[LPF] Bats in the Belfry

udalrich

First Post
Syldar also examines the box. "Léiríonn an draíocht" she says and concentrates on the box.

[sblock="Actions"]Cast detect magic. Mainly to get a spellcraft check (if relevant), since if it's not magical, Izzik will aready know. Upcoming spellcraft check does not include +2 racial bonus to id magical items.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Detect Magic] Both spells give back a reading of a faint aura of magic around the chest. Note Spellcraft is used to determine magical item properties and ID spells that you see casted or are affected by. [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Well, why don't you go on and open it big fellow - you look a lot sturdier than the rest of us. Maia, you can stand by to heal him if its trapped or something right? You've got the whole angelic, divine fire thing going so I am presuming you've got some kind of divine gifts - right?" Izzik says, waving impatiently even as he steps back with an apologetic grin at Ausk.

OOC: Ah I see it's Knowledge Arcana now to identify auras schools - Izzik still fails I'll keep the roll since its for the same intended purpose.

[sblock=The Belfry]
So we are just below the trapdoor right? Has the eagle spotted anything/been attacked by done anything? I presume not. It was summoned to be flying about 5ft. above the trapdoor.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk will gently take his pet, still wrapped protective around the gem, out of the pouch and hand him to Izzik. "Hold on to him for a sec, will ya? No point in both of us frying. And it wouldn't hurt to have weapons ready either." With that, Ausk will attempt to open the chest.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ausk puts his back to the wall and has the chest facing him as the others look on. He notices nothing special about the chest as he gives it one more look over before deciding to open it. It is strange that there is no pad lock and Ausk grabs the clasp to move it so he can lift the lid.

"Ow!" the big half-orc says raising the hand and noticing a pin prick of blood on the back of his hand. "That hurt a little and... and..." Ausk head starts to swim as a wave of vertigo hits him. Everyone sees his eyes start to roll back inside his head before he grabs both sides of the chest to steady himself.

[sblock=OOC] really sorry about the poor rolls but I'm glad you lived through it. :) CON is now at 10 HP are 7/9 [/sblock]

[sblock=Experience]
Trap CR 1: 400XP

400 / 4 players = 100xp each [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads