Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
My plan is to reply either tomorrow or on the weekend. Today was about making doctor and physio appointments and working on some homebrewed stuff for Traveller.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Doctors appointment today. Depending on how long it takes and how it goes, I'll post in the late afternoon or evening.

EDIT: So, I found out I'm pre-diabetic/diabetic today. While it's not a complete surprise, I'm still processing my feelings about it. :(

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
@Knightfall The best thing that you can do is to cut out sweet drinks from your diet. When I was first diagnosed with diabetes in 2017, that was the first thing I did, and my A1C dropped like 3 pts in a couple of months! From my experience, it took me about 4 months of not drinking sweet drinks (cokes, sweet tea, orange juice, sugared coffee, etc.) to develop a taste for the alternative: sparkling water. I had tried sparkling water back when I was still drinking sweet stuff, and it tasted bitter to me. But after going cold turkey for awhile, my taste buds changed, and now, sparkling water tastes clean and refreshing to me. It's amazing the difference in taste! Now, I drink sparkling water, and coffee w/o sugar (I put about 1.5 oz. of heavy cream in it instead) and I love the taste of both. Especially the brand called Waterloo, which has (BPA Free cans) a variety of flavors for their sparkling water, such as peach, grape, orange vanilla, etc.

The reason why cutting out sweet drinks is important is because being liquid, drinks deliver the sugar to your bloodstream super fast. So sweet drinks are very dangerous for diabetics, because they can spike your insulin levels VERY quickly. And if you insist on having a "sweet drink" occasionally, make it a rule that you only drink them on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month, or something like that. And limit yourself to ONE when you do. Another thing you can do for options is to drink an Ultra Light beer (again, only for a treat) because regular beer is just as bad as drinking cokes. LONG STORY SHORT: Avoid sweet drinks. :cool:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Map updated with Angus's move noted.

The Dead Oasis_Ghoul Dire Wolves Move In.png

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hmm, wait I forgot about Angus's readied action.

@Tellerian Hawke, I'm assuming you want Angus to move before the DGW's get that close to the other PCs. He won't be able to charge the wolves approaching Aureus and Phar (due to the difficult terrain beyond), but he can charge one of the two DGWs that come near Caerth and Maur or the other one that is approaching Litrix over the dried out mud oasis.

However, since Angus has reach he could stay where he is and attack the DGWs near Aureus and Phar next round using reach. Let me know what you want to do and I'll change the map accordingly.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Knightfall The best thing that you can do is to cut out sweet drinks from your diet. When I was first diagnosed with diabetes in 2017, that was the first thing I did, and my A1C dropped like 3 pts in a couple of months! From my experience, it took me about 4 months of not drinking sweet drinks (cokes, sweet tea, orange juice, sugared coffee, etc.) to develop a taste for the alternative: sparkling water. I had tried sparkling water back when I was still drinking sweet stuff, and it tasted bitter to me. But after going cold turkey for awhile, my taste buds changed, and now, sparkling water tastes clean and refreshing to me. It's amazing the difference in taste! Now, I drink sparkling water, and coffee w/o sugar (I put about 1.5 oz. of heavy cream in it instead) and I love the taste of both. Especially the brand called Waterloo, which has (BPA Free cans) a variety of flavors for their sparkling water, such as peach, grape, orange vanilla, etc.

The reason why cutting out sweet drinks is important is because being liquid, drinks deliver the sugar to your bloodstream super fast. So sweet drinks are very dangerous for diabetics, because they can spike your insulin levels VERY quickly. And if you insist on having a "sweet drink" occasionally, make it a rule that you only drink them on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month, or something like that. And limit yourself to ONE when you do. Another thing you can do for options is to drink an Ultra Light beer (again, only for a treat) because regular beer is just as bad as drinking cokes. LONG STORY SHORT: Avoid sweet drinks. :cool:
Thanks for your advice.

Pretty much everyone in my family has diabetes, so I'll have lots of help and advice. I'm probably the last one to develop T2 diabetes on my mom's side of the family, well, among the older people in the family.

The main sweet drinks I indulge in are orange juice (not from concentrate) and iced tea. While I have started drinking soda again recently, I usually stick to a brand called Zevia, which is sweetened with Stevia. I'll have to go back to not drinking A&W root beer, however. :( Mainly, I drink water. I don't drink coffee. I don't drink alcohol.

The main issue is I eat way too much bread and cereal. I'm going to have to cut back significantly.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Neurotic. once T.H. decides where to have Angus move and attack, Maur is next right after that. Either Maur will have two DGWs right next to him, like on the map, or Angus might have charged and blocked one of them.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Doctors appointment today. Depending on how long it takes and how it goes, I'll post in the late afternoon or evening.

EDIT: So, I found out I'm pre-diabetic/diabetic today. While it's not a complete surprise, I'm still processing my feelings about it. :(
Does that explain those pains you go to therapy for? I'm sorry, I don't know much about diabetes :(

Remove ads