• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IRR) Turn 2: Prep Thread

Serpenteye

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
Serpenteye, you know something of call of cthulhu? It seems I've got a spot comming up in my game... the person who played a certain PC has seemed to disappeared for the second time. Everyone who seems to start playing that character seems to fade away into nothingness and not post anymore:p

I'd like to see you bacm with an active place in the IC community :)

:) Thanks for asking. I was feeling a bit grumpy today (some trouble with my gf and 'the topic that must not be mentioned on the EN-boards') but you really cheered me up. I guess I'm easy to please :rolleyes:

I know next to nothing about the rules of CoC, but I know something of the setting ( pretty heavy role-playing and horror. Primeval alien evil destined to destroy or enslave humankind despite all the efforts of the fragile human minds standing in their way). I don't suppose I'll need a very extensive rules-knowledge to play though. I think I'd like to give it a try. It will take me some time to read trough the game threads. I'll check it out and get back to you this weekend.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Serpenteye said:
I'm here. I still think that this could become a really good game. We have a lot of talented players, unfortunately our (also talented) DM seems to be completely disinterested in the game.

Creamsteak, if you're still reading this thread, please tell us wether you intend to resume DMing the IRR or if you intend drop it completely. I hope you'll come back but I'm not holding my breath, this is getting tiresome.

I'm here, on and off. I don't want to undertake the IRR right now. It's a major effort that I didn't understand and respect properly until recently. I'm also working a normal job now, still attending school, and performing some services for the yearbook committee and my physics club.

I'd prefer to drop the game, but I don't want to due to my feelings towards integrity. Where does my responsibility begin, and where does it end? Great ideas, with no ending...

It's been causing me headaches off and on for a while.

I'd post more, but I want to see what people's reactions to my opening up on this opinion is. I did conceal it from everyone except Sollir and Kalanyr, so it's rather a tough spot.

Festy_Dog

First Post
No worries, I totally understand the feeling, and if you shut down the IRR, no hard feelings, just bad timing. :)

If you ever bring the IRR back into motion you can guarantee I'll be there. :D

Serpenteye

First Post
I agree. The most important thing in a game is that everyone has fun. If the DM is not enjoying himself (which you would obviously not do if you did it under time-pressure out of feelings of guilt and duty) the game will not be fun for anyone, at least not for long. I understand, gaming is, after all, and by far, not the most important thing in life.
I realise I may have put some pressure on you with my bumping and my question. I appologize for that, though I don't regret it. I thought it was important for all of us to know the real situation and important for you to be able to tell us about it. No more headaches. :)

If you ever decide to resume the IRR and you have the time to commit to it I'd be honoured to come back and play. I've always respected you, as an opponent and as a DM.

Carl
(Serpenteye)

*nods in agreement*

No hard feelings here, you're free to decide whatever you wish.

Although, perhaps, it would be fun for everyone to post their plans here :) I think a few of mine were...hrm, interesting.

Knight Otu

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Although, perhaps, it would be fun for everyone to post their plans here :) I think a few of mine were...hrm, interesting.

Of course, that might be problematic if creamsteak decides to continue at some point. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads