• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

DrZombie

First Post
"Yes. We need to go back to those dwarves, maybe lock us in for the night. I need to pray for more strength, for this was the last of my healing powers for the day."

He looks around. "If we run into one more of these we're all dead."

industrygothica

Adventurer
DrZombie said:
"Yes. We need to go back to those dwarves, maybe lock us in for the night. I need to pray for more strength, for this was the last of my healing powers for the day."

He looks around. "If we run into one more of these we're all dead."

Does the party wish to take Courage's body with them, or leave it here?

Mista Collins

First Post
As her eyes open, Tanith stare up at the ceiling. Slowly sitting up, she rolls to her side in pain. It is at the point she spots the lifeless body of Courage and starts to shed a tear. "I agree. I need rest also, I cannot go any further. Let's get her body and go."

Slowly standing she gathers her dropped crossbow and remains silent as the party heads back.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The group manages to get back to the captive dwarves without much of a problem; perhaps it was even too easy. The dwarves are elated to see that you've returned, but their happiness turns to horror as you lay your fallen comrade on the ground next to the pool.

You tell the dwarves of your plans, to rest for the night and to heal properly, and they do what they can to help, mostly by gathering what little rubble is in the area to barricade the door.

The time passes relatively quietly as the three alternate resting and rituals to regain their lost spells, but sometime during those events it was apparent that there was something outside the barricaded door, thought it is apparently long gone now, as it has been silent for some time now.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Though we have found the nuts and lost a comrade, I feel like there is more to learn from what is going on here." Tanith says as she rubs her sore side from yesterday's horrible results. "I have a feeling more is going on here than what there seems."

"First off, where'd these dwarves come from? Second, why would someone keep them prisoners? Thirdly, who is in charge here? I don't think any of the encounters we had with these formian includes the one commanding them. For our sakes, I hope this hive isn't the same hive their queen inhabits."

"We've come this far, I say we continue a little further. I don't want Courage's death to seem meaningless."

DrZombie

First Post
"Can we not get these dwarves to safety first, warn the people that there is much more happening here then we tought, and then return, well rested, better equiped and perhaps with some reinforcements? We cannot let these dwarves stay here for another night. We might die and they'd be stuck here."

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Mista Collins said:
"That is fine, but I am not done with this place. I will want to return." Tanith says with a matter of fact statement.

Shai speaks little as the group retreats and barricades itself in. He stays near his companion, even during his morning rituals. As Tanith expresses her will to return, Shai taps his warhammer in his hand.

"Trust me, Tanith, I'm far from done with these critters," he growls. "But Jonas is right. We've too many liabilities right now. I can heal up Dyspeer and myself, but then we've little in reserve for more battles. And protecting these dwarves will make moving harder."

Shai looks to the door.

"If there's something waiting out there, I may have a way to help avoid it. The morning dew is far away above us, but it still spoke to me today, and it gave me leave to call on its cousin, the mist. It might cover our exit so that we can at least be out in the open if we have to fight."

[sblock=OOC]Updated HP for a night's rest, and updated spells, too. Shai's referring to Obscuring Mist as a cover.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads