shape appears crawling over the edge, resolving itself into the form of Harb.

This was a delightful omen, which she took to indicate that wellbeing of the others as well.

She crossed from where she was to the other side of the pier, firing an arrow as she moved from one side to the other.

At a glance, with the burning boat, she was uncertain who was friend, who foe. The crossbowmen seemed to be occupied. But there was clearly a leader. If the leader could be taken, then perhaps the others would crumble.

An arrow flew, towards Sanuya, but whether it hit Miss Imogen could not discern, because her back was against a crate once again.

OOC: Move to F20, stopping to fire en route. [roll0] to hit (sharpshooter); damage = [roll1] piercing.

note: don't know how diagonal movement works -- if she's not going to make cover, then out and back where she is -- she's fine for range.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION] I am 99.9% sure that diagonals have the same cost that straight lines in 5e. (this means that in 5e world, a circle is a square, which means we are playing minecraft... ;) )

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Nameless, Chrysagon, & Imogen

Harb climbed up onto the dock and swung his quarterstaff at a smuggler who was firing a crossbow at the escaping boat. The man stumbled, dropping the crossbow and pulled a fiendish-looking cudgel off of his belt. "Who are you?"[/u] he asked.

Chrysagon led the charge up the dock, keeping his shield in the way of himself and Rodrigo, while Miss Imogen's arrow flew past them, striking the woman (assumed to be the Sanuya of the discovered letter) in the back. A crackle of energy showed that Imogen had pierced through magical armour, and the woman collapsed to the dock without even crying out.

Imogen ran across the dock to find cover behind some crates. Hearing splashing over the side, she looked down to see Dellrak's wet form striding out of the sea.

GM: After climbing out, Nameless can't quite make it as far as he'd like.
Gone: (PCs) Everyone; (BGs) Everyone
Damage Taken: (PCs) None; (BGs) Sanuya 16 (Dead)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Location: Secluded Dock, Tiryki Ancorage Encounter: Smugglers

End Round Two; Begin Round Three

GM:
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
*Chrysagon (I13) AC18* HP 12/12 (Resist Nec & Rad)
*Dellrak (E19) AC15 HP 7/12
*Imogen (F20) AC14 HP 11/11
*Nameless (I10) AC15 HP 9/9
*Rodrigo (H14) AC17* HP 12/12
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
*Thug1 (J9) HP less 7
*Thug2 (I17) HP less 16 (Dead)
*Thug3 (H18) HP less 15 (Dead)
*Sanuya (O9) HP less 16 (Dead)
*Smuggler1 (M10)
*Smuggler2 (P10)