[LPF] Bats in the Belfry

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
As Ausk downs the direbat Izzik steps into place to flank the last tiny bat and feeling faintly foolish attempts to swat it from the air with his spear... But it just avoids his blow by a hairs breadth.

"Ah, now I recall why I don't do this... Aressa would you?"

The eidolon rolls her eyes and steps forward to falil ineffectually at the flitting bat, "Stay still you winged rat!" She hisses, scowling.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] well Xan can shot at it as there are to many people around Syldar right now to engage it in melee. Syldar can attack it but not with her bow.

I really hope this little bat doesn't take out the group. :p[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Ausk is shaping up to be very much a "I may not hit often, but don't be the target when I do" kind of character. I can't wait to get some barbarian levels on him to make him a true melee beast.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] It hasn't been 48 hrs yet. This is pbp not around the table. I got a pm from Otakkun so will give him at least another half day or so.

But Syldar can post up so if he doesn't post I can end the round.[/sblock]

udalrich

First Post
Tired of being nibbled on by the tiny bat, Syldar drops her bow and pokes at the bat with a spear.

[sblock="Actions"]I thought I had already posted. Sorry about that.

Free: Drop bow.
Move: Draw spear
Std: Attack bat
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group struggles to bring down the mighty-tiny beast.

[sblock=Combat]
Characters posted in INIT order
Code:
[U]
Character        AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]*
Ausk             14  11  flail/none
Izzik            15  [COLOR=Yellow] 8 [/COLOR] s.spear/none
Syldar           16   [COLOR=Yellow]5  [/COLOR]spear/none
Aressa           [COLOR=RoyalBlue]18[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]   9[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=RoyalBlue]mage armor[/COLOR][/I]
bats(1)          16   2  none/none 
Maia             12  [COLOR=Red]-3[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Red]stable[/COLOR][/I]
Xan              18  10  c.bow/[I][COLOR=Orange]delay[/COLOR][/I]

* inspire courage: +1 morale bonus on saves vs fear and charm
                   +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map sort of]
Ok mapping location and height not something I can make so we will be doing this by distances. I am listing the marching order and the distance from the ground that character is. In relation you should know how far you are from everyone else, the floor(should you fall), and the monsters.

Marching Order:
Syldar - 5' < in melee with tiny bat >
Ausk - 0' <in melee with tiny bat >
Aressa - 0' <in melee with tiny bat>
Maia - 0'
Izzik - 0' <in melee with tiny bat>
Xan - 0' [/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Round 3:
Xan - delay
Ausk - attack tiny bat/miss
Maia - none/stable
Izzik - attack/miss
Syldar - attack/miss
Aressa - attack/miss
bats(1) - attack/hit dmg = 1 pt[/sblock]

TOP of ROUND 4

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Hey this is fun, we should make a game of it first one to whack the bat gets a prize!" Izzik says a he again attempts to swat the pesky creature from the air. He strikes the flitting creature a glancing blow, sending it tumbling for a moment. But powered by his somewhat spindly frame the blow fails to down the irksome flying nuisance.

"Aww, so close!"

Aressa, shooting Izzik a contemptuous glance hurls herself forward slashing and snapping at the little creature with tooth and claw. She grunts with satisfaction as she impales the beast on a claw, flips it up into her mouth and crunches down. The sight of a comely female face with half a bat wing sticking out of its mouth as she munches is curiously unpleasant.

Izzik tilts his head to the side as he watches, and then shakes it vigorously, "Okay! Aressa I'm sending you back to, ah, digest your bat. You won't get up the ladder anyway. Has anyone got the means to heal Blondie here? I am afraid I have exhausted my repetoire as far as healing goes..."

OOC: I believe that is 2 damage, since Inspire Competence should be added after the minimum of 1 I think.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk will let the others finish off tiny bat, content with the dismemberment of the big one. As he scrapes off a couple chunks of well tenderized meat from his flail to give to Alf as a midnight snack, Ausk will double move up the steps to protect the group from anything else up in the belfry that is more bound to the earth.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Dismissing Aressa, as she sucks in the protruding bit of bat wing with relish. Izzik puts a hand on Ausk's foot, "Hey big fella shouldn't we see to the girl first? Chivalry and all that right? Besides at least let me send a summon up there. They are not in any real danger, and while I hesitate to call them expendable... Well, they are in that dying here does them no permanent harm, so near as."

Remove ads