Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Celestial brilliance illuminates and damages 35 feet with additional 35 feet of non-damaging light
Okay, I looked at celestial brilliance and did some research online. It's considered very broken. Is that why you only have it out to 35 feet? Or does it have to do with the gem you cast it on?

The spell description says it is 60 feet for the damaging light and another 60 feet of shadowy light.

I definitely don't like the 1 day/level. That is insanely powerful. I could see maybe going 1 hour/level (or maybe 2 hours/level) for future castings of the spell. Either that or we keep your 35 feet (or maybe 30 ft.), and I'd say the casting time is longer. At least 1 round. However, 1 hour would be better for a spell that lasts days. Regardless, It definitely won't be 1 standard action.

I won't worry about it for this combat, but we will use your 35 feet.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Just looked it up; to me, it looks like a spell designed for a heavy-undead-populated area, meant to keep undead at bay while the party rests. To make it balanced, I'd either reduce the duration (which you've discussed) or lower the damage (to 1d4, or 1d6 for light-sensitive undead.) In my opinion, you made the right call, by reducing the duration. If they want to rest in peace (no pun intended) they need to learn the Rope Trick spell, lol :p

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Last night was rough. It was another uncomfortably hot night and I barely slept. It didn't help that some morons were setting off fireworks at 3:30 A.M. for Canada Day. :mad:

So, it's time to lie down for a while and try to catch up on some sleep, I hope. :cautious:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Updated battle map. Note that only Phar and any other character with low-light vision can see beyond the shadowy light cast by the gem with Maur's spell on it.

Battle Against the Undead Horde_Round Two_Updated.png

Remove ads