Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
re:

Tellerain Hawke, thanks for not posting that with the Scottish brahl, else I would have had to break out the scotch to understand the scotchich.

and now I am headed back to the pool

.. .. .. er, back to my , uh , errand!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
New post added. I will try to add one more before the end of the night.
EDIT: Looks at the time... okay, tomorrow instead.

@Tellerian Hawke, make sure you take a look at the post I just made. It has important details about the old shrine.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
While Meilikki isn't a member of the Pantheon of the North, she has good relations with the nature deities of the North Gods (despite their conflicts with the Finnish god, Hiisi, and his offshoot pantheon known as the Sword Gods during the Divinity War). Thus, I will say that Angus can use the shrine as if he is a follower of the North Gods, but he can only do it this one time.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Without taking into account the possible bonus spells from the shrine, there is already a lot that a druid can do to prepare the village for battle. I just updated my prepared spells, and both Spike Growth and Snare can be cast ahead of time. Also, Caerth collects three pebbles for the Giant’s Wrath spell and informs everyone about his Mass Snake’s Swiftness spell. And one more Lesser Restoration on Angus if needed. (I assume Caerth casts it once before resting, and then again afterwards.)

I did prepare Ice Storm, but I fear the undead won’t be too bothered by the cold damage.

Prepared:
Level 0 (6): create water, create water, detect magic, detect poison, purify food and drink, read magic
Level 1 (5): cure light wounds, entangle, magic fang, obscuring mist, speak with animals
Level 2 (5): flaming sphere, lesser restoration, mass snake’s swiftness, master air, summon swarm
Level 3 (4): giant’s wrath, snare, spike growth, spirit jaws
Level 4 (2): dispel magic, ice storm
Level 5 (1): baleful polymorph

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Can enough of the townsfolk get together to build temporary pallisades / obstacles to place at the mouth of the passage?
View attachment 138430
Carnell does have a lumber yard, although timber is not its primary industry. (That would be farming and fishing.) BTW, there is also a tannery in the village but its use has fallen out of favor. The citizens could not stand the smell.

Rolling randomly to see how much available lumber there is in the yard...

Amount of number in Carnell: 2D100 = [65, 19] = 84

These pieces of lumber would be typical for building medieval-style houses and other buildings.

The lumber yard is owned by a man named Declan Bennett who is the villages primary woodcutter. (In game terms, he is a 12th-level commoner.) Since there isn't a lot of standing forest in the village, he often travels to Belporte to purchase lumber there or travels the trail to Fort Symas and the down to the Old Glade Forest near Wolf's Crossing. (He comes back to Carnell on the trail leading up through Kettitoft Bridge.) He is currently away from the village in Belporte.

Cutting down the trees near the old shrine would make Siweard irate. Those old growth trees are considered to be sacred to the North Gods. The other trees around the village, not so much. Lady Pendour would likely be fine with trees being cut down, as long as it isn't the trees near the shrine or the manor.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Angus will rest there for four hours, and choose Protection from Energy (Sonic); Duration 80 minutes (800 rounds) / Absorbs 96 pts. damage. He will cast it when the enemy is in sight. 😎

Remove ads