[LPF] Bats in the Belfry

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"You know I don't really have any bloody idea. But there's some magic about the chest I am assuming it has something to do with either the bats or the birdmen who attacked us, probably both. You know you should really get a taxidermist and get one of those big bats stuffed." Izzik says cheerily, resisting the temptation to continue ringing the bell with an effort of will.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well I don't understand where it came from but it is all yours." Rizo says pulling himself up the short ladder to inspect the bell. He smiles at Izzik knowing that look in his eye. "Yes hard to resist isn't it."

The young summoner laughs hard enough to give Penk pause and returns to the others. He then notices the potions and small bag and understands they were the source of the auras his spell detected.

It takes a few minutes to gather up everything back into the chest and head back to the Dunn Wright. In a private room the group sets about to divide up their newly acquired treasure.

[sblock=OOC] And thus ends Bats in the Belfry. Thanks everyone for playing [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So I need to break all this down by people as different people joined/left at different times. So here goes.

Syladar Narthalial (Udalrich)
Completed the whole adventure so these totals are easy.

XP: Encounter 620 + Time 686 = 1,306 XP (congrats)
GP: Encounter 760 + Time 588 = 1,348 GP

Izzik Deeks (Aldern Foxglove)
Completed the whole adventure so these totals are also easy.

XP: Encounter 620 + Time 686 = 1,306 XP
GP: Encounter 760 + Time 588 = 1,348 GP

Xan Millstone (Otakkun)
Last post Feb. 2nd 2011

XP: Encounter 520 + Time 546 = 1,066 XP
GP: Encounter 660 + Time 468 = 1,128 GP

Ausk the Crusher (sunshadow21)
Joined - Jan. 5th 2011

XP: Encounter 460 + Time 343 = 803 XP
GP: Encounter 520 + Time 294 = 814 GP

Maia (Shayuri)
Joined - Jan. 5th 2011

XP: Encounter 460 + Time 343 = 803 XP
GP: Encounter 520 + Time 294 = 814 GP

Heather (Antithetist)
Last Post Nov. 27th 2010

XP: Encounter 160 + Time 70 = 230 XP
GP: Encounter 240 + Time 60 = 300 GP

Leonion of Thunderfalls (Padreigh)
Last post Dec. 3rd 2010

XP: Encounter 160 + Time 140 = 300 XP
GP: Encounter 240 + Time 120 = 360 GP

DMCs
HolyMan = 5.46
GlassEye = 1.40

Total = 6.86 (98 days times 0.07)

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Woot! My first LPF adventure as a player completed, cheers HM!

So while Izzik really does not care about the why of things as a rule - he got to ring a big bell. I am a curious, why were dire bats in the belfry?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]Well don't ask me I just go with the flow. ;)

The original adventure was to have a land, air, and sea theme for the summoners to use there SLA's with. I'm glad you got to summon your celestial dolphins, and I thought you might like to ring the bell also. LOL My first adventure had the PCs sliding down an inverted stair well which I'm sure was fun for them to picture.

Now I have a rules clarification about your summoning I never got around to posting. When I looked it up to have Xan dismiss his eidolon, I noticed that dismissing a summons is a standard action. So you can't dismiss and summon in the same round without something to give you two standard actions. Rule on page 216 under Dismissible. But it all worked out so all is good.

Now on to loot. [/sblock]

Loot:

Dust of dryness = 850gp
Elixirs of hiding(x2) = 250gp each
Potion of jump = 50gp
Potion of magic fang = 50gp
masterwork shortbow = 330gp
masterwork dagger = 302gp
leather armor(x4) = 10gp each
shortbows(x3) = 30gp each
arrows-20(x3) = 1gp each
daggers(x3) = 2gp each

If anyone wants to keep the emerald given to the group by the halfling it is worth 200gp, also you may convert your leftover GP into any form you wish as there was plenty of gems and jewels in the treasure chest.

HM

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Izzik happily tosses treasure about at the Dunn Wright Inn, and enjoys a drink with everyone, "Hey great working with you all! But alas I feel the call of adventure once more hopefully we will get to slay nefarious foes together once more!"

OOC: Yes, you will note I never did I hope. Like in the octopus fight I dismissed Aressa in one round and summoned the dolphin in the next. With the SM1 ability though using it again removes the first so you can essentially burn charges to get an extra action with a Summon in a given turn. I tend to think its a really under rated ability, okay it does not work with your eidolon, but its a standard action and so flexible.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]Ah I see the difference. And with the summons the one chumps the other but what happens at higher lvls when you can get multiple creatures? It looks to me like the potential for it to become broken at higher lvls.[/sblock]

Moving this up since we have a new page:

Loot:

Dust of dryness = 850gp
Elixirs of hiding(x2) = 250gp each
Potion of jump = 50gp
Potion of magic fang = 50gp
masterwork shortbow = 330gp
masterwork dagger = 302gp
leather armor(x4) = 10gp each
shortbows(x3) = 30gp each
arrows-20(x3) = 1gp each
daggers(x3) = 2gp each

If anyone wants to keep the emerald given to the group by the halfling it is worth 200gp, also you may convert your leftover GP into any form you wish as there was plenty of gems and jewels in the treasure chest.

HM

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Izzik takes his share in gold, happy for others to select the gems and potions if they wish, but looking to go spend like a perverted glutton in an erotic bakery.

[sblock=SM Ability]No its pretty simple, if you use the ability again the previous go winks out. You can in effect only every have one use in play through the ability at any one time. Of course a summon can learn the Summon Monster spells, but if used normally they require the normal full round casting. So I don't think it is ever anything close to broken myself.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk will take the masterwork dagger and the potion of jump, leaving him a total of 462 in various gems to take to the Mystic Pearl and a total of 803 xp. I'll hold onto the DM credits for now since I would still be about 100 xp short with them. Can you sell back regular mundane items for half price?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Maia, completely mystified by the ritual of the bell, and the general state of elation in the others, accepts a generous double handful of gold and gems from the chest as her 'reward,' though for what she's not sure of. Yet, even with that confusion, there is a sense of camaraderie; of having been through some test that was only partly individual...and partly of them as a group. Even as the group splits up, Maia realizes that the events of the Belfry will always be there between them, a shared experience that will make them friends instead of strangers even years from now. And on the street she's walking on back to the inn, she smiles as a sudden and intense joy blasts through her.

Having friends was new...and made all this feel worthwhile.

Remove ads