• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(LHHS) OOC Thread II

Dalamar

Adventurer
Krindor is up to date, but I really don't know what to do with her.

Could you describe the church, I'm quite sure you have something nice in there too.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whoops posted to OOC when it should have been IC... fixed.

Dalamar, posted as if you had asked about the chruch IC. Hope that's fine.

Last edited:

Any chance I could fit my character under the slums anytime soon (or even right now?), Christmas break just started for me, seems like a perfect time to get started :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
How did you want to work that?

Just come up with a more reasonable way to work yourself in, and you can join up, however, I always have some kind of default.

The default is, after Reaper posts (Brawn gets out of his daze), and heads to the slums to enter through the back, you will encounter him on the way, a quick two or three post introduction/explanation to each other, and you will both go in together through the entrance to the main grates by the slums.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I updated the Rogues Gallery, to include my mention of spells. Necromancy Spells above 1st level need my OK, but 1st level and 0 level Necromancy spells are all available. Illusion spells are ok, up to 2nd level, but a few 3rd level, and a few higher level illusions don't exist in the campaign world. Primarily Shadow Evocation/Conjuration spells.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Kal was curious about this, and it's not finished yet (I have to translate the whole sheet of notes into the appropriate information), but here's the thing...

Creamsteak

Explorer
I've started the third thread.

Of our six players, four remain, with the only true droppout being Novyet, and I highly suspect Macbrea is gone for good... I'm going to add an extra player to the mix, but I'm not absolutely sure who yet. Sollir already joined in, though he has yet to contribute to the game. So then, who will the sixth be?

If I take someone for the sixth slot (5 seems to be doing fine right now, even if it's really on 4 playing), it's going to be someone I've played with before. Either Gnomeworks or Jarval are my current picks, but I could pretty much go with anyone.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Requirements
Special: In order to become a Dusker Mage, a student must have had a friendly encounter with a Father of the Dusk or Grandfather of the Dusk. This encounter must be followed by a one year journey, either with the mentor, or in the deserts of the dusk, which make up the tundra in the northern countryside.
Spellcasting: Must be able to cast 3rd level arcane spells.
Knowledge (Arcane): 5 Ranks
Knowledge (Religion): 4 Ranks
Wilderness Lore: 2 Ranks
Feats: Spell Focus (Conjuration), Track

Dusker Mage
Code:
[b]
	Base
Class	Attack	Fort	Ref	Will[u]
Level	Bonus	Save	Save	Save	Special[/b][/u]
1st	+0	+2	+0	+2	Dusk Magic, +1 level of existing class
2nd	+1	+3	+0	+3	Child of the Dusk
3rd	+2	+3	+1	+3	Dusk Focus +1, +1 level of existing class
4th	+3	+4	+1	+4	Dusk Penetration +1, +1 level of existing class
5th	+3	+4	+1	+4	Father of the Dusk, +1 level of existing class
6th	+4	+5	+2	+5	Dusk Focus +2
7th	+5	+5	+2	+5	Dusk Penetration +2, +1 level of existing class
8th	+6	+6	+2	+6	Wild Spellcasting, +1 level of existing class
9th	+6	+6	+3	+6	Dusk Focus +3, +1 level of existing class
10th	+7	+7	+3	+7	Dusk Penetration +3, Grandfather of the Dusk
Hit Die: d8.

Dusk Magic: The Dusklander must take spells associated with Dusklander traditions at the earliest opportunity in their level advancement. They also gain a +1 effective caster level when casting these spells. This also adds a +2 competency bonus to all spellcraft checks made involving these spells. The Dusklander spell list is:

0-lvl - detect magic, prestidigitation; 1st - identify, summon monster I; 2nd - spectral hand, summon monster II; 3rd - minor planar binding, summon monster III; 4th - Evard's black tentacles, summon monster IV; 5th - planar binding, summon monster V; 6th - analyze dweomer, summon monster VI; 7th - greater planar binding, summon monster VII; 8th - symbol, summon monster VIII; 9th - gate, summon monster IX.

Child of the Dusk: As a child of the dusk, a Dusker is only an infant in his path. Beginning at 2nd level, the dusker must sacrifice one spell of the highest available arcane spellcasting slot every day in order to continue advancement as a Dusker. This reduces the casters ability to prepare and cast his highest level spells by reducing the number of times per day they can be cast.

Dusk Focus: Beginning at 3rd level, and ever 3 levels thereafter, the Dusk mage gains an effective +1 bonus to the saving throw DCs of any arcane spells the Dusker can cast. This bonus shows the raw strength of the Duskmages training.

Dusk Penetration: Beginning at 4th level, and every 3 levels thereafter, the Dusk mage gains an effective +1 bonus to caster level for the purpose of overcoming a creatures spell resistance. This represents the strange sense of the Duskmages magic.

Father of the Dusk: As a father of the Dusk, the Dusker gains the benefits of a cohort as if the Dusker had the leadership feat. This feat stacks with leadership, but only for the purpose of maintaining a cohort. The cohort must take the Dusker prestige class at the soonest opportunity, and leave if the dusker ever reaches the Father of the Dusk level.

Wild Spellcasting: As a wild spellcaster, your magic is less controlled than normal, and sometimes it fails. Wheenver you cast a spell or use a spell-like ability, roll an unmodified d20. On a roll of 1, the spell or ability fails and the uncontrolled magic causes a mishap. A mishap is a burst of wild spell energy, too powerful for the caster to reign in. This wild energy manifests in many varieties of spell-like effects, taking a random form by chance.

Grandfather of the Dusk: The training of the Dusker is culminated in the title of Grandfather. A Grandfather gains the advantage of a +4 insight bonus to all rolls made to affect a member of the Dusker Mage prestige class. Also, the Grandfather is no-longer hindered by the Child of the Dusk quality. The Grandfather of the Dusk is the head of Dusker society, and is forever marked with a magical aura (faint), that can be indentified as the traits of the Grandfather of Dusk with a Knowledge: Arcane check (DC 25). From this point on, the Dusker gains a +4 Insight bonus into Constitution for the purpose of determining hit points.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads