Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Whoops! I forgot that Sir Ghal's cohort can spontaneously cast his spells as a battle sorcerer. :p

So, he could identify as many as 5 of the items but that would use up all of his 1st-level spells for the day. His other known 1st-level spell is magic missile.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Whoops! I forgot that Sir Ghal's cohort can spontaneously cast his spells as a battle sorcerer. :p

So, he could identify as many as 5 of the items but that would use up all of his 1st-level spells for the day. His other known 1st-level spell is magic missile.
Ring then. The rest of the items may be evil and unuseable (sword and board). The ring might too, but it isn't obviously so (no evil runes)

@Knightfall
Rest for 8 hours effectively, but not recovering spells because that takes extra time? But maybe turn undead reset? Or just those effects described?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ring then. The rest of the items may be evil and unuseable (sword and board). The ring might too, but it isn't obviously so (no evil runes)

@Knightfall
Rest for 8 hours effectively, but not recovering spells because that takes extra time? But maybe turn undead reset? Or just those effects described?
Nope. Maur gets his spells too! :D

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Some good stuff in storage. Can anyone else use the Arcane scroll?
No, I think Phar is the best person to use that scroll. Aureus doesn't have any ranks in Use Magic Item and she's a divine bard, not a regular bard. FYI, I forgot to give her ranks in Perform, so she's a divine bard who can't use any bardic music abilities, yet.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, I'm going to start with the ring and let you guys decide if you want to identify more of the items. Note that only the prelate's heavy mace and heavy shield have Infernal script and/or the symbol of Malotoch.

EDIT: I forgot that prelate's bracers have sinister look to them.

The ring is a ring of mind shielding.

Identify: 5/4

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Since Xander's waraxe is there, I guess I should allow you guys a chance at his other stuff and Aries gear as well.

Aries: an amulet, gloves, goggles, and cloak. None of these items have a sinister look to them.

Xander: Phar can choose to claim Xander's spellbook for now, but if the duergar wizard is allowed his freedom at a later date, Phar might have to give it back. There is also the alchemical silvered bastard sword that Xander was creating for Hirasean. While it isn't enchanted yet, it is effectively a masterwork item already.

Xander's other weapon is a hand crossbow and 20 bolts in a quiver but those items are mundane (and not masterwork).

0th - acid splash, animated tattoo, arcane mark, comrades' trail, dancing lights, daze, detect disease, detect magic, detect poison, detect precious metals, Devlin's barb, disrupt undead, enchanting flavor, flare, ghost sound, hygiene, keep dry, keep fresh, learn heritage, light, long flame, mage hand, mending, mental alarm, message, minor ward, open/close, prestidigitation, quick boost, ray of frost, read magic, recent occupant, resistance, sample, set traps, sort coins, summon bag, summon key, tongue of angels, tongue of fiends, touch of fatigue, transcribe, web splat
1st - endure elements, fist of stone, mage armor, magic aura, magic weapon, proficiency, shield, true strike, web strand
2nd - arcane lock, blur, bull's strength, fly (swift), web, wraithstrike
3rd - deep slumber, discordant bolt, explosive runes (x2), fireball

@Scotley:
While some of these spell are from the PHB and Spell Compendium, there are others from several d20/OGL sourcebooks including The Complete Book of Eldritch Might , Relics and Rituals, and several Fantasy Flight Games books (School of Evocation, School of Illusion, Spells & Spellcraft, etc.).

You can choose to ignore these spells for now, and I can replace them with official spells (if you don't own those books). I can PM you details on any of them you're interested in learning about however.

Last edited:

Remove ads