• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

Mista Collins

First Post
"My abilities are better suited for other things." Tanith says as she eyes the door. "I can lend a shoulder in trying to bust the door down, but with my strength it might not be that much help."

industrygothica

Adventurer
After several minutes of ramming the door, Jonas finally manages to get it open. A dwarven female with chitinous flesh waits patiently on the other side. With her is are several giant ants and some formians.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

industrygothica said:
After several minutes of ramming the door, Jonas finally manages to get it open. A dwarven female with chitinous flesh waits patiently on the other side. With her is are several giant ants and some formians.

As the door bursts open, Shai blows on the palm of his hand. He emits a low whistle, and his breath seems to fog up as if from cold. Quickly, the breath spreads out, settling to the ground and filing the immediate area with moisture.

"Stay together!" he says, both hands on his warhammer.

[sblock=OOC]Casting the readied Obscuring Mist spell[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Shai's spell allows the group to exit the mouth of the corridor safely and regroup into a defensive stance at the spell's edge. The ant-like female waits patiently, almost smiling, with her impressive force behind her. "Is this how it ends? One of us destroyed so completely, the other too injured to move on? Both sides have lost much because of your inability to understand."

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

industrygothica said:
The ant-like female waits patiently, almost smiling, with her impressive force behind her. "Is this how it ends? One of us destroyed so completely, the other too injured to move on? Both sides have lost much because of your inability to understand."

Shai frowns, warhammer before him, making sure to keep himself between the group's dwarven charges and the ant-ish colony's overwhelming forces. He only holds so long as the opposing forces do, ready to make a hasty retreat if need be.

"I've never been all that bright, I admit," he says to the female, "But I know better'n to let critters eat me up while I try to figure things out. You wanna stop fighting? Great, let's stop fighting. Talk without those nasty stingers going for my gut and I might just listen."

Mista Collins

First Post
"If we don't understand, how about you enlighten us." Tanith says as her fingers twitch. Refraining from casting a spell, she waits for the formian's response.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Can't you see what I've done here?" she begins. "I've created the perfect race. You've had the opportunity to join us, yet you decline, and come to destroy us without knowing us. Those behind you would've known soon enough."

Mista Collins

First Post
"Since we aren't joining this elite race of your's," Tanith says as she looks to her companions before continuing. "and not leaving here without these dwarves, you will have to convince some others how perfect the race is."

jkason

First Post

Shai frowns.

"If it's so perfect, why do you need to drag folk into prison to get them to join?" the big man returns. He shakes his head. "I don't want a part of it, and it's a poor soul what has to force folk to agree with her ... Hehranna."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads