• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus watched as the poor lizard thing’s brains started leaking out of its...well...earholes, he guessed. Didn’t even know those things had those.

Maybe I over did it? he thought, then shrugged.

He looked back at the croc, watching it writhe in pain before dying, and sighed. He really wanted to explore it’s Id a little more. Oh well. He walked over to the thing, pulling one of its teeth free. Thing was HUGE. He stuffed it in his pack before moving on to the ship.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn extended his left hand towards the sinking crocodile, his fingers curling into a claw. A faint, shadowy stream went from the dying beast to the swordsman, and he stood a bit straighter, energized. "I, Kalorn, foretold your doom. Your curse has passed. Thus".. His leg pulsed, filling him with energy, as he traced an arcane symbol

(OOC: Gain 9 hp from curse. cast fiendish vigor for 7 temp HP).

Seeing how all foes had been vanquished and everyone seemed relatively unharmed, he saluted. "Well fought everyone". He nodded. Good. He had missed part of the fight, but what he saw showed promise. Perhaps a lack of discipline, but a lot of power. "But now we have to rescue that ship. I don't intend to walk to Luskan". He waived away Sesto. "I will be fine. But a scratch, nothing that a bit of rest won't heal. Thank you for the walker walking spell."

He only sheathed his sword when he saw the ship, apparently victorious, emerge around a bend. He smiled faintly, and raised his right hand clenched in a fist in reply to the cheers.

The ship seemed primitive, - was there room below deck - but the sailors capable. He got on board heavily, and nodded to Lerustah. "Captain".

He found a small corner to sit down, and called Sooty to him. He closed his eyes, and began focusing. Soon, his powers would be renewed. The leg never stopped. His face hidden by the brim of his hat, he grimaced... He had to be ready for what was next. More Lizard men? Pirates? Krakens? Or a calm voyage to Luskan?

OOC: End of Encounter, obviously. I was gonna work it out slowly, but it was just SO much damage!

OOC: Oh absolutely! Save time :)

Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
"Hey Cap! " said Lorenn as he landed on the Frostskimmr, kicking his board up his hand.

"What adventures we'll have, with folks such as you"
said the Captain."Oh, that? Just the routine... I wish you were there to see me diving down a 300 feet deep rift right into a Dracolish lair!"

Happy of his entrance, he sat right next to Kalorn asking to the meditating man, "I lost you at some point. Did it swallowed you? How was that? Nice trick U used, though. I need to learn this."

Then, he searched into his bag and get a flask out. "Want some?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn tilted his head until he could look at Lorenn from under the brim of his hat. Ah, one of those. Battle affected people differently, and some couldn't help but babble afterwards. Or was this an elven thing? He hoped not, it might last for weeks if it was.

"Yes, the beast swallowed me. It was dark, and painful. Some animals cannot chew, so use their gizzard, which is full of rocks and old bones, to crush their prey. Wielding a weapon in there is next to impossible. But I had defenses and, as you say, "tricks"

He sighed, and continued

"I don't know if I can teach you this spell. I have no spell book to show you. I just... do it."

OOC: the player doesn't know either.

The sellsword continued speaking, adopting a somewhat monotone, lecturing tone.

"Teleportation magic is highly useful on the battlefield, and I would recommend every mage to learn some. This particular spell is dangerous however. First it leaves an explosion behind you, which can be good to hurt enemies, but may harm allies. Thus it requires some care. Second, it operates via the Shadowland. If you mess up the return portion of the spell, you will be lost forever. Thus"

He looked at the flask "Is this a healing potion? If so, save it for someone who's really injured. It will take more than a Croc to bring Kalorn down. We may have worse fights ahead. But," he added with a tight smile, "if it's wine, I will gladly have some"

OOC2: technically a potion would be in a vial and not a flask, but I'm not sure if that was intentional of a minor slip so I have to ask :)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn took the flask and drank.

"Ahhhh. May our foes find us a nut too hard to swallow"

Returning it, he added So... tell me about the others....

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord canceled his otherworldly zone of darkness. Next, he called the Mordguard to himself to perform a quick, military like inspection of their gear, adjusting a piece here or there. Finally ordered each of them to take a boat by a bow line and pull it to the long ship. For himself, the Warlock merely walked up to the longship and climbed aboard. He shook the captain's hand in greeting and found a good place for the Mordguard to park themselves out of the way.

He left Lorrenn and Kimber to chat away as he prepared to hear from Sesto.

Fradak

Explorer
"Okay... hum what do we have here...

Ah! You have Sesto. Our Life keeper. Got a harsh childhood, if I remember correctly. Plague, everybody dead... You see the picture. Wait for his Angels to enter the dance... It's something.
Next to him, Zander. I call him Bad Luck. Always at the wrong spot, you know... But always there when you need him, though.

Over there you have... Oh yeah... Mord. Weird guy. I'd say he joined some kind of gang recently."
Lorenn made quick gestures in front of his face, mimicking a mask. "Daddy issues obviously. My advice: wait for his crazy black voids to pop up before going into battle. You'll thanks me later. Wait, now that your talking about it, he sucked Eko once...

The meditating Psycho reminds me some kids who helped us to kick the but of "You Know Who...". Be ready for crazy shít. Like wings and walls popping form nowhere.

And the last one... Nope, never saw this girl before. Quite a shooter I'd say. But who could say how she'll react when all Hells will brake loose?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads