[LPF] Bats in the Belfry

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Oh don't worry about that, the only god I am even marginally interested in is Penk - and he's bound to think its funny. Besides I have not told any particularly egregious puns lately so he's not going to be looking my way." Izzik tilts his head and gives Maia a lopsided grin, "And even if he did Penk loves a good straight man, and you my darling are priceless!"

The summoner looks up, "Right here goes, Mister Beaks away!", he calls summoning an resplendent celestial eagle which appears in flight some five feet above the trapdoor and casts about for foes. "Up you go Ausk my man, celestial eagles very rarely emulate pigeons, so you will probably be fine - unless he had a big dinner. I'm right behind you."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I'll keep you all covered from here," Xan says loading his crossbow.

[sblock=OOC]Otakkun said he will be taking a pbp break till April/May so I'll NPC him from here on out. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group cautiously moves up to the top of the stairs. A short three rung wooden ladder leads up to the open trap door.

But it isn't the trap door that gathers everyone's attention. The crossbow bolt that missed the bat is somehow lodged in the stone wall right next to a large hole with what looks like a chest inside. After inspecting the area the bolt must have activated a secret door which feel free during the fight.

Ausk quickly pulls the chest from it's resting place to have it sit on the landing, by the half-orcs straining muscles it must be very heavy.

[sblock=chest]
500_1189626170_treasure_chest_ca.jpg
[/sblock]

Branded into the lid is a strange abstract bird design.

[sblock=brand]
phoenix_tattoo-4.jpg
[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Ha, wonder if this has anything to do with the Tengu - you know bird blokes - that attacked us earlier? Bird themed and all. Let me check it for magics before you have a crack at opening it." Izzik says tugging on his goatee thoughtfully. He chants quickly and jiggles his fingers and then examines the chest for magical auras.

"Hmm, let's see..."

Shayuri

First Post
Maia runs her fingers over the blackened wood of the brand.

"It's a beautiful design. Like a bird made of fire. Oh, that reminds me."

She looks over at the others. "Is anyone injured? I am not good at fighting yet, but I should be able to heal wounds in the flesh."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Status update...

[sblock=Combat]

Code:
[U]
Character        AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]*
Ausk             14  11  flail/none
Izzik            15  [COLOR=Yellow] 8  [/COLOR]s.spear/none
Syldar           16   [COLOR=Yellow]5  [/COLOR]spear/none
Maia             12  [COLOR=Red] [COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR][/COLOR]  none/none
Xan              18  10  c.bow/ready
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Trying to figure out a way to contribute to the situation, Ausk will speak with the voices inside his head, "Does that symbol mean anything to you?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
"The voices inside my head are quite adamant that religion is not involved, if that helps." Ausk will look over the chest and the rest of the room for any further hidden opponents, features, traps, or just plain interesting things.

Remove ads