• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upper_Krust said:
Expect a Hawking Golem at some point in the future...it may have wheels like a Juggernaut. :p
"I'm Stephen Hawking, :):):):):)!" (Had to say it, sorry)

I'm too lazy to pick out the new epic/divine/cosmic abilities right now, so I'll just look over the Transabilities.

Antimatter Effect: Sounds nice.
Astro Effect: Time to get some payback on that blasted nexus dragon! :D
Cosmic Inspiration: Nice.
Cosmic Presence: Combine this with the Legion ability?
Dead Zone: Nice!
Digestio: Sounds like a comic book supervillian. I like it!
Divine Nullification: "Leaves more room for the big ones to fight in, you know."
Edifying Presence: Plus Aligned Messiah? *gleep*
Equilibrium: Hey! That wizard is bench pressing a mountain! :lol:
Evil Eye: Muahaha.
Intrinsic: Sounds most excellent, but I haven't seen the portfolios yet.
Interdimensional: Nice!
Invincibility: Already noted by others.
Learned Weapon Immunity: Fine.
Lord of Individuality: Kyahaha!
Lord of Shadows: Bwahaha!
Lord of the Flesh: Welkin, hmm?
Multidimensional: Nice!
Ninth Sense: ???
Oblivion: No dispelling, no resurrecting, no time travel undermining? Give. Me. Now.
Omega Effect: Run away. Very quickly. I know I am.
Paradox: Yipes.
Perfect Attack: Excellent.
Perfect Defense: Excellent.
Polymath: You should have called THIS one vexing! :]
Quivering Aura: Pyrotechnically or messily?
Rectify: Plus Transtemporal? *GLEEP*
Sophism: Nice! Transilient Will?
Sunstruck: I have no idea who Azathoth is, but it sounds Lovecraftian and quite cool.
Supremacy: Fight someone with Abrogate and watch the DM's head explode.
Transcendental Architect: Nice.
Transcendental Toughness: Nice.
Transcorporeality: Innnteresting.
Transdimensional: Can this be taken multiple times for freakish ballooning?
Transgenic: (Insert Ben Kenobi line here)
Transilient F/R/W: Nice.
Transmigration: *rubs hands*
Transmortality: Nice.
Transmute: Spam black holes?
Transpersonal: How broadly do you define "opponents?"
Transtemporal: *gleep*
Transversal: Cosmic Consciousness becomes a must-have.
Ultima Effect: Nice!
Unearthly Manyshot: Kyahaha!
Unearthly Combat Expertise: Nice!
Unearthly Power Attack: Nice!

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K!

EDIT: In short, either the multiplyer goes First, providing the greatest range of CRs, or Last, provinding the largest level/perhaps most balanced play-wise CRs. (Everything would be an overestimate, so no accidental total party kills)

There should definitely be an order in which they are applied though, as unless this is stated, players will use either one of the above to maximize their Timelord-eating powers.
Perhaps the Multipliers would be best served as a *Special:...* Entry in the power's descrition, like :
Special: The Astro [Effect] Transcendant power incures a x2 level adjustment, applied after all other adjustments.

Yes but what about when Transcendental/Omnific abilities are built into the template.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh and as for hauling all that Dr. Pepper - No, I am not Arnold or anything, a bit of a shrimp myself (But beware my ninja powers) and yes, it was darn heavy, and those stupid shoping bags rip no matter how many you use. My hands and arms still ache. Was worth it though, :) Got all the soda for the weekend, and at half off the only brand I like. :)

For the weekend! - I hope you are throwing a party, 80 kg = 80 litres

That should last any one person almost 3 months. :eek:

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Heh, every time I ask I get a slightly confusing result :) (Thats when you know you have a big project :)) I Probobly sound like I am asking a different question, what I meant was If I took say, Ultima Effect, could I apply that to my Spellcasting, and throw auto-repeating deathspells? Or could I use it with, say, basic melee attacking, instead of applying it to flat basic dice based on HD. EX: Normally say I hit with my sword for 100 damage without using any powers. Could I apply Ultima Effect to my attack damage, so my foes take 100 damage each round?

I haven't tested it with magic, so off the top of my head I would say it only applies to the effects themselves. However, I'll have that covered in the Grimoire. ;)

Sledge

First Post
Wow Ltheb, you carried about 176 pounds, plus the bags, and the actual bottles or cans themselves. Likely coming around the 200 pound mark.
That puts you at around a 15 Str. I don't think that qualifies as shrimpish. ;) I'm a big guy and I shudder at the thought of the bulk of carrying 40 bottles at once. Kudos to you.
On the on topic side, I'm finally going to pick up the pdf in a week or so. School has been pretty busy lately.

Upper_Krust said:
Yes but what about when Transcendental/Omnific abilities are built into the template.
Maybe a note in the template saying XXX abilities are build in and thus have an adjustment, but the base modifier does not change.
My friends suggest the multipliers could be applied "in order" EX: If I was level 20, and got Omnipotence, the X10 would be applied NOW, making for ECL 200, and if he leveled up later, he would be level 201. (This may have mathematical problems, too tired to debate it right now)
The above makes it impossible to quickly make deities, unless you say that all the multipliers would be applied at creation for all abilities - this nerf power gamers a bit.
Oh, and I am from america, and not good at metric-to-english conversion. I tried to convert volume/c^3 to grams. Might have carried an extra zero :)

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Regarding non-deific templates...non-deific templates that have deific level powers built into them...

A. Do you use the template default when your deific divine rank would boost the power higher (Evil Eye - Amidah vs. Evil Eye divine) (possibly illogical)

or

B. Do you use your divine rank...going on the assumption that the deific level power is enhanced by you divinity. (logical)

or

C. Are deific level templates assumed to be possessed only by beings who also possess deific templates. (possible, but doubtful)

or

D. Are they completely seperate with no comingling of any sort. (illogical)

or

E. Do they cumulatively stack? (very unbalanced)

I just go on the assumption that deific level powers, that possess the name of their deific equivalents, are in fact one and the same. Thus Evil Eye from Amidah is the same ability as Evil Eye from divnity....thus you use your divine rank to determine it's effects if you also happen to be a god. But is this assumption accurate?

I also go on the assumption that Omnicomptent from the Nondeific templates is in fact Maven + Omnicompetent...so I adjust accordingly with no statistical change to the template at all...just a technical ruling change.

dante58701 said:
...thus you use your divine rank to determine it's effects if you also happen to be a god. But is this assumption accurate?
While I am not quite sure what exactly you are asking above, this kindof gave me an interesting idea - Abilities whose effect are based on the Foes divine status. An example would be a power that has increased/decreased effects on gods vs mortals. (Like a god slaying power, perhaps it triples your Divine bonus while fighting gods, or doubles it vs mortals with divine equivalent status (Ex: Amidah, Outsiders who are not specifically gods, Elementals? Etc)
Just throwing ideas out there, please ignore at your leisure. :)

Hey Sledge matey! :)

Sledge said:
On the on topic side, I'm finally going to pick up the pdf in a week or so. School has been pretty busy lately.

Don't - I still need to send you a copy for free, since you won the competition a while back...I was waiting until I had the finished thing (since it makes a better present), but if you want the next update let me know. ;)

Hey dude! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Maybe a note in the template saying XXX abilities are build in and thus have an adjustment, but the base modifier does not change.
My friends suggest the multipliers could be applied "in order" EX: If I was level 20, and got Omnipotence, the X10 would be applied NOW, making for ECL 200, and if he leveled up later, he would be level 201. (This may have mathematical problems, too tired to debate it right now)

No, then you would be ECL 210.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
The above makes it impossible to quickly make deities, unless you say that all the multipliers would be applied at creation for all abilities - this nerf power gamers a bit.

There just is no easy answer. Either you ignore it and assume all characters of that power will be immortals themselves and thus have access to cosmic powers and so on which soemwhat alleviate the discrepancy, or you use the multipliers. Which as an aside means you need to rework all the appropriate templates each time. Which is a potential nightmare.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh, and I am from america, and not good at metric-to-english conversion. I tried to convert volume/c^3 to grams. Might have carried an extra zero :)

So what you are saying is that you are not the world strongest man! :D

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
While I am not quite sure what exactly you are asking above, this kindof gave me an interesting idea - Abilities whose effect are based on the Foes divine status. An example would be a power that has increased/decreased effects on gods vs mortals. (Like a god slaying power, perhaps it triples your Divine bonus while fighting gods, or doubles it vs mortals with divine equivalent status (Ex: Amidah, Outsiders who are not specifically gods, Elementals? Etc)
Just throwing ideas out there, please ignore at your leisure.

:cool:

You mean like the Godslaying power on Alabaster's sword Godsend, that does d20 points of extra damage per divine rank. ;)

Last edited:

Hey dante mate! :)

...I suspect you are making something simple sound incredibly complicated here.

dante58701 said:
Regarding non-deific templates...non-deific templates that have deific level powers built into them...

A. Do you use the template default when your deific divine rank would boost the power higher (Evil Eye - Amidah vs. Evil Eye divine) (possibly illogical)

or

B. Do you use your divine rank...going on the assumption that the deific level power is enhanced by you divinity. (logical)

or

C. Are deific level templates assumed to be possessed only by beings who also possess deific templates. (possible, but doubtful)

or

D. Are they completely seperate with no comingling of any sort. (illogical)

or

E. Do they cumulatively stack? (very unbalanced)

I just go on the assumption that deific level powers, that possess the name of their deific equivalents, are in fact one and the same. Thus Evil Eye from Amidah is the same ability as Evil Eye from divnity....thus you use your divine rank to determine it's effects if you also happen to be a god. But is this assumption accurate?

I also go on the assumption that Omnicomptent from the Nondeific templates is in fact Maven + Omnicompetent...so I adjust accordingly with no statistical change to the template at all...just a technical ruling change.

If I am reading you right (and I admit a touch of confusion), the answer is 'A'.

A divine ability is a +1 CR which is already built into the ECL of the divinity templates. Whether that power gets slightly better because one character has a higher divine rank is irrelevant, because certain powers should be fluid like that.

Fieari

Explorer
While mucking about with making some critters, I noticed something that is entirely unfair: the Carapace Divine Ability. If you apply a divine template on top of a creature that already has natural armor, such as a dragon or a demon, this can make a creature that is impossible for fighters to hit at any of the appropriate levels they should be fighting at. I considered giving this to something at CR 28, but that would give it a +92 Natural Armor bonus. On top of all the other armor bonuses it gets!

This ability should be capped. I'd reccomend saying "This ability cannot raise the deity's natural armor past its hit dice" instead of just saying that it SHOULD be about equal to hit dice. Make it a real limit, not just a reccomendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads