Into the Woods

mips42

Adventurer
Albrecht somehow manages to mix all the piles of parchment up and put them all back into completely different piles...
Terry opens the double doors to reveal a large open space, with three stone mannequins along the southern wall. These seem to have once been practice targets as behind them, large black blast marks dirty the wall with silhouettes. There is a large iron double door entry into the next room; the doors are blackened from fire.
Somewhere, behind you you hear a faint scrabbeling noise, as of small feet. But, when you look, you see nothing.

Attachments

• 1st floor2.png
    1st floor2.png
    762.2 KB · Views: 89

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Target practice," Bimpnott says with a smile, remembering his own training in the city watch. The firbolg walks up to one of the targets and puts up his fists in a mock-fight.

Then his smile fades.

"Why does this house need fight training?" He nods to Terry, who seems to have come to (almost) the same conclusion but far quicker than he.

"I'm sure this place has been used for criminal activities, and is possibly still home to fugitives from the law. If not the boy, maybe we can find them instead."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Watch out for the explosions. Look at the wall markings. Magic is not to be trusted."
Umbril remains outside watching for the return of the doll. He has a score to settle.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Albrecht follows Terry, eyeing the target dummmies. (Are they burned, as if by spells? have holes as if from arrows?)

mips42

Adventurer
The figures are stone and blackened, as if from fire. There are cracks and bits missing, but no rel holes. it seems like they were for spell practice.
The double-doors open to reveal a rectangular room. All four walls of this room are badly burnt. There is ash and rubble littered across the floor, mixed in amongst the remains of old burnt books from ages past. Faintly, in amongst the remains, can be seen the slightly hidden piles of humanoid skeletons. The only thing that seems intact and whole in this room is a leather cloak draped over the half melted remains of a metal coat stand.

Attachments

• 1st floor2.png
    1st floor2.png
    988.8 KB · Views: 87

Neurotic

"Maybe the family hid sorcerous daughter? That couldn't quite learn control needed?" suggests Umbril. But he still remains near the door, going so far as to hold his foot against one door wing so they don't get trapped. And so he can see the hallway. His echo stands in the middle of the door to the small room facing the hall.

OOC: Umbril cannot see from echo eyes, but he can make OA with echo if Umbril sees something moving.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Albrecht walks past Umbril into the room towards the cloak.

"If so, the child wasn't trapped here. Once, this would have been nice furnishings."

He approaches the cloak. If it looks safe, he takes it off the post.

OOC: Investigation 1d20+2=12.

Neurotic

"I didn't mean trapped as in abandoned. They obviously cared enough to build all this. She just couldn't get out by herself."

Last edited:

Remove ads