Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Dang it!

A ring of sustenance needs to be worn for a whole week by a new character for it to work for the new character. Man, that sucks!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus, Caerth, and Phar have an extra 2-1/2 hours to prepare for the arrival of the horde for a total of 8-1/2 hours.

Since Aureus can't loan her ring to Phar, the elven paragon wizard has just enough time to rest and recover his spells.

After he uses his ring to rest, Caerth has 6-1/2 hours to track down Syndra.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Dang it!

A ring of sustenance needs to be worn for a whole week by a new character for it to work for the new character. Man, that sucks!

Yeah, I was going to say. But then I wasn’t, because wow, what an advantage! Still, it helps Caerth and Aureus, that’s more than I expected!

Full rest in two hours means all spell slots and wild shapes.

Oh, and Caerth is going to send Screech to the druidess with a note in Druidic asking for aid. Seems the easiest way, and Caerth might check up on his old friend. Not much hope of a sorcerer, but perhaps one more addition to the militia?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
HP: 58/58
Wild Shapes 3/3
Level 0: (6) create water (x2), detect magic, detect poison, purify food and drink, read magic
Level 1: (5) cure light wounds (x2), entangle, speak with animals, obscuring mist
Level 2: (5) lesser restoration, barkskin, gust of wind, summon swarm, warp wood
Level 3: (4) call lightning, cure moderate wounds, plant growth, dominate animal
Level 4: (2) scrying, ice storm
Level 5: (1) baleful polymorph

Do Kang’s abilities refresh on Caerths rest, too?

Wand of CLW charges: 40/50

Hmm, perhaps a different spell than scrying may be better… I’ll get back on that.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Yeah, I was going to say. But then I wasn’t, because wow, what an advantage! Still, it helps Caerth and Aureus, that’s more than I expected!

Full rest in two hours means all spell slots and wild shapes.
Yeah, I'd forgotten that part. Oh well, Caerth and Aureus being able to rest means that they can spread the healing around for wands and potions. Aureus can regain all her hps by resting, so the cure light wounds potion she was going to use goes to Meridith.

JustinCase said:
Oh, and Caerth is going to send Screech to the druidess with a note in Druidic asking for aid. Seems the easiest way, and Caerth might check up on his old friend. Not much hope of a sorcerer, but perhaps one more addition to the militia?
Screech! The ultimate equalizer! :D

Caerth could also ride one of the village's horses in the stables that way getting to his friend, finding the sorcerer (and convincing him/her to help), and getting back to Carnell would be a lot faster. Of course, there is no way to know the sorcerer's attitude towards the village.

While the riders Sir Ghal sent to Fort Symas, Hazepoint, and Belporte are using the best of the mounts, there is still 5 riding horses in the village once Caerth arrives. All of the horses in the village's stable are light horses.

No. of Riding Horses: 1D4+1 = [4]+1 = 5

The only warhorse in the village belongs to Lady Pendour and that horse is meant to be used by Sir Ghal only. He'd likely want to keep his horse fresh in case he needs to use it in the fight, but he could be convinced otherwise with a successful Diplomacy check. Despite he and Caerth's past difficulties, he is considered Friendly to Caerth and the other PCs. The note sent with Screech helped a lot. In order for him to lend Caerth or anyone else his warhorse, he'd have to be made Helpful with a roll of 20 on the check.

Do Kang’s abilities refresh on Caerths rest, too?
Yes.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
No, no, it was clear - that is their possession. I didn't put it in IC, I understand how it works.
But the fact that NPCs have items that could empower PCs significantly, and we're the ones who will carry the fight is fascinating. We have +3 composite bow for Phar (Meredith) +2 weapons (I believe no PC has the equivalent), various protection items and such...

We could win easier...But story-wise, here we have local heroes, a knight, elder guards, local healers etc...of course they have their items, we're not bandits
Make a untrained Knowledge (arcana) check. Also, make a Spellcraft check, and if you get a Natural 20, then we'll discuss it.

Basically, if Maur wants to borrow that cloak, he first has to know that it is special beyond just how it looks. It's a beautiful cloak but it is also covered in rook-harpy blood. If he can figure out that Sir Ghal has the cloak, then he can use Diplomacy to convince the young knight to let Maur borrow it for the fight. Regardless of how friendly Sir Ghal is to the PCs, he's not going to offer his cloak. His Leadership Score depends a lot on that cloak.

Remove ads