Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
@Knightfall I didn't really change my mind, but it seemed like a good chance to play with fate qith two 20s :)

I didn't think to roll for everything, just those asked by PCs that I'm interested in so circlet, RoP and the shield...and if I get more than one by luck, I'll pick one and others go to other players sl ot remains fair

After everyone gets first lick we can deal with tbe rest

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Also, @Scotley, do you want me to roll the Spellcraft checks for identifying items using detect magic? Phar's total bonus is +14, right?

That way we can figure out what the PCs can use right away and what needs to be identified with the proper spell or a bought wand.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I found this old 5E thread for the idea of destroying magical items...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I would say, dispel evil and/or dispel magic would be a given. Angus could use Azurak to do the actual destruction.

The PCs would gain XP for destroying the undead controlling shield and any other items that they choose not to purify. I'm not sure how much, but I do like the idea of 5 XP for destroying unholy symbols and 25XP for unholy water.

Hmm, maybe 100 XP per caster level of the item.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
XP Values for Evil Items Destroyed
+2 Undead Controlling Light Steel Shield: 1,300 XP
+2 Unholy Warhammer: 700 XP
Belt of Death: 800 XP
Profane Mantle of the Caster: 600 XP
Spinereaver: 800 XP

4,200 XP for destroying all these items to be shared by all the PCs. (I won't include Aureus unless you guys are okay with it.)

This assumes the PCs don't take the time to redeem the belt, mantle, and warhammer. I've already ruled that the undead controlling shield cannot be redeemed, so the PCs will get at least 1,300 XP for destroying that item.

And, while Spinereaver isn't actually inherently evil, it isn't something the PCs should use in its current form. I would be willing to let the PCs redeem it as if it was evil and the humanbane would become undeadbane. Doing so would really piss off the Cult of Malotoch (and the demon goddess) and the unknown creator of the blade. :devilish:

I haven't included Crisenth's anarchic javelin, as it is not evil. It could be changed from anarchic to axiomatic using the rules in the BoED, but it isn't required. Both Angus and Phar could use it as it is now.

Plus, while the cultists didn't have a name for the javelin that doesn't mean it doesn't have a history. Aureus can use bardic knowledge to find out more about it and the other weapons the other cultists had. She just needed time to rest and heal.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
4e had in-built idea of magic residue which could be used, indeed was required, in making new items. Thus, you could destroy magic item and gain certain amount of residue.

Remove ads