• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

industrygothica

Adventurer
jkason said:
Shai frowns.

"If it's so perfect, why do you need to drag folk into prison to get them to join?" the big man returns. He shakes his head. "I don't want a part of it, and it's a poor soul what has to force folk to agree with her ... Hehranna."

Hehranna smiles at the mention of her name. "They do not know what they want. Their minds have been clouded by years of prejudice. I can show them the truth, and you, too."

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

industrygothica said:
Hehranna smiles at the mention of her name. "They do not know what they want. Their minds have been clouded by years of prejudice. I can show them the truth, and you, too."

"How about you just show us the way out, instead? I'm sure chiton's nice an' all, but I've gotten kinda attached to my skin the way it is."

industrygothica

Adventurer
There is Hehranna, 3 formians-one of which is larger than the others, and another ant-dwarf. At least 6 giant ants cling to the walls and ceiling of the room.

"The way out is this way," she says and points to the way you originally entered. "You may leave, they may not. That is my compromise to you."

ooc: sorry for the delay. I wanted to get back into town before I started anything resembling a combat.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

industrygothica said:
"The way out is this way," she says and points to the way you originally entered. "You may leave, they may not. That is my compromise to you."

Shai, disheartened at the odds, continues speaking.

"Enslavement is a compromise?" he says incredulously. He glances back to the dwarves, despairing at their ability to be of help, but finds himself forced to ask all the same.

"There are too many here for three of us to fight alone," he whispers. "If you want your freedom, we may need you to help. We'll give you what weapons we can, but even if it means throwing rocks, whatever distraction you can provide might help turn the tide. Are you willing?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
jkason said:
Shai, disheartened at the odds, continues speaking.

"Enslavement is a compromise?" he says incredulously. He glances back to the dwarves, despairing at their ability to be of help, but finds himself forced to ask all the same.

"There are too many here for three of us to fight alone," he whispers. "If you want your freedom, we may need you to help. We'll give you what weapons we can, but even if it means throwing rocks, whatever distraction you can provide might help turn the tide. Are you willing?"

About half of the group of dwarves, men mostly, silently agree while the others slink back into the shadows.

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I haven't abandoned this game, just been really busy. I was trying to find a way to get out of it without a lengthy combat, but it doesn't look good. I'll try to get an update out later tonight or tomorrow.[/sblock]

Mista Collins

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Tanith doesn't want combat either, but she is not going to be walking out of here without the dwarves. And since Hehranna isn't going to let us leave with the dwarves, there is only one way to settle this: thumb wrestling match![/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hehranna realizes that neither side will back down, and combat is inevitable. She will lose more, she knows, but will pay that price to continue her plight. She looks her opponents in the eyes, gaging each one of them individually, holding their stare for a moment before moving on to the next. Without warning the entire room is put on alert as the begins casting a spell. A thick, swirling mist rises up around her and spreads out at least 20 feet in all directions.

"Here we go," someone says in the background.

27 Larger formian
20 2 formians
14 D1
14 D2
14 D3
14 D4
14 D5
10 ant-dwarf
8 Dyspeer
7 Tanith
6 Hehranna
6 8 giant ants